z

Young Writers Society

Speak for Yourself

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:10 am
Nutty says...

Hey! I'm Elyn... well, jus' call me Elyn.
I was born fifteen years ago, in a forest named N'kra. It was peacful there, while it stood.
I'm 'bout four foot tall, wit' brown hair, a four foo' tail, and brown eyes. I'm not human, as ye may have been able to tell, but one of the 'tree people.'
Ya are reading about Elyn, adventurer, rogue and all 'round trickster.
I left home about four years ago,
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 am
Nutty says...

*grins* I'm Eyrc. Don't worry about my las' name, I don' use it.
Anywaay, I'm of'en known as 'Monkey-boy.' For obvious reasons, being four foo' tall with a four foo' tail. Its a goo' tail.
I was born in a forest called N'kra about fifteen years ago. It does not exist anymore.
Anyway... I now annoy any local authorities, and am acting as a guide for my friend Tammie. I see she's already introduced herself.... She doesn't approve of anythin' that I do, but thats Elfy-girl for you.
She' no fun! but, anyway, back to me. I love acrobatics, I have... 'light' fingers, and people think I'm a kid and underestimate me, as long as I keep my tail hidden. *swishes tail* I like my tail.
Anyway, that's me, so, y'know, maybe I'll see you roun' sometime!

Whee! *climbs tree*
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:20 pm
View Likes
Esmé says...

Ainathy del Enei. Lady Ainathy del Enei, if you please.

I’m twenty one years old. Well, not yet, but someday I will. In seven years. And when that birthday comes, you’ll curse the day when you met me. Love you all.

About me? What about me?

My brother is going to kill you. He will, if you don’t take me home this minute. And I mean it!

No? I don’t like you. Go away.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:05 pm
JC says...

So...Hi. I'm Cosette Shor. My mom had this crazy obsession with Victor Hugo and Les Miserables when I was born...So I was crowned with one of the worst names she could think of. Yay. Just, call me Cose. It's better doncha think?

Okay, so, I'm going to be a Junior in high school next year...uh...I'm sixteen if that matters. I'm in drumline. I rock =D

So...Right about now I hate my family because they don't care about me. But I mean, what family does care about their kids. I have such a typical family life that it should be illegal. I live for school, friends, and band. At the moment it's summer, I have no friends, I have no band.

I'm kinda bitter about that.

-Cose
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:13 pm
Ofour says...

Hello people in this, y'know, place thingy. I was just walking by over... erm... there? Yes. there, 'n I saw this and thought what a great idea because it's not fair, yeah, 'n stuff.

Oh, my name is Philip, I get drunk quite a bit. I don't really have a job or anything but... *yawn*... it doesn't matter, does it? Everyone should peace out, just chill, 'cos everyone's just too hyped up about life... yeah.

Anyways I was gonna go over there somewhere but I think I must have stopped for some reason to do something else... no, must o' forgotten. So I'll be leaving and such, if you need me for something I'll probably be in the pub having something quite heavy to drink, what with my failed life and such. Byesibye!
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:44 am
OokamiKitsune says...

I hate doing these things but if I must :| my names Max Yaragado, I am 19 years old and Human. I have to say human because where I live there are elves and demons and such. I was born on in the 3rd month of winter. I know most people don't go this far into detail but I hate doing these things so I am just putting everything out there now!

My eyes are a deep blue, almost sapphire and I have scruffy copper hair. 188 centimeters tall and have type A blood.

On the night I turned 8 I woke up and found my mother dead and my twin brother stabbing my father, while laughing. I no longer consider him a relative. I can use magic and a sword. I am really good at hand-to-hand combat with great reflexes, my best friend taught me- he's a 6-foot Ookami (talking wolf). I do have a scar on my back from fighting Majic- that b*st*rd twin.

I don't really like anything and hate people in general, probably due to my childhood :? I will eat anything cooked and most uncooked fish. I do have nightmares of my parents deaths. Were I live we have kings and queens in every country- 8 total- but I don't bow to any of them. I have a rule that I will only bow my head to someone I respect, not someone born into royalty.

My star signs are Cancer and the Ox. Not a bad combanation I tend to get moody around people and have major trust issues. Though Elspeth says I am 'Caring' but I'm not sure why? I am loyal and very adaptive to new situations.

For anything else- though I think I have covered the basics- just ask.

-Max from A Wolf's Might and A Rose's Magic
Attachments
Max.jpg
Max Yaragado
Every hello is the prologue to the knowing farewell, so make as many stories as you can:)

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:34 pm
barefootrunner says...

Hi, my name is Esme. I am a distance runner, first and foremost, and I ran away from home, because my mother remarried without telling me, and I hate her new husband.

I am not a thief. Really, I just picked up this little block that someone dropped, and before I could give it back, she became so angry that I ran away. Running is in my blood. It's what I do. Don't blame me for it.

The next thing, I was transported to this other world by the same little block, stayed there a day, then stole back the decoder from my host family (yes, things became a little tense, especially since they turned out to be werewolves) and returned to my hometown in England, where werewolves do not exist, thank goodness.

Everything got a little complicated, all my friends became involved, and we all got captured by the woman I stole the block from. Then we escaped (and I almost shot a man, except he got incinerated first) and are currently residing in this little village in rural France. Oh, and in the mean time, we all got transported into different little worlds by that little block.

All my friends think I'm mad, because I take the blame for everything that's happened to them. But it's only logical: I showed them the block and the whole thing happened because they were associated with me. How are they supposed to get back to England now?

That's not nearly all, but I'm in a big mess now. Don't expect to hear from me again. I'll probably die in the next 24 hours.

-Esme Lebovitz from The Decoder
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:57 pm
RacheDrache says...

My name is Swanbridge. Officially of course my name is Ivzek Reklov, and I was born in the hold of Swanbridge. But I grew up there as well, I expect to die there, and since more people are familiar with my land than my disgraced family name, I've come to see myself as my hold personified.

It's been a few months now since my librarian informed me my mad forbearers were perhaps not so mad as the stories claim them to be, and that in fact the reclusive Reklov lords have been correct all these generations. My ancestors once ruled over not just the few villages and the bridge but at least a tenth of the whole empire.

I'm traveling now to the imperial city to find further evidence for my forgotten birthright, and to discover why my family was relegated to the position of a minor lord. The librarian has good deal of confidence that he'll find the answers I seek, but what I'll do when I have the truth in my hands, I don't yet know.

I wish you the best in your own endeavors.

Regards,
Swanbridge

(Lord Swanbridge, Honor's Gauntlet)
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:04 am
CarnivorousMoogle says...

What? You want me to--oh. Oh. Alright, then.

My name is Ihaka. The 'h' is silent. People seem to have trouble with that.

Anyway, I... well, I was taken from my home world by some humans who call themselves Summoners, and now I'm stuck here in their world, Viginti, in a city called Cumira. It's been... about a year, I think? I was unconscious in an underground facility for most of it, so I'm not really sure.

I came from the world Belsen, and I'd really like to go back.

I guess there's not much else to say about me, really. Summoning and the treatment of Summons is a touchy subject for me, to say the least. Oh, and I'm interested in studying thaumaturgy, there's that. I'd almost be willing to stay in Viginti, just for the amount of knowledge they've amassed about it.

Then there's the others who live in the clock tower with me. We're kind of sort of refugees, so we have to keep our heads down. They don't seem to be much good at that, though--the best way I can describe them is as a series of very ill-tempered dominoes--so I mainly just do my best to keep things from ending in tears.

It works.

Sometimes.
Last edited by CarnivorousMoogle on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:36 pm
rawrafied says...

So, my name's Shane Oliver Blackley. I, um...I do stuff, I guess?

I dunno, I was raised by Denis and Elinore. Elinore's alright, but I guess Denis wouldn't like me saying that. I mean, she's my mom and all, but--given stuff that's lame that I'm not detailing--I guess I shouldn't think nicely of the only person in this stupid family who's not a colossal douche.

Anyway, what else can I talk about? Oh, yeah. So my sister's a bi--wait...I can't swear? Well, this thing is gay. Fine, she's that thing that male dogs screw. Point made: she could go die in a ditch.

My brother used to be alright until he went off to college and returned home religious as sh*t. I mean, I've fail classes on a regularly annual basis but bible thumping ain't gonna fix that. Whateve'. I'm not even--.

So, I have a friend named Germ. His real name is Gerome Shamana Malamana (rinse, and repeat) but we call him 'Germ' because it took him two years to learn how to operate his own shower. Then seven years to start treating his pus volcanoes. He's a sick kid, but he's the kind of kid who you can call after blowing him off for four years.

Anyway, I should probably wrap this up by saying boarding schools are lame. It's not because I'm bias for being forced to transfer against my will during the last semester of my senior year and spending it labeled 'New Kid' because no one wants to waste time knowing you. Because, yeah, that's sh*tty but I hate people, so who cares? What really sucks is when you're shipped off to the cheap-o/crappy summer camp version.

So, yeah, that's me. It's a hoot.

-Shane, A Guide To Females

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 am
dhyan says...

I was born crying!!! Can you believe it? I don't know how i learn it? I guess i was gifted. Anyways, i learnt how to crawl quite quickly, only took 2 years. And in only a couple of years i was walking, then running. I grew up on earth. Was a experience that i don't think i'll forget until i die.

Oh, and i went school! Guess what i did there. I learned with fun and games :)

That my childhood. The rest you can see in my writing :)
Writing to change myself.

That will change the world.

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar