z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy plot/character/etc bunnies

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:42 am
AWritersFantasy says...

This is something that a thread at the NaNo boards inspired me to do kinda. What they have over there is a fantasy plot bunny thread. So I figured I'd do the same thing (if it's not in the right section, feel free to move it or whatever). I'm going to add my own twist to it.

Instead of JUST plot bunnies, you can come up with:

-Plots
    -Opening lines
    -Character ideas
    -Creature ideas
    -Land/places ideas
    -Titles (and the plots that could go along with them)
    -Anything else you can think of

What I'm specifically looking for is stuff that isn't "too out there." Meaning...keep it in the realm of medieval/fantasy without making the ideas too crazy (like...I dunno. There are some really out there ideas that people've posted at the thread at the NaNo boards that I personally wouldn't use).

Notes:
The ideas you give should be:
-Ones that you don't mind letting other people possibly use in their own writing
-Ones that you don't plan on using any time soon/at all
-Ones that you don't mind seeing what other people can do with them

I guess by "out there" I mean..."two brothers who are complete opposites of each other have to face each other in the ultimate battle" vs..."things were fine in the kingdom of Treyu until one day an alien space ship landed and people with swords of light came walking out."

Have fun. :D

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:58 pm
Twit says...

What's a plot bunny? :oops: I've heard of plot hedgehogs, but I don't know what they are either. Can you have a plot anything? Plot guinea-pig? Plot cactus? Or should that be POT cactus? :?

-ST
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:00 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

o_O It's basically just like...random plot ideas that people give to use for stories. I suppose it could be another animal, but for whatever reason it's plot bunnies. o.o

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:17 pm
Meep says...

(I, too, have almost always seen "bunnies." Often with reference to the killer rabit in Monty Python: the ideas latch on and don't let go until a) you write them, or b) they kill you dead.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson