Young Writers Society

In The Picture

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:15 am
Myth says...

"How do I look?"

"Nice."

"Toy, don't ever use that horrid word." Aethel checked the hand-glass, making a face at the gynoid behind her. "I look exactly like you now," she said.

"How long are you surfacing?"

"Don't know."

"Good luck?"

Aethel grunted, taking up the robotic way her automatons moved.

.:

Scenario: If your character(s) were to stalk someone, how would they keep themself(selves) hidden?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:13 am
Alteran says...

Colin crept slowly. His water barrier refracted the light around him but he was still solid. and the water was still wet. If anyone bumped into him his cover would be blown.

Scenario: A portal has opened to another dimension. Does your character(s) go through?
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:18 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

"Do I really have to go in?" Warrior asked, glancing over her shoulder to the young strawberry blond behind her.

"Duh! We fates can't take care of everything!"

"Fine. But I swear if I'm dead in this alternate dimension or knocked up, I'm going to punch something."

Scenario: Your character has just been turned into an inanimate object. What do they do?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

647 Reviews

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:42 am
View Likes
Alteran says...

Colin fell to the ground as a book. The witch picked him and laughed.

"I defeated the Wielder!" The book flipped open, the pages sliced like knives. Hundreds of shallow paper cuts sliced the Witches hands.

Scenario: Your Character has been arrested. What were they arrested for and what are they going to do now?

Reviews: 2
Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:13 am
molly9009rae says...

This is the erspective of Ellee, From my story Believe that will be posted really soon.

The woman put the hand cuffs on me and started telling me my rights. Maybe I shouldnt have killed him. Though, Its not like many people are going to miss a man like that. After all- he did cheat on me.
So, who could I call to get me out of this? Hmmm.... Beau.
I dialed his Cell phone number and waited for him to answer.
"Hey, baby brother...."

Scenario-
Your character has been stranded on a deserted road on a dark night. How did they get there? And how are they going to get out?

72 Reviews

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:41 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

"I TOLD YOU HE WASN'T GOING TO HELP US!" Ian yelled, glowering at the ex-royal whose back was currently turned to him. "Dammit, we never should've left the kingdom. Look at the mess we're in!"

"If we HADN'T left the kingdom I'd be thrown into an insane asylum by my actually insane mother and you would likely be hung or burned at the stake if the more barbaric men of my royal council decided your fate. Now be quiet, I'm trying to think."

"That's rich coming from you." A pair of irritated hazel eyes turned to glower at the bitching commoner.

"Ian, all the riches in the world ARE coming from me. So shut up and sit down." Grumbling, the young man obeyed as Leo paced the pavement.

"Well...there's always Fern. She might give us a ride."

"As if we could get a hold of her. She's likely drunk and unconscious by this time anyway."

"Fine then. We walk."

Ian groaned.

Scenario: Your character has just been charged with murder. Are they guilty or innocent? And how do they talk themselves out of this predicament?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:56 pm
Myth says...

"Murder? Paron, I told you it wasn't me!"

"But I didn't—"

"Forget it. Now we're going to have to wipe more memories than before. Get the machine." Hands on hips, she paced, boots stamping against metal floor.

"Who told them? Someone here is a snitch."

There were only two 'matons she suspected: Gimus and Toy.

"I'll shut them down, that's what I'll do!"

.:

Scenario: Your character is in hospital. Why is he/she there?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:57 pm
Emerson says...

I laid in the hospital bed, strapped down but healthy.

They had shot me. They shot me because they had finally found me. Those damn police finally found me and they shot me.

I would have rather died.
---

Scenario: Your character just witnessed a brutal crime [of your choice] outside of a bar. What does he/she do?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

72 Reviews

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:34 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Ian stared feeling rather nauseous. Though that was likely a cause of the numerous mugs of ale. He stared at the battered body of the victim and frowned.

Stupid hallucinations. Ian meandered off far too drunk to care.

Scenario: Your character currently has a madman threatening to peel off their skin with a butterknife. What do they do?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

2058 Reviews

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:09 pm
Emerson says...

"You want to peel my f*cking skin off with a butterknife? You're out of your mind, I'll shoot you before you do that!" I said, lunging at the guy and stabbing him in the gut.

He was just a crazy bum, anyway.

Scenario: You just accidentally drank a beer with a date-rape drug that you had dropped into it. It was supposed to be for the girl but you were too drunk to notice which glass it was being dropped into. How do you explain to the girl why you're about to pass out?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

647 Reviews

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:37 am
Alteran says...

The music was echoing through Colin's head. Thoughts jumbled and unclear.

Wha..uh....eeeeg.....

"Colin, What is the matter with you?" Asked Rebecca. Her voice slurred through Colin's mind.

"I'm juust a whittle...." he squinted his eyes and made a terrible baby voice, "Durunk."

"Well, I'll just have to get you back to my place."

Wha...du...yo...knuw....Shed were a whores any.... Colin collpased to the ground.

Scenario: Your Character is being mugged at gun-point, what ever do they do?

72 Reviews

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:53 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Leo blinked at the steel shaft being pushed into his chest. His green eyes met the man behind the ski mask and he frowned.

"Ian I know it's you."

The gunman frowned beneath his mask and grudgingly gave Leo his ivory cane and silk top hat back.

"Thank you. Now c'mon, that Hallows Even party isn't going to wait for us to get there."

Scenario: Your character can only speak in Russian, what do they do?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

2058 Reviews

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:50 pm
Emerson says...

[This is too funny, Lev is Russian!]

"Вы говорите на русском языке?" Lev asked.

or...

"Vy govorite na russkom yazyke?" Lev asked.

Scenario: Your character can only speak in sign language, and in is a room full of blind people. How does he/she communicate? (He/she can't speak.)

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 pm
IlluminatedManuscript says...

((Oddly enough, Chris is already mute.))

She sat in discomfort for a moment, checked her watch, and sighed. At least she could have fun while they were all stuck here. She took the hands of the people next to them, and carefully rested each of their hands on the ones next to them. They soon got the message, and began linking hands. "I'm not sure why," the elderly blind woman next to her said to the room at large, "But we seem to be making a circle."

She nodded, not that they could see it, then she slapped the woman's left hand with her own. That woman slapped the next person's hand, and it passed around the circle. Soon one man remembered the playground rhyme, and they all began singing it.

All except Chris, of course. But she was having fun nonetheless.

Next Scenario: Your character wakes up buried in a coffin, with perhaps an hours' supply of air left.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:34 am
Poor Imp says...

Too dark, Tov decided, for the drains off Nurya. Too dry.

He shifted experimentally, and hit his head. What in Hell was smaller than Nurya's shutes or the res. flat hallways?

He decided he didn't want to think about that. Remembering what had happened the night before might have helped though...

--

Scenario: Your character has a broken ankle. Why - and what are they doing to get around?

[Oy, Clau...is Lev trying to ask if you speak in the Russian language? V'i govarite pa-ruskee? ]
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Bananas
— looseleaf