z

Young Writers Society

Most Meaningful Quotes

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:54 pm
Fan says...

When asked the question why he became a soldier, my character Kel replies,

"To be a part of that great force which will not back down in the protection of my homeland. We are soldiers of Draeg, and our defiance will shatter any would be conquerer. We will live and die at our emperor's command and when lesser men will look on us they will be awed by how we were stanch until the very end."

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:55 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

ئ twit ئ wrote:
wow, they have Scooby Doo in Raven's world? I didn't know that...

Well, she's from London originally, and she got through into the "paralell" type fantasy world that mirrors this one... Long story.

cool...is that posted on this site? i'd love to read it.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:01 pm
Twit says...

sunny wrote:cool...is that posted on this site? i'd love to read it.

:) Not properally.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:00 am
Shadeslayer says...

"I Should Have Complete Faith In My Own Existence, Because In Order To Be Deceived About Anything, I Must First Exist" by Jack Heath The Lab

Possibly one of THE best books ever.
The quote is basicaly a riddle to me, it is pretty easy to figure out but it does take a bit of thinking. and when you finally get it you will know how awesome that saying is.

or if your stubborn you will post "that is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard"

Well anyway
Happy collecting!

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:56 am
Icaruss says...

I've written the best exchange in my play, Graverobbers, about a half an hour ago:

JAMES: Go back to the car, and grab the guns, alright?

TYRESE: What for?

JAMES: Anal pleasure. Yeah, I like to stick guns up my ass now. It’s the new thing. All the cool boys are doing it. What the fuck do we use guns for? I wanna look menacing. Go bring the motherfuckers.

It's funny.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:55 pm
zer0 says...

"That seems such a self-evident thing - that I, that we, are alive - and yet too often, I fear, we easilly forget the importance of that simple fact. It is so easy to forget that you are truly alive, or at least, to appreciate that you are truly alive, that every sunrise is yours to view and every sunset is yours to enjoy. And all those hours in between, and all the hours after dusk, are yours to make of what you will. It is easy to miss the possiblity that every person who crosses your path can become an event and a memory, good or bad, to fill in the hours with experience instead of tedium, to break the monotony of the passing moments of life...For too long I struggled with the legacy of my dark past. For too long I struggled with the reality of my longevity, that I would likely die. What a fool I am to rue the end of his days without enjoying the days that he, that we, now have! What a fool I am to let the present slip into the past, while lamenting a potential and only potential future!"
------------from Sea of Swords by R.A. Salvatore (I forget which character said this..sorry..)

whenever im feeling overwhelmed, depressed, confused, etc...i read this and feel a little bit stronger. it felt as if the wind had been knocked out of me when i first read this. i always seem to forget to actually enjoy life instead of just trying to get by. i also tend to worry too much and am always thinking "what if this happens..what if that happnes..i have to be prepared.." when something good happens i immediately remind myself that good things never last and that i shouldnt be too overjoyed or become overly attached because the happier you start out the harder it will be at the end when everything ends. but i realized i was living very foolishly...and...idk...it just seems to state something so simple and obvious but its something that people, well maybe just me, forget in the busy world that we live in. and the thought that every moment that we are alive and awake is a possbility just seems to electrify me.

ah and all of qoutes were so awesome! i kept cracking up every few quotes. thanks. :lol:

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:40 pm
Twit says...

The Raven is under the table, at a very posh dinner:

I sniffed the air, smelling the dinner. Ew. In a suitable lull in the conversation going on above me, I poked my head up, the tablecloth folding over my hair like a bonnet. 'This tripe smells like navel fluff,' I announced.

There was a short, shocked silence. Then Charana pushed me back under the table and said in a rather strained voice, 'That's a lovely diamond you're weaing, Siaha. Where was it cut?'

Philosophically, I fiddled with the ends of the tablecloth. Well, it did.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:09 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Mrs. Everett (the receptionist, trying to figure out why Marc was sent to the office): "Who was it this time?"

Marc: "Mrs. Johansson said I was a walking fashion faux pas and should be shot."

Mrs. Everett raise an eyebrow. "She said that?"

"No, but I'm very good at reading between the lines."
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:56 pm
Twit says...

Lol, Sunny, I love the little of Marc's dialogue that I've managed to read on here. :lol: 8)

#TNT

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Fan says...

"Why don't you finish me off then? You've already stuck that spear in me, you might as well make sure I'm dead," spat Acacia. Spatters of blood hit the ground as she went into another violent baut of coughing.

"Who said I wanted you dead?" replied Black. She wiped the blade of her pear on Acacia and began to walk away.

"Don't play games with me Black, you piece of dreja!" shouted Acacia. Her head was beginning to feel light from the loss of blood. "Kill. That's all you do." Black stopped.

"Don't believe everythign you hear," she said. She glanced at Acacia over her shoulder. "And besides, if all I wanted was to kill, there'd be very few people left."

I love Black's last line.

241 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:26 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

TL G-Wooster wrote:Lol, Sunny, I love the little of Marc's dialogue that I've managed to read on here. :lol: 8)

lol, i kinda wish she and Raven were in the same story, just so I could see them go at it.

Oh, and I'll send you the prologue of Firebrand tonight. I'm at work right now lol.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:55 pm
Firestar says...

'I can't do this Sam.';

'I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.';

'What are we holding on to Sam?';

'That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.';

- Sam to Frodo, at Osgiliath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance.';

'Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.';

'I wish The Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had ever happened.';

'So do all who live to face such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.';

- Gandalf to Frodo, in the Mines of Moria
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:03 am
casey_kent says...

I have a lot of fave quotes. I even bought a book entitled: 14,000 Quips and Quotes for Writers and Speakers by E.C. Mckenzie. It is so cool. I just bought it for like $10.

Here are some of my fave quotes:

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn."

"Genius without education is like silver in the mine."

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain."

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you have forgotten how it goes."

"Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes."

"A friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

"A wise man is one who makes mistakes and then learns from them."

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

"It's not what you do, it's how you do it"- Alex (from Kid Nation)

"It doesn't matter how long you live, but how you live, and what you leave behind."

"Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed"

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."- Mark Twain

"I'm not crazy. My reality is just different than yours."

"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same"
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:21 pm
Gahks says...

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato.

Also see my sig. :)
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:04 pm
Twit says...

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind."

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

"Howsoever you may repair it, a rift is a rift."

"Hate the sin and not the sinner."

"A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave."

"Corruption ought not to be an inevitable product of democracy."

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not any man's greed."

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

-Mahatma Gandi

#TNT

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian