z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:41 pm
Poor Imp says...

It strikes the chord of character - ah, no pun intended. And I either consider a pianist, sitting in an odd corner of a club or pub - or the song 'Piano Man'. But both seem rather morose. Another short story that would catch my eye in an anthology table of contents. ^_^

--

Zhaim
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:44 pm
Dream Deep says...

Intriguing. One word and a short word at that, easy on the less than furious pace of my mind at the moment. ^_^ Plus it has a very nice sound, aloud: Zhaim. I couldn't tell you what impression I'd get about plot, I've already read the sketch. ^_~

--

Letters Ran Away

(Now that's an old one. I didn't even know it was still buried in here.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:46 pm
Snoink says...

It reminds me of fishing through a bowl of alphabet soup. Something funny and very light. :D And definitely a short story...

---

The Witch of Cornerstone Drive
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

459 Reviews

Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:50 pm
Poor Imp says...

Makes me think of Diana Wynne Jones, Snoink - something quirkily light but with a streak of rather convoluted magic in the plot. Either that, or a horror-Halloween oddity. I'd read it for the first impression. ^_^

--

Sur le Marche

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:08 pm
Dream Deep says...

I like it. ^_^ French - foreign language titesl always have the advantage, as far as getting someone's attention, I think. And the 'Marche' gives it something of a martial feel. I'd like to read it.

--

Where the Rainbow Never Touches

459 Reviews

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:13 pm
Poor Imp says...

At first glance, it looks light - Emerald Isle, children's story or pleasant fantasy. But giving it any thought, one wonders how the place where a rainbow doesn't touch could be very well-off. ^_^'' That reversal of impression is intriguing. I wonder if it's not too much for 'most' people, if I'm allowed a generality. ^_~ It's something I'd think about long enough to pick up.

--

Aprathes (at least, 'twas a working title...)

-Lloyd Alexander

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:14 pm
Snoink says...

Hehehe... I don't like foreign language titles... :P

It reminds me of apathetic spiders. Don't ask.

EDIT: It reminds Mom of a pathetic apricot.

I don't think it really caught any of our interests, hehe. :P

--

Brains
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 4
Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:18 pm
View Likes
Zeige says...

reminds me of zombie movies when they chant Brains! Brains! but also could be a story about a young boy genius reminding me of Dexters lab so maybe for a younger audiance but not sure is quite a vague title but compelling to know more about the story.

Wolf Unit
-The Alpha-

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:21 pm
Emerson says...

I probably wouldn't pick it up. It makes me think of something Mooshy and grosh. I wouldn't read it. I just...don't like the word 'brains' it sounds funny. I'd think it might be a psycho-thriller or a psychology book or something. Or a zombie book. And Zombies ARE kind of cool, but I still wouldn't look at it.

A pink, gooey thing comes to mind ><

---

Unknown
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:24 pm
Shafter says...

Sounds more like a short story than a novel. I think cover art would define this one, because it could go several different ways: literary, fantasy/sci-fi, or comedy. Even nonfiction.

Eight and a Half Minutes
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:21 am
Jennafina says...

It sounds like sci-fi. I would guess there is a disaster, and the following eight and a half minutes are critical to the character's survival. Sounds fast paced.

In The Wake Of Chatuluka
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:26 am
Duskglimmer says...

I like it. "Wake" is just one of the words that I really like and therefore it grabs my attention right away, and "Chatuluka" is just fun to say. *grins* Definately a book I would pick up.

Latent Heritage
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:45 am
Crysi says...

Hmm... Reminds me of Tess of the D'Urbervilles, which is a horrid book. I'm sure yours is far better than this book, but I'm afraid it doesn't catch my interest much. It reminds me of the 1800s... I don't know why. But seeing as how that's not one of my favorite time periods, I guess that would explain my lack of interest.

Davy and Di
Love and Light

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:56 am
Jennafina says...

It sounds like a romance. Maybe historical fiction? It doesn't really grab my attention, because it's in the familiar format of Betty and Bill, Harold and Maud, Jack and Jill, etc.

Talking to Demons
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:12 am
Emerson says...

I'd pick it up, just to see what the heck it was about. I immediately think Faust, vampires, or bad people. But thats me XD I certainly like the title, but if it didn't relate to the plot strongly, I probably wouldn't use it. I like how short it is, and how its an action.

Running From Yourself
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy