z

Young Writers Society

Speedwriting

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:25 pm
chuff88 says...

This may get an awful response. But basically, this:

You have 2 minutes (time yourself) to write as much as you can, coherently, on the subject given at the end of the post above yours. It can be in any form you like

Rules:

1)No pre-prepared. I feel mean for even suggesting anyone would do it, but it makes it more fun

2)Try not to be random

3)No obscenity, plz. Anyone can speedwrite smut.

Right...for the first person to seize the gauntlet, your topic is:

(Duh duh-duh)

Jim, the talking parrot, and his tragic death in the fire station.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:42 pm
Ofour says...

Jim, the talking parrot, tried not to blink as the burning balls of rotting wood cascaded onto his head. He tried to inhale, but choked horribly on the burning ash. In his last moments his life flashed before his eyes in a carefully arranged montage with sad music. He could see his father, nicknamed Shut Up Sam, and his mother, Non-Stop Nancy. He would leave them childless. Oh well, he thought, might as well go out with a bang. He hurtled desperately through the burning wreckage but was never seen again.

Next topic: An elephant has a bad case of the 'flu, and converts on his death bed
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:52 pm
IlluminatedManuscript says...

Flatfoot sneezed violently, an action that is always made considerably worse when one has a trunk. He gazed into the eyes of the giraffe doctor looming over him. Here, far from his home and in desperate need of a tissue, he realized had learned to embrace this new, strange but welcoming lifestyle. "Alright, send in the pastor." He said huskily. "I'll convert to Mormanism."

Question: What? Answer: I don't know.

Next topic: Johnny discovers a whole new danger to imbibing excessive amounts of energy drinks.

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:04 pm
McMourning says...

Drats! I didn't get anywhere in my story.Basically, I was planning that she drinks a bunch of Gatorade to up her game, and ends up ill the next morning:

Have you ever felt really sick to your stomach? Well, I have, that day after my worst track meet EVER! My coach was yelling her head off, “Joan! Joan! Get you’re head in the game! This isn’t a walk and talk, this is a competition!” It really doesn’t help matters any that she pays no attention to my name.

Topic: Shawna, a ballerina, wants to try out for track, but no one is taking her seriously.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:07 am
Meep says...

"Oh, come on. I can to!" Shawna insisted, hands on her hips.
"You're a ballerina," Nate taunted her. "Ballet isn't a sport! I bet you can't even run a mile!"
"I can to!" Shawna said again. "How's this, Nate-y boy," she knew he hated when people called him that, but they did anyway. "We switch. You do ballet for a month, and I'll do track. We'll see who can't do it."
"Fine," Nate said. He was too much of a man to back down, that's what he told himself. That's why he accepted the challenge. Ballet was girl stuff, he could do it.
"Fine," said Shawna. "Fine, let's do it. One month."

"My feet hurt," Nate announced, collapsing onto the chair.
"You're only getting started," Shawna laughed.

---
topic: a little girl can't find her favorite doll.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:21 am
dittylicious says...

"Mommy, have you seen my Malibu Kimmy???" a frantic Jenny screams down the stairs.

"No, honey, I haven't seen it since last week!!" Her mother shouts back up in reply

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Jenny, I'm positive. Did you look where you last left her like I told you to?"

"Ugh, Mom, if I knew where I left it last I wouldn't be in this problem! This is so bad, Mom! I was going to take Kimmy to class for show-and-tell today!"

"Well, Jenny, you'll just have to bring something else. I'm sure anything will do. It's only show-and-tell."

She just didn't get it, did she? Show-and-tell was your chance to prove to the kids at school that you had the latest toys, the coolest gadgets. Kimmy was this, and without her, she was toast.

A dinosaur travels forwards in time to the present
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:35 am
Lancrist says...

Using a time traveling machine left there by a man from the future who was eaten by other dinosaurs, a dinosaur travelled to the present, although that term is obviously a point of opinion because for the dinosaur, the point in time he just left would have been the present, although being an unintelligible animal, he would not have known this.
Instead, having appeared in what is now New York by some unfortunate circumstance, the dinosaur, which just happened to be a hungry tyrannosaurus rex, rampaged and ate as many people as it could possibly stuff in down its fanged maw. This resulted in mass panic and hysteria and a large portion of New York city was evacuated, and the National Guard were called in to solve the problem.

Oh, damn, that's as far as I got. :(

Dur...

Next subject: the golden-eyed woman.

210 Reviews

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:29 pm
Meep says...

How mysterious. He'd never seen a girl with golden eyes before. He'd heard of eyes they called golden, but they were invariably hazel. Not this girl - or would she be a woman? he'd never payed much attention to girls and women, and wasn't sure where the line was drawn between one and the other.
She was wonderful, he thought. He'd never thought that about anyone but himself, but there she was with her long black hair and golden eyes. She looked up, she must have felt him staring, and their eyes met.
Her mouth made a perfect O when she saw him. He was wonderful, she thought. She'd never thought that about anyone but herself, but there he was with his long black hair and golden eyes.

next topic: learning to ride a bike

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:33 pm
Myth says...

"Stop pushing me!"

Paron let go of her and Aethel crashed to the floor, rattling metal echoing throughout the level.

"Aren't you going to wear saftey—"

"Shouldn't you be fixing something somewhere?" She picked herself up, glaring from Gimus to Paron. They both left.

"Seems to me someone's changed," Gimus said.

Aethel made a rude sign, kicking the bike.

.:

Next topic: A black silk dress.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Reviews: 2
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:40 am
dittylicious says...

My black silk dress allows me to do whatever I want. It is a sign of my liberation, of my womanhood. My black silk dress helps define me as confident, sexy, a woman who knows where she's going in life.

My black silk dress defies marks from all deodorants. It is a magic dress. When men's eyes fall upon it, they fall instantly in love with me.

Do not be jealous of my black silk dress. All women have an item like this. It is their item of power. It is what makes them feel most alive. When they wear it, they believe that they can conquer anything, and it is because they can.

I wear my black silk dress anytime I'm feeling a little less than powerful. A little less than perfect. A little less than in control. It is my tool, my secret weapon. I put it on, and I am invincible. No man, woman, or thing on earth can challenge me or defy me. I am the ultimate me.

Topic: The adventures of a flying pig!! (in honor of the AWESOME background)
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:52 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

No! Why did this have to happen and on today of all days? Rina never wanted to have to deal with a plague of flying pigs. Not at all!

In fact, the spell she'd pronounced was specifically meant to procure flying FIGS. Apparently she needed to work on her speaking patterns since the airborne swine were currently squealing and slamming into her white washed walls of her Spanish villa.

Oh the pain of it all, she'd just gotten her house cleaned the other day in preparation for her magic class that afternoon. She huffed as one particularly affectionate animal floated by and nuzzled her cheek with his nose.

She grumbled before panicking at the sound of her doorbell ringing. Oh what was she going to do? If her comrades found out...oh darn. A pig squealed. Too late.

Topic: Blinded by light.
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:13 pm
Myth says...

Blinded by light, she squinted, tears welling up.

"Hello?" she called out.

Moments later she heard the scuffling of boots, the girl laughing.

"I need water,"

"Oh?"

Mocking girl. False girl.

"He wants me alive, that's for sure. You won't be so smug when he finds me dying."

The girl's grin widened. "I knew you weren't stupid. He always said you were."

A machine whirred, placing glass-filled water in front of Aethel. She crawled towards it, watching the girl. Drops she spilt made tracks down her throat, cooling the sweaty skin.

"When are you going to tell me what I want?"

This time Aethel laughed.

.:

Topic: Silver disk.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:16 pm
Lilyy03 says...

"What on earth is it?" whispered Felicity.

"I actually haven't the faintest idea," said Silas. "I suppose it could be some sort of vehicle?"

Felicity took a faltering step towards the wide, flat, circular object. It was silver, and it gave off a faint sheen in the dark room.

"Wait," said Silas. He moved his hand as if to hold her back. "We don't know it's safe."

"I don't care if it is or not!" Felicity said, startling herself. "This must be what they were trying to tell us about."

"What did they say I was?" said a wispy female voice. It came from the disk.

Next topic: A philosophical grasshopper

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:30 am
Via says...

There once was a philosophical grasshopper. He often hopped around the grass telling all the ladybugs things he had no idea about--he thought he was the grasshopper reincarnation of Rafiki. In fact, it was normal to hear "asante sana squash banana" in the chirps of the lawn at night if one were verrrrry quiet. Of course, no one told the grasshopper that this really meant 'thank you very much squash banana' and not 'i am a baboon and you are not'. One day, the philosophical grasshopper was meditating *time*

Haha, that was kind of fun.

Next Topic: A broken camera.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

210 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:06 pm
Meep says...

This was something she wanted to remember for the rest of her life. Squeezing in close to him, she held the camera above them at an angle for the classic emo love scene shot. She pushed down on the button and ... nothing happened.
"What the hell?" she whined.
They leaned over it together, poking and prodding. There was a sudden flash! and they both leaned back, blinking.
The polaroid developed quickly. Neither of them could stop laughing.
"Amazing," she said.
"The best," he agreed.
It was impossible to tell if they were talking about the photo or each other.

next topic: a black lace bra

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington