z

Young Writers Society

Character Scenarios

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:10 am
Dream Deep says...

I'm going to assume, perhaps unwisely, that this hasn't been done yet. Please bear with me, Mods, if it has. ^_~

So this is how it works: one person will post a picture/painting/image including two or more characters. The next person will speculate on the relationship of these two (or more) characters, what occurred just before the snapshot, what is occurring at the moment and what will occur next. They can keep it brief, of course, and may extend their explanation to any genre they wish. At which point they post another character-oriented pic and so on.

Yes - I know that wasn't lucid at all, but it's the thought that counts. ^_^ It's a good exercise for building your cast and deepening your characterization.

So. The first pic.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:19 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

They're chasing bigfoot :lol:
Sorry, no piccies, but I just had to say that.:lol:
ohmeohmy

504 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:21 am
Dream Deep says...

XD This is going to be an interesting game, I can tell. *head/desk* Though I admit I didn't think of Bigfoot when I was looking for a pic.

*scrutinzes pic*

Scary thing is, it's entirely plausible? Heh...

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:22 am
Emerson says...

[Are we supposed to be writing ministories? I think not...]

They seem like two children, a brother and a sister. I'll go dark, and say Hansel and Gretel abandoned by their parents because they hadn't the money to pay for the children's food. They're obviously running away, and are hoping to find shelter somewhere. To go away from Hansel and Gretel, the brother and sister are named Paul and Pellia. They take residence near a stream, in a beautiful field. I'll go a bit darker. Since Paul and Pellia grew up on their own, and always by themselves, they fell in love and *censored for consideration of everyone else*. They still live near the stream, in a nice shack that Paul build for Pellia under a tree. They have no children of their own.

[*giggles* Dreamy, can you guess what that is from?]
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

504 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:29 am
Dream Deep says...

For some reason that explanation felt very 'Flowers in the Attic'. But it was good - and no, no ministories, just the concept.

--

I'm scared to guess. The symbol at the bottom looks eerily familiar. ^_^ But I've got no speculation... seriously, the robes give me pause. Right. Two Jedi knights have been stranded in the middle of Tibet near the outskirts of modern Lhasa and in an attempt to mingle with the monks they've shaved their heads - the womens' coats give them away as Americans and moderners, so their brilliant plan ends up being foiled and they are ousted as Jedi... (or Germans?) XD Yes, I told you I had nothing. And I've for not the slightest clue as to where it's from, I'm afraid to guess. Enlighten me? ^_~

EDIT: My intel gleaned from our IM conversation... Rosenrot? Seriously? Oh that's just too good. The music video has to be ridiculous. I've got to watch it. ^_^

--

Last edited by Dream Deep on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

2058 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:36 am
Emerson says...

Complete strangers. The man is ignorant of the woman, and the woman seems oddly infatuated with the man. The man reminds her of someone she once knew, a lost love? They're waiting for a bus. As the bus comes by, he gets on, but she does not. She's scared of their paths crossing ever again. What might it mean?

EDIT:
Now it's a link...maybe it will work?
http://www.tinypineapple.com/archives/2 ... _girls.jpg
Last edited by Emerson on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:41 am
chocolatechipmuffin says...

(Your piccy isn't showing up for me. Can anyone else see it?)
"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky."
~Solomon Short

"We are all of us living in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~Oscar Wilde

2058 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:50 am
Emerson says...

I'm not sure why it wasn't showing, dreamy couldn't see it either. Now it's a link. Hope it fixed.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:47 am
Alteran says...

The wedding is finally over. The litle girls Are fakeing their freindship as they had a fight over who had the most flowers in their baskets. They are friends again within an hour since they forgot why they had a fight.
Children....Good greif.

I dont have many good pics. So please dont hate me.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:52 am
gyrfalcon says...

The old man has been the younger one's teacher for some time, and not a very nice teacher. A very good teacher, however, he has successfully taught the boy everything he knows--mostly about fighting. You see, he was eager to get all his knowledge into a pupil since he himself is in quite failing health. Now our fine young man has decided to get even. Need I go on?

>>ARGGG!!! Pic not loading....<<
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie