z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:28 pm
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

Hm, well at first I thought it was a James Bond fanfic, but then I saw the "my" in front of it, so then I'd think it was some historical fiction...I think it'd really depend on the cover art, too. :)

Steelfire
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:33 am
SnapesOnAPlane says...

Sounds like the title to a fantasy novel, with a male protagonist.

Naked Night
But whether James really did take off Snape's pants, Harry never found out.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:45 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

A romance. I will not say anything more because, *cough* yeah.

Cat Steps
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:51 am
View Likes
mikedb1492 says...

Well, with that title I immediately think this will appeal more to girls than anybody else. If I had to guess its plot, I would say something along the lines of a girl tentatively moving forward in life through whatever challenges come her way. I figure it's going to take place in modern times and not in some fanciful world. Not fantasy or sci fi. Just normal.
Overall the title is curious at the very least, and I would definitely take it from a shelf simply to see what its about. In other words, pretty good.

And mine is:

Welcome to Eden
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:53 pm
View Likes
Wariofart says...

I'd guess it was about a modern day person who is sent to the garden of Eden. Or maybe a re-imaging of the classic tale of the garden of Eden. It gets my attention at least.

Crashing Down
"This is a song for a scribbled out name
That my love keeps writing again and again
And again"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:13 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

A teen fiction story about a teenager whose life goes skewiff. It doesn't really say that much, other that something bad'll happen. It's not that interesting, and I probably wouldn't pick it up.

Wolfsbane, Mustard-Seed and Silver
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 pm
Sins says...

I've actually already read the first chapter, which was very good, so I'll base it on my first impressions when I first saw it. To me, it sounds like a pretty good one. I would have no idea what it's about though... I would guess that it's something in the fantasy genre though. I do think that you could come up with a better one though, especially considering I have an idea what it's about. :wink:

Mine...

Can You See Me?
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:46 am
iceprincess says...

Well, it definitely catches my attention! I'd guess it's about a blind person or an invisible person, and I'd probably read it.

A Perfect Cup of Cappucino
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:34 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

It makes me think of the main character going through everyday life with those little petty problems that keep popping up. It also could be a romance novel about a guy/girl that meets a guy/girl at a coffee shop.

Pastel Butterflies
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:42 pm
View Likes
Lilicia says...

From that, I gather that the main character is a girl, and that, to escape a terrible situation, she relies on little things to make her happy.That's how I see it anyway...

The Decider
“Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.”

~Hans Christan Andersen

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:25 pm
View Likes
FashionistState says...

Hmm...it's a very broad title. Perhaps a main character's job is to decide the fate of all that live. Or maybe they're a judge in a law court, if it's less fantasy-based.

My Sweet Insanity
(Yes, it's a Dog Fashion Disco lyric. Ignore that for now xP)
... Unless it's a farm.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:53 pm
ultraviolet says...

I'd say it's about a girl who's always been a bit different. People in her life make fun of her and no one truly understands her. Perhaps she tries to be normal for a while, but in the end realizes that being different is a good thing and no longer strives for normality.

Though, this is simply a poor guess. The title itself lends enough curiosity and open-ended-ness that I would pick it up and look at it.

The Ringbearers
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm
View Likes
Jetpack says...

It makes me think irrevocably of Lord of the Rings fanfic, but I'd assume it's fantasy and about some magical rings. Unfortunately, that's mainly because that's what LOTR is about. xD

Serenity

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:50 am
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

Hmm...well it brings to mind both Seinfeld ("Serenity now!") and a type of romantic fiction about a girl finding peace after difficult relationships, with a swan on the cover.

The Magicals
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:52 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Makes me think of a fantasy story of a bunch of people with magical powers...or magic objects. They work together using their powers to overcome the adversity facing them. I like the title.

Paint Me The Sky
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane