z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:11 am
Rosendorn says...

Either a romance or fantasy. Romance being some tale about an artist, possibly two, and fantasy involving some form of magic paint (and probably heavy romantic subplots as well, although the possibility exists that it'll just be friendship or the Gods deciding something)

Wind Speaker
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:47 am
mizz-iceberg says...

A coming of age fantasy novel about a girl/boy with the ability to control the wind. The main character learns about his/her skill and develops it through out the novel. People who can control the wind, are known as wind speakers. The major conflict is resolved using wind control. It reminds me heavily of the novel, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. Fantastic book.

What Lies Beneath
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:19 pm
Skorpionne says...

Sounds like it's about some sort of conspiracy. Set in a city, a seemingly perfect society, but with a flipside of terror. The protagonists would be living on seperate ends of the scale, and they'd try to stop what was happening under the city. I think it would be a good book. I'd be interested.

White Demons
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:19 am
yubbies21 says...

Sounds like bad angels fallen from heaven

"Road to Nowhere"
beep

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:05 am
View Likes
Ikerot says...

It sounds like it's about a character who's having trouble (either inside or outside) and doesn't know how to solve, thus, sending them in a road that keeps going until they find the answer. I don't even know what I'm talking about 8D

From Where We Started
"Good begins with evil, and evil is here to stay." - From The Sovereign

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:28 pm
tgirly says...

It sounds like maybe a romance where the characters have to start their relationship from the beginning again because something bad happened.

Hollow Hands
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm
nutmegan595 says...

It actually make me think of doctors. You know, like surgeons. But then I started thinking that it might just be like fake affection or sympathy.

Mostly Human

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

Either a sci fi or fantasy about a halfling, cyborg, or some other "experiment" that learns about fitting into society while hiding their past, and all too aware they're only mostly human.

Divide by Zero
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:45 am
RacheDrache says...

Sci-fi thriller with a futuristic James Bond sort of figure. Faced with a task so impossible you can't even begin to think about it.

Honor's Gauntlet
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 pm
Ikerot says...

Sounds somebody who lost their honor and is now trying to get it back, kind of like a gauntlet. Or, it's a medieval type fantasy xD about a cocky git.

The Sovereign
"Good begins with evil, and evil is here to stay." - From The Sovereign

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:27 pm
eldEr says...

Hmm. I would assume a fantasy (perhaps a sci-fi in a broken-down, brown world or something). One particular person plays guardian or prophet? Either an allegory for something Christian/Islam-based, or just a piece formed of made-up mythology.

Coffee, Grit, and my Dad's Best Shoes
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 pm
wordsandwishes says...

Sounds like a really good realistic drama, with a younger main character, and something to do with a business...

A World So Perfect

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

I would assume the title is being used sarcastically/ironically. It might be a personal memoir about a terrible childhood, or a seemingly utopian society that turns out to be corrupt.

The Dormition

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

I'm a religious kinda guy, and if what you're talking about there is the Assumption, then I totally approve of it! Whether I'm correct or not, the title's good since the word isn't that popular, and so readers will wonder.

---
Miracles for Breakfast
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 am
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

This sounds like it's being used as a metaphor, so I would assume it's a realistic drama, or maybe a drama about someone not-so-normal, or... well, I dunno. The title's nice and open-ended, so it could have a variety of meanings, and it catches the readers attention, sounds like something I would read.^^

Dead by Dawn

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
— Mark Twain