Most Meaningful Quotes

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:57 am
Twit says...

QEISAL: Where's your phoenix?
ROHSAIR: Um... I lost it?
QEISAL (shocked) : You lost your phoenix?

:lol: Out of context, it doesn't make much sense, but I still like it.

They know who they are from the moment their existance begins. They hold onto their name, for that is all they have that stays the same. ~Lahmud's Book of Assorted Knowledge. (Think of an encyclopedia)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:35 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

"I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. I just bent down and covered his mouth with mine, to prevent all the embarrassingly sappy words from bursting out of me." ~Marc

i just love this line from my story. it's just so satisfying lol.
Last edited by lyrical_sunshine on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:17 am
Icaruss says...

This is probably my favourite thing I've written. After going through some of the worst weeks of his life, John Mills talks to (or imagines talking to, you can interpret it both ways) his ex-wife. They talk a bit. John Mills tells her about how he gets drunk sometimes, and thinks about killing himself. She seems upset, tells him he can talk to her. He says that he doesn't want to sit through dinner with her asshole husband, and punk step-kids. She stands up, and--

“You know what your problem is, John?” she asks him, poignant. John doesn’t. “You never let anybody change things. You act like you’re sad about the way things are, but can’t bring yourself to make a change, because you love it so much. You like being sad. You like being alone, because that’s the way you do your job the best. And you love it so much. So, you stay that way and feel completely… miserable all of the time.”
John sighs:
I don’t think that’s my major malfunction.”

I just like it. It just shows how John doesn't really want to stand up to his problems. What she said is true, and he's confirming it by saying that, yet doesn't really understand what she's talking about. Beautiful. I love that story. Probably the best thing I've written, ever.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:00 pm
Twit says...

John Mills??
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:50 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Okay. So far, this is my favorite...monologue I suppose?...that my main character, Kaliyah, has said. This takes place in chapter two. In chapter one, she found out that the brother she thought died a year ago is actually alive. This monologue takes place when he and the other Alaycian outcasts are trying to explain things to her. I'm giving what Erabus, her brother, said to her that prompted her in to saying the monologue in the first place.

“Liyah? Come on . . . tell me what you’re thinking. I know this is a lot for you to take in. Believe me, it wasn’t easy for me either . . . “ Erabus said.

Kaliyah looked up at him, a firey anger appearing in her eyes, and stood to her full height, turning to look at him. “No, Erabus. You don’t know. I just found out that my brother is back from the dead, and now you’re telling me that our father is some descendant of an ancient race that got itself killed off, and you expect everything to be okay, for me to talk to you like nothing has happened?” She dropped her hands to her sides, turning to look at him. She raised one hand up and poked him hard in the chest. “You hurt me, Erabus. I looked up to you for everything. When you disappeared, things changed at home. Father became stricter, about my clothing, about my practicing archery; Mother became more worried about me being killed like you had been . . . and all the while, I was hurting inside because my big brother had been there one day, and disappeared the next without a single word to me. All that time, I thought I had said or done something to make you leave. But I couldn’t tell them, because all it would do is make them try to confine me to the house, and I couldn’t handle that. I just couldn’t.”

I love it because it's the first time she really shows any emotion to anyone, because she's not one that does that very often. She tries to act tough, because her brothers are tough and she tries to be a tomboy a lot of the time. It's where she really shows her brother how angry and hurt she is about the fact that he left without saying a word to her.

115 Reviews

Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:52 pm
Icaruss says...

ShadowTwit wrote:John Mills??

Detective John Mills.
Last edited by Icaruss on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:11 pm
Firestarter says...

“I don’t think that’s my major malfunction.”

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?

(Full Metal Jacket)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

115 Reviews

Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:26 pm
Icaruss says...

Firestarter wrote:What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?

Exactly.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:07 pm
Teufelshund says...

Here are some of my favorites:

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'guilty'."
-Theodore Roosevelt

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt

"In GOD I trust...everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!"
-Anonymous

"And finally, you might want to write this one down: Never slap a grown man who has a mouth full of chewing tobacco”
-Col. Mike Lowe, USMC
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:09 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

"You should have died! Died as we would have for you!"- Sirius Black in Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. I'm not sure if those are the EXACT words but it's close. I love Sirius and that quote has always stuck by me for some reason. Probably because it's true. I would die for my friends.

Also, "That's why you're not in the Order! There are things worth dying for!"- Again by Sirus Black in Order of the Pheonix by J.K. Rowling. It's true. There ARE things worth dying for. Just look at the American Soldiers for proof of that.

241 Reviews

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:35 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc's favorite quote:
"That which doesn't kill me will only make me stronger."

Jake's favorite quote:
"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." ~Thomas Jefferson

Nessie's favorite quote:
"While there's life, there's hope." ~Cicero

Kylee's favorite quote:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." ~Albert Einstein

Dax's favorite quote:
"Strength isn't about how much political power you pull, or who your family is or what you do for a living. It's about having the courage to stand up and say 'I choose to be weak so that I can be more powerful than you." ~Dax
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:47 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

"When the mirror is shattered, scattered on the ground, new life is reflected all around."
~Shula

and

"Who would like to be ordinary? For ordinary folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."
~The Scarecrow...it's not the exact quote, but I love it anyway.
ohmeohmy

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:31 pm
Twit says...

The Raven and Nightpad have just run into two of their enemies. I'm still not sure of the context, but it'll get its place.

There was tiny pause, while we stared at each other.

'Well,' I said brightly. 'Just give me a minute to think of an appropriate phrase. "Scram"? Nah. "Drop whatever you're doing and scarper"? It has a certain ring, but...'

They came back to their senses and grimly advanced. We backed away until we were against the opposite wall. I measured the distance to the exit.

'No, wait I've got it!' I exclaimed. '"Zoinks! Like, let's run for it, Scoob!"' Nightpad and I bolted for the door.

I dislike being compared to a Great Dane who likes crackers and pizza, Nightpad complained as we ran.

Consider it a compliment. Scooby-Doo is loved the world over.

How is that a compliment?

To clarify, Nightpad is a wolf. :roll:

#TNT

241 Reviews

Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:12 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

wow, they have Scooby Doo in Raven's world? I didn't know that...

yay for wolves.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:20 pm
Twit says...

wow, they have Scooby Doo in Raven's world? I didn't know that...

Well, she's from London originally, and she got through into the "paralell" type fantasy world that mirrors this one... Long story.

#TNT

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl