z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:17 am
sleepette says...

A bit dramatic, though I'd say rather tastefully so. I think it'd be a kind of hit and miss with each individual reader, but nonetheless strong overall. The use of the word "destiny" gives it the sense of a period piece, whether fantasy or historical, but definitely not a modern tale.

-

Sleepy Eyes
and there are no happy endings, because nothing ends.

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 pm
awaken88 says...

Reminds me of the title of a movie: Blue eyes-- starring JLo. I'm guessing romance. Maybe the eyes belong to a character under a drug haze. You never know. I'd at least read the blurb, but only because I like romance and romance titles are always a bit cheesy.

--

Shatter Effect

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:51 pm
Firepower13 says...

Makes me think of an action/sci-fi story, set in a dystopian future. There are very strict rules and laws in place, but one person out of line will crack the regime, and the cracks will spread until they shatter.

The Day After Yesterday
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Don't you have other things to do? Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Either realistic romance/drama or dystopia. Something soft and focused on character relationships or some absolutely terrible virus. Mostly thinking of the horror-esque elements because of titles such as "28 days later".

--

Prophesy
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:21 am
LittleFox says...

I'd defiantly pick it up off the shelf to see what it was about. There is an array of things it could be about. Something religious comes to mind. Or perhaps the main character discovers that he is somehow involved in some large prophesy.

~

Adonia, Beloved
"What's 'taters, Precious?"

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:28 pm
TimmyJake says...

Makes me think of a romance with a hint of old timey-ness thrown in with "Beloved". The name title also makes me think of fantasy in a way, because of the name. I would definitely take a look at it. Although I am not sure if the title benefits anything from Beloved. "Adonia" by itself is gripping and easy to remember. Just clicks with me.

~~~~

Legend of the Scale: The Last Beginning
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:08 pm
BellaRoma says...

The title has a mythological ring to it, mainly because of "legend". It could almost be the title of an actual Greek myth. I love it!

Imaginary Friends
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:42 pm
Evander says...

I think about a young child who has imaginary friends, and has little adventures with them. Then suddenly, the imaginary world is attacked.

Or maybe it's about a teenager who was so desperate to fit in, they created a group of friends so they wouldn't be as lonely.

~~~

Juliet.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:43 am
AttackOfTheFlash says...

Romeo and Juliet first came to mind, so perhaps a love story. But then again I also feel like it could be a story about a murderous girl named Juliet.
---
Last
Are you living or simply existing?

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:06 pm
Tenyo says...

I do like one word titles, but 'last' seems too much of an common, indefinite word to use on it's own. I get the impression it's something dramatic like the last of a race, but what lingers in my mind is 'last night? last week?' Maybe 'The Last' or another synonym might be better.

"The songs of missing children"
We were born to be amazing.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:09 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

The Songs of the Missing Children-intriguing, I would love to hear more like why are they missing?etc.It catches my atttention,really.

The Perfect Baby Doll
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:35 pm
firefly882 says...

I find this intriguing. Is it about a child's doll? Is the main character regarded as a baby doll by his/her parents/friends/others? What makes them/it so perfect? The title alone draws me in to find answers to these questions!

Deception's Blade
"Have I ever told you the story about how our kingdom was nearly torn apart by greed and betrayal? No? Well then gather 'round, my children, and let Ol' Nan tell you about the Legends of Arenthul." ~Naneria

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:29 pm
TigersMoon says...

Fascinating. Has a fantasy touch but not over doing it. Asks: Who is deceived? Is there a mythical sword involved?

Cloud Pillow
Three ghosts in the lighthouse

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:36 pm
Vervain says...

I don't feel like I really understand this title, and while I'm likely to pick it up just to read the description, it doesn't give me a certain feeling -- and the only "feeling" I have on how it might integrate into a story is that very metaphor.

---

Balance
stay off the faerie paths

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:40 pm
Apricity says...

I'm biase with this opinion since I already know what it's about, but we can pretend that's not the case. Judging purely from the word, I'd guess it'd either be a realistic novel about someone balancing some inner quality or an conflict or a fantasy about the same thing,

The fall of yesteryear
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice