z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:03 am
BellaRoma says...

It seems intriguing, so I'd at least check out the blurb to see what was about.
I don't know why, but it sounds like a creepy horror title to me.

Deadly Green
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

Reviews: 4
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:23 pm
Keralix says...

It sounds like some kind of horror where plants eat people.

Bullets and Lemonade

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:31 pm
MaddiePhantomhive says...

life as i knew it
Maddie phantomhive the neko vampire ",...,"

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:58 pm
Vervain says...

@Keralix -- it sounds a little out of left field, so I'd probably pick it up to see what it was about, if the cover drew me in. If the blurb is interesting, I might thumb through chapter one; all in all, it's not a title that screams "I have to read this!", but it sounds intriguing.

---

Kites of Summer
stay off the faerie paths

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:38 pm
leslieloo says...

I think that your title sounds like it belongs to a sci-fi novel. D.E. kinda reminds me of E.T. I don't know. I'm not good at this! :P

The Abduction
Whatever you've been told, you're worth more than gold.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:48 am
Vervain says...

It sounds a bit standard and run-of-the-mill. If I saw a story titled that, I wouldn't think much of it from the start; I probably would skim over it, but I might pick it up to look at the blurb. It's a coin toss, but not very evocative for me.

--

Liar's Pawn
stay off the faerie paths

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:09 pm
Holysocks says...

I'm not sure. It sounds like a book that's going to have a lot of back stabbing, and folks playing dirty. I kind of like it but at the same time books that have the same sorta feel your title suggest generally make me feel odd- but there are a few of those kinds of books I like, namely by Holly Black. I think I'd pick the book up for further investigation, but if it has a picture of a chick in a ball gown looking lost, I'm putting it down, dammit! :P

--

Fiends of Heaven
100% autistic

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:07 pm
Wolfi says...

Naturally, the vibe I get from that title is irony. Like a supposedly good group of people from a good place are stepping beyond societal norms into antagonist territory. Angels becoming demons. Or maybe even demons becoming angels, but that's hardly likely. :p I can't be sure whether these are literal angels/demons or metaphorical ones.

--

Ordadus
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:37 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Brain breaking phonemes is my immediate first impression, to the point that I would probably pick it up. I get a sort of Greek myth retelling feel along the tragic hero line, in the fantasy genre.

--

Prophecy Turns
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:24 pm
Holysocks says...

It feels hollow somehow to me. Like "prophecy" is a strong word, but than "turns" leaves much to be desired. I'm not sure what the title is meaning, really- and that's generally okay because we haven't read the book yet, but this is more like im not sure if the title even knows what it's talking about. I'd probably inspect the book further, to get a better idea about it.

--
(Posting the same one 'cause feedback)

Fiends of Heaven
100% autistic

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm
Lightsong says...

Am pretty sure it's about something fantasy or supernatural, although 'fiends' being a metaphor would be quite interesting too. Overall, it's a pretty unusual title given the contrast of connotations between 'fiends' and 'heaven'. Definitely something worthy to check out.

---

Between the Moon and the Sun
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

1272 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:24 am
Rosendorn says...

My first impression is a fantasy romance, or even just a plain old romance, just because I've seen so many mythological images that focus on the moon and sun being gendered and the celestial imagery brings up starcrossed lovers.

--

Heretic

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:51 am
Mea says...

I'm thinking either a traditional fantasy or historical fiction, because those seem to be the two genres where being a heretic is important. If fantasy, I'd guess the heretic in question isn't an intentional heretic. I might pick it up, and whether I read it or not would depend on the blurb probably.

--
Mixing Magic
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:44 am
Pompadour says...

I feel like this is likely to be either a Juvenile fantasy or YA fantasy novel, with a literal spin on the title (or perhaps something that links to art and magic coming together?). It's a title that has me inclined to believe the story in itself is light, and the alliteration just reinforces the somewhat-casual tone that the title conveys to me. I'm into juvenile fantasy, but I'd probably skim through the blurb before I checked it out.

--

Neckromancer
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

1272 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:00 pm
Rosendorn says...

... I picture a dark humour supernatural romance probably involving the undead in one way or another.

I'd pick it up for the pun alone, but would likely not read because those types of stories are not my thing.

--

Heretic

You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus