z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:02 am
Vervain says...

It's a little clunky for me, and honestly makes me think of one of those dimestore romance titles on the shelf at the grocery store. I'd probably pick it up if it was in a bookstore or something, but I'd have a preconceived notion of what I was expecting.

-----

Accordance
stay off the faerie paths

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:25 am
ChiravianSkies says...

Sounds dystopian. I'm a bit of a sucker for them, so I'd definitely pick it up and read the blurb.

---
Vulpin Mani

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:43 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Well I think that that title @MaddieMouse013 is unfamiliar to me(perhaps written in another language) so I wouldn't really be that interested in it because I don't really understand it.
-----
Burning Caves
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:02 pm
Evander says...

Burning Caves is an interesting enough title. I already want to know why the caves are burning and how. It gives off the feel of a summer-camp novel that you'd read on a car-ride, or something. If the first few paragraphs were interesting, I'd probably read on.

---

Clonophobe
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:12 pm
LittleFox says...

The 'phobe' part makes me think of fear and overall it makes me think of sci-fi. I think I would pick it up to look at it, and probably open it up and give it a read if it looks good. It does catch my attention and makes me curious.

---

The Nature of a Blade
"What's 'taters, Precious?"

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:17 pm
Marshymallow says...

Ooh that is an interesting title I like how you could come up with many different stories and genres from it.

---
Overgrown hopes
:D Smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And eat marshmallows

Spoiler! :
Spoiler :P

107 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:03 pm
ChiravianSkies says...

Sounds a bit like a failed garden. Maybe it'd be a bit of an Aesop. I probably wouldn't give it a second glance, but if I picked it up, I'd read the synopsis. :)
Frozenmoon

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:36 pm
Vervain says...

It sounds a bit stereotypically fantasy, and a bit too awkward to just smash those two words together. In actuality, it makes me think of the name that a Mary Sue/Gary Stu would give their Perfect Sue Horse in a fantasy novel. I'd probably skim over it, maybe pick it up if the cover art was interesting.

---

River Goddess
stay off the faerie paths

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:55 pm
LittleFox says...

This one makes me think of mythology and nature, and as one who likes both of those things, I would defiantly pick it up. However, I feel like you could do something more. It could use just a little touch to hind at the mood of the story since it is a little plain-sounding.

---

The Moon Spirit
"What's 'taters, Precious?"

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:27 pm
haven235 says...

Haha! I'd say the exact same thing as you for the one above yours. It's kinda hard to make a title very intriguing and unique. That's why there's always a cover and a synopsis on the back of the book to further spark your intrigue. Perhaps don't make your title the main subject, maybe a quote or a theme in your story.

A Realistic View on Life

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:48 pm
AttackOfTheFlash says...

It seems like it would be one of those realistic fiction books about teenagers in high school. Maybe even a diary where the main character is a girl.
-
Change of Fate
Are you living or simply existing?

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:06 am
carbonCore says...

Fate always changes, according to some, and according to others, it never does. What is the title really trying to say? What is the content in it?

--

Things That Rot
_

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:23 am
Hattable says...

This sounds like a realistic fiction story about a failing relationship (doesn't necessarily have to be romantic). That or a dystopian future novel about zombies, but not so much this.

=======

Kingdom of Mercury
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

107 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:17 am
ChiravianSkies says...

*Mythology mode switches on* Ooh, give me ze Roman Gods. Right quick, please! So, I'd most definitely pick it up, and mentally translate all the Roman names to Greek names. It's either that or a Sci-fi book, which I'd pick up either way.
(Frozenmoon pretty much translates to H*** in the Stoneslide world. It's a sequel if I get that far.)
Chiravian Knights

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:18 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Oh I am not that interested in knights so honestly I would probably just leave it on the shelf. And again that foreign language throws my mind off. That's just my honest opinion.

_--------

The Devil's Box
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

Who knew Kansas City had its own branch of the Yakuza?
— Jason Sudeikis