z

Young Writers Society

Magic Spells

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:43 am
Dynamo says...

Magic is always fun to write about in stories. I especially like doom spells. Of course, sometimes it's hard to come up with good magic spells. That's why I want to hear some of the magic spells you've created for your stories or whatever you've got in mind for future stories.

I'll got first to give you some examples of what I'm talking about. Note that I have not thought up adequate names for them.

The Meteor Spell: This spell is used to pull an object from space and drop it on your enemy from thousands of feet above. After entering the Earth's atmosphere the object catches on fire. Many times this has lead people to believe that this is a type of fire spell. That is not true, this spell does not fall under any categories of elemental magic, it is considered a type of gravity magic because it moves an object from space.

The Atomic Spell: Much like the well known Ultima spell from Final Fantasy, this spell is considered to be the most powerful, not to mention dangerous, spell in the world. All who have tried this spell have been vaporized by the explosion's energy. The spell works by focusing all of ones willpower into a single atom and splitting it in half. This then creates an explosion with enough power to level a mountain. The only drawback to this spell is that because you have to focus your willpower into something so small that it is almost non-existent there is no way you can cast this spell from a safe distance, one would have to focus his power into something that small from hundreds of miles away. There have been theories that if the atom were to only be cracked in half and not completely split in two this spell could then be used as a beam instead of an explosion. But then all that power would be concentrated into something smaller than an explosion and would therefore be ten times as powerful. This has never been tried for fear of the devastation it would cause. Think of a giant beam that is so powerful that if it is aimed at the ground it will destroy the entire planet, but if it were to be aimed into the sky it would rip a giant hole in the ozone layer, pierce through the moon causing it to explode, and would keep on going until it runs out of energy after it passes Mars. The planet would still be destroyed, only slower this time.

Now you can see while I love doom spells so much. :twisted:

So, what are your ideas of magic spells? Remember, they don't have to be as destructive as mine. Nothing can ever top the destructive powa of the almighty Ultima spell, mwahahahaha!
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:05 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Incompatible Trigram- if a rune is used, a small explosion occurs and a beam of strong combined Trigram, human and an incompatible Trigram energy is thrown in a proferred direction.

Elemental Transportation: Water Style: the person performing the magic, if near a source of water, sinks into the water and re-surfaces from another source of water.

Time and Space Weaving Technique: user uses special ruins to create a curtain of the Eternity Hallway, cutting a hole in the Time/Space continual fabric and tying the ends together to stop warps.

Lightning Strike- user warps lightning around sword and charges. Mostly used with water spells to maximize lightning damage.

((Most of these are to my alchemy story. No, I'm not putting it up))
ohmeohmy

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:39 am
Fan says...

Cyclone- Traditionally an air based spell. Creates a cyclone of varying power dependng on the user. Can be melded with other aspects. Use of hands is required and the only medium it can be channeled through is word.

Duplication- Can be based on any aspect. Creates several duplicates of target, including the caster themselves. They can be illusionary or physical, but a strong hit to the caster can dispel it. A master of this spell can use it to keep a combination running almost infinitely.

Eldric swords- Ghosts constructed of pure magic that move at the casters will. Can be based on any aspect. They wound internally, leaving no physical wounds. However, they require lots of energy.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:39 pm
darchoco says...

fire time :twisted: !!!

explosion- the well known usage of fire, is a concentrated burst of flaming enregy that is released in a small area, causing a rather large destructive force.

flame pillar: fire pushed up from the ground in a certain area, contained, good for single enemies, not groups.

fireball-the classic cliche of fire, the fire ball is pretty much a mall of flame hurled at the enemy at ocerwhelming speeds. However, being able to use it in controlled bursts still make it a very nice blast despite the overusage.

flame shield- very experienced magic. one uses fire to create a barrier around the skin that does not burn it but burns anything that tries to come in contact with it, such as swords and arrows. If used incorrectly, person gets burned.

fire blast- unconcentrated, full-power blast, A large blast of burning flames thrown in one direction for maximum damage.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:05 pm
View Likes
BellaLuna says...

These are spells (well, actually, more like attacks) that I've created for my Sailor Moon fanfiction.

Moonlight Luminescence- Temporarily blinds the enemy, giving the Sailor Soldiers time to regroup and attack

Moonlight Prism Shatter- Bright, sparkling orb of energy entraps the enemy and then shatters into dust, thus destroying the enemy

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:43 am
Shadeslayer says...

well, i will tell you how i make my spells...

eg. esday oytray means destroy
or you could write it estroyday lol

it is a language called pig latin (igpay atinlay)
you put the first letter of every word to the end of the word then add ay for example my fart stinks is ymay artfay inkstay lol it is easy i learnt it in 5minutes
anyway sorry for babbling

illkay is a killing spell
owlersflay makes flowers appear lolz random spell
I Should Have Complete Faith In My Own Existence, Because In Order To Be Decieved About Anything, I Must First Exist

Got YWS?
Go The Dragons!

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:39 am
GingerLizzy says...

I'm not about to suggest a spell, more of a method I suppose.

Don't just use plain english or description to show that magic is taking place. Use actions but also use a different language. Latin is a good one for it, or greek.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:31 am
YoungWriterGeek says...

The language i am going to use is Latin, as this is a popular language for spells and i like it :P

Attero is res- Translation it means destroy this object.

Here is the website i used to translate
http://www.stars21.com/translator/english_to_latin.html
Horace the Dragon RULEZ!
Epic Movie Rox My Sox
AH! you shot me in the f****** eye! Ah! why would you do that, that was completly unessary!
That really Hurts!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:26 pm
View Likes
Lancrist says...

Well my favourite spell is the gender bender...

Jokes.

I have used a spell in one of my stories that was a barely detectable (say, by other magic-users) assassination technique where the target's metabolism was sped up to the point where, in spite of his eating, he died in several hours.

I had another character who could teleport, but the spell/magic/whatever it actually was only worked when the character was unseen. Therefore none of the other characters could ever actually conclude if he could really do it.

I usually don't go for huge, all-powerful spells, I prefer them to be a small aid rather than panacea.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:01 pm
mangfreak91 says...

Well a favorite spell of mine

The Killing Curse - the name says it all
Phillip Charles Peterson (PCP)

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:10 am
casey_kent says...

this is a spell for reincarnation.

Per lunam et mare. Redi e aquae sublatus sunt.

Just for fun. I love Latin!
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:44 am
mikedb1492 says...

I don't feel like taking the time to look up other languages for spell names, so I'm just going to describe them.

1: This is a spell that starts out as a basic control of water, but when mastered it can be used to suck the water out of living beings, such as humans. It will dry the body to a corpse.

2: This spell can control air. When mastered you can expand the air in certain places for them to explode. For example, someone's lungs after a full breath.

3: You know how the air around you pushes on you at a constant pressure at all times so you don't feel it? Well this spell cancels it out on one side or even increases it. For example, you could get rid of the pressure on an enemy's right side so that he'll stumble that way. Or, you could increase the pressure coming from above so it crushes your enemy.

4: This spell can rip something apart molecule by molecule. It's kind of like what The Phoenix did to Xavier in X Men 3 The Last Stand.

That's all I got.
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:13 pm
idle muse says...

Time freeze - everything stops except for you. Other people can be 'woken' in this state if you mentally concentrate on it. The ultimate weapon. :)

Maybe we're all just complex human beings with skewed perceptions of each other.
— Ventomology