z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:45 pm
godlypopo says...

Hmmm I like it in a way that it is peculiar yet I feel it is very bland - maybe using other words will make it more playful for the reader.

---
Dwindling trusts
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:52 am
Vervain says...

It sounds generic—a lot of stories have dwindling trust in them, for one reason or another. What makes your story stand out from these, and what will actually grab a reader's attention?

---

The Orangewitch
stay off the faerie paths

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:56 am
Pretzelstick says...

Well I honestly am creepy scared of witches so I honestly don't really take an interest in them.So for that reason I wouldn't read this book, although I do have to say that the title is different. Like,who has read about an orange witch?
----
Burning Caverns
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:01 am
View Likes
AttackOfTheFlash says...

So many possibilities here. It could be fantasy- like there's a sacred place where there are caves ablaze. Or it could be a realistic fiction about a geologist who studies volcanoes or something. I'd definitely pick it up just to see what it was about!
-
Carpe Noctis
Are you living or simply existing?

425 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 am
Vervain says...

I like the idea behind this -- and it takes a well-known phrase and turns it, but you might want to watch your Latin grammar. If I'm correct, it should be "Carpe Noctem". I'd also watch out for similarities to the Pratchett novel Carpe Jugulum.

---

Under Troll Creek Bridge

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:09 am
ajruby12 says...

I would picture this as a very interesting piece, probably a short story. Obviously set under Troll Creek Bridge, it could be a series of happenings that occur or something along those lines...

Generic Everything
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

346 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:53 am
Pretzelstick says...

Ohh,I think that is sounds more like a scientific book and since I personally have learning about science I probably eighteenth pick it up. But the title itself is intriguing so in someone else's eyes it might be a great future and start.

The Fire Caves
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:53 pm
SkyeWalker says...

It makes me think of... I don't know, maybe a cave full of lava and hot things? It sounds interesting though, maybe a fantasy and definitely fictional story. I think that flame would sound better in the place of fire, and then maybe switching up some of the words. For example, The Flame Caverns or The Caverns of Flame. I don't personally know what the story is about though, so you judge for me what would sound best! :)

Flowing Over River Stones
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:05 pm
Apricity says...

Sounds somewhat generic likevthe title of a YA fantasy book about romance and all things related to that. Or a mystical book. It sounds and looks unfinished. I would make it complete.

The things to carry when we die.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

425 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:09 pm
Vervain says...

A little lengthy, but it also promises an interesting premise. I think it could probably be made a bit more concise while still portraying the same idea.

---

Bitter Orange

346 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:50 pm
Pretzelstick says...

It' kind of sounds ironic and like an oxymoron. (A orange is sweet-I just had one the other day)I have no idea or indication through this title of whatt this whole novel would be about. I would probably skim through the book blurb at the first couple of pages on it. If it sounds interesting than I would pick it up.

-----------------------------------

The Flaming Caverns
~George R. Martin

got yws?

425 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:07 pm
Vervain says...

It sounds kind of cliché, and I'd probably be expecting some kind of YA fantasy before I picked it up, if I didn't pick it up in the YA fantasy section. Honestly, it doesn't make me expect much from the story.

(And, actually, bitter oranges are a type of orange that are found as various species worldwide; they're mostly grown and cultivated in China, Japan, Vietnam, Iran, and the Mediterranean area, and used not only as food and juice straight, but as components in marmalade and are usable as soap of all things, and the wood is used somewhat extensively in woodworking. *steps off soapbox*)

---

Violent Blue

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:28 pm
ChiravianSkies says...

I've never really thought of blue being violent. To me, it always came to thoughts of sleep and tranquility. So, I'd give it a good look depending on the cover. (For example, if the cover had a guy with an eyepatch on it, I'd walk by it. But if it had a cool minimalist-looking ink splatter like Afterworlds, I'd pick it up.)
---

Of Hands and Paws

425 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2015 9:35 am
Vervain says...

This feels a little... I don't know, somewhere between juvenile and ambitious. It calls to mind a couple of well-read books, mostly Of Mice and Men, so I'd probably watch out for similarities to that if it's unintended.

---

In the Absence of Stars

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:29 pm
PickledChrissy says...

Sound's like it might be horror. Very dark title. I get the picture of a empty night sky. I'd probably pick it up.

---

Programmed Fear
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451