z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:49 am
Mea says...

I really like the play on words. It makes me think of a story where the ballerina gets more and more overwhelmed by the demands of ballet. Either that, or there's some sort of injury that causes problems.

Lines of Faith
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm
TheStormAroundMe says...

I like your title. Is it for a Christian book? Just wondering. But this title sort of clues you in on something difficult happening, where someone will have to keep the faith.

Basecode
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:13 pm
View Likes
fukase says...

Whoa!

That was my first impression when I looked at your title. Simple, yet brings a lot of meaning. I think it would be a thriller novel about well...codes? I love thriller, anyway!

Mine! (I know it's kinda long...)

There's blood on my hand, how long will it lies in my heart?
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:41 am
mephet says...

It's definitely an intriguing title and raises a lot of questions - Who is speaking? What have they done? What will happen to them now? - that draw the reader into the story. :) I wonder if you've mistyped it though? Is "how long will it lies in my heart" supposed to be "how long will it lie in my heart" or "how long till it lies in my heart"? I don't think "will it lies" is grammatically correct.

It is kind of long, which at first doesn't seem so bad, but I wonder how one would be supposed to refer to your story. In a discussion or a review it would be a bit cumbersome to say "I read There's blood on my hand, how long will it lies in my heart? and I really liked it." Even much shorter titles like Lord of the Rings are long enough that in more informal writing people will usually shorten it to LotR. I suppose a shorter version of the title (to be used when referring to the work) could be "Blood on my hand"?

One of mine: Remember Not the Past
Blessed are the legend-makers with their rhyme / of things not found within recorded time. - J. R. R. Tolkien: Mythopoeia ┃ avatar

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:04 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Personally, it doesn't appeal to me, but I think that's a taste thing as much as anything else. The archaic feel of the "Remember Not" is probably going to draw some people in because that's the kind of thing that they like, but it might alienate others. I imagine it being some kind of medieval setting, probably an epic fantasy. I like the idea behind it, and if the cover was really interesting, I might pick it up and check out what it was about, but it feels a little too formal for my taste.

---

The Real Thing
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 am
Vervain says...

My first impression of this is that it's probably a romance novel -- I've heard that phrase touted a lot about romance for some reason, with a relationship with the "right" partner being called "the real thing". However, I'd still probably pick it up and read the blurb to see if it interested me, because it could be about a dozen other things, so I'd say it would probably catch my eye on the shelf.

---

In the Absence of Stars
stay off the faerie paths

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:39 am
Lightsong says...

I like how the title sounds - it's smooth and catchy, and stars can be interpreted as many things. It would interest me for sure. I imagine it being a sad novel with a slice-of-life vibes to it which is the real thing here. ;)

---

When Dream and Reality Collide
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:57 am
TriSARAHtops says...

I actually reckon this is a pretty cool title - and barring a totally off-putting cover, I'd very likely pick it up. Bit long and unwieldy, but not in a bad way (besides I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I complained about that). There's all sorts of possibilities that it could be, and doesn't lean to strongly towards any particular genre, which means that the title alone wouldn't drive readers away. I'm leaning towards having the impression of it being some sort of sci-fi, manipulating dreams, thought-provoking ideas kinda novel, most likely in a futuristic-y setting.

---

Daydream
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:49 pm
tigeraye says...

When I see the word "Daydream", I think of a more contemporary fiction. Probably something really flowery, upbeat and hopeful. I think of a story that would be about someone reaching goals they once thought were unimaginable, or doing the impossible. It also gives me a bit of romantic vibes.

--
Heartbeat Academy
dot

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:10 pm
Mea says...

Honestly, my first thought is of the "Heartbeat Song" because it drove me crazy for months. XD

In seriousness, I'd assume that this was romance or maybe fantasy. So it would really depend on whether or not the cover looked like a romace - if it did I probably wouldn't pick it up. If it looked more fantasy-esque I'd probably read the summary. I am intrigued to know why there would be a school called "Heartbeat Academy," though.

----
Shaping Faith
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:17 am
Vervain says...

It sounds really intriguing, but at first glance I'd think it was a light fantasy or a summer romance novel, depending on the cover. I'd probably pick it up and read the blurb, just to see what it was about.

---

Viper Creek Lullaby
stay off the faerie paths

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:20 pm
erilea says...

I like it! I feel like it's some type of creek... maybe famous for snakes? And it's a short story, or something like that. The main character's hearing some old lullaby that she remembers from her childhood... ah, nice title.

When Flowers Bloom, I'll Awaken
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:38 am
carbonCore says...

Hmm... I like it. Brings to mind connotations of spring and whatnot, and ties the speaker into the spring, and by extension, into nature.

----

I Found It Weeping In The Field
_

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:53 am
Holysocks says...

It makes me think of a love story- a comedic love story where the one that found the other is just like "...what do I do with it now?" I like it, though I do feel like it's a bit long. Maybe that's just because society has warped me to believe that longness is not to be desired in titles, I'm not sure. I'd read it!

Black Scale
100% autistic

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:32 am
Mageheart says...

Ooh, that title makes me think of snakes or dragons, which are both epic in my book. (Not my literal book. XD) So I would definitely read it with that hope. I would rush to a library to grab a copy of it.
Hidden by the Shadows
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

I was promis'd on a time, To have a reason for my rhyme: From that time unto this season, I receiv'd nor rhyme nor reason.
— Edmund Spenser