z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:18 pm
Jennafina says...

I'm not sure if this will work, but maybe? :D

One person posts a title of theirs, then the next person says what they think it's about, or something about it. Basically what they think of it, weather or not if it was on a shelf they would pick it up. Then they say their title.

For example:

a: Title feeback... Hm... Too the point, not wordy, but also boring and not very catchy. It sounds like exactly what it is.

Bubble Tea

b: It sounds like literature for young teen girls. If I had to guess at the plot, a girl goes to a strange bubble tea café, meets the boy of her dreams, then has a rocky experiance that ends happily. With puppies and rainbows.

Songs of Oritsu
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:31 pm
The Jesseble says...

The title alone suggests that 'Oritsu' is the main character therefore i am drawn to known more about him/her. So I'd read the blurb. Plus, I like songs :D.

A spoonful of days
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:27 pm
RoxanneR says...

I'll probably be completely wroung but I'll have a go.

It sound like teenage fiction about young girls, kinda, getting over their worries and problems together.

Scarlett
Want a faithful critique? PM me!

Luv RR*

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:53 pm
Poor Imp says...

I'm afraid it brings to mind novels of a rather trashy character. That's my first impression. Secondly, I think of a take-off of Gone With the Wind. 0o'

But I've never been much fond of titles by name.

--

Sans Soleil
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:21 pm
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

Other-language titles, what could be better? ^_~ Captures the reader's attention and makes them want to read more, especially one who gets the general drift: (without the sun, lacking light...)

--

The only thing I've churned out in a long time ;):

The Chair of Wind & Darkness

459 Reviews

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:25 pm
Poor Imp says...

And that's entirely too difficult to consider without thinking of the actual story; that puts it in a different light, naturally. ^_^

Ah...perhaps I can recall what I thought when I first saw it. It gave me an ambiguous image of a chair - and then curiosity, as I couldn't put my finger on what it would be. In that light, it was excellent. ^_^

--

Vetren'iy (working title...perhaps it will stick)

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:28 pm
Dream Deep says...

Roughly, 'inconsistency', da? I personally find it wonderful - but then again, if I didn't know the general translation of the word, I would probably be hopelessly confused. Though here again, thinking of Vetren'iy brings me directly to Tov and Piers...

... and that I can hardly judge. ^_~ I like it. You just might want to consider the fact that it would probably be a bit too confusing for some.

--

Majestic and Waiting

459 Reviews

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:31 pm
Poor Imp says...

I liked that one the first time I was it. Illustrious comes to mind, but in the sense of illustrating as well the connotation to 'majestic'. It leaves a question on the note of 'waiting'. Of course, one wants to know - waiting for what?

--

Presque Vu

-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:37 pm
Dream Deep says...

More foreign language. ^_^ I like it very much. It made me want to read more instantly. Plus the fact that it's in a language (french) other than that of the main characters (russian) only suffices to drive the interest deeper.

--

Gossamer On Cloud

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:23 am
Jennafina says...

It sounds like it's about angels. I like the word gossamer, but I've never heard it without the word gown after it. Maybe a little boring, though. Like Frosting On Cake. Heh, sorry.

Minor Contribution
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:45 am
Via says...

The title instantly made me think of the Government. I have no idea why, but it did haha. It's kind of boring, and wouldn't likely strike my fancy if I walked by it in the store but that may just be me and the whole random government thought haha.

Cliche' is for Wimps
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:42 am
Shafter says...

Uhm... some sort of teen power story. Humorous, fast-paced, great writing voice.

Caste of the Spider
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

459 Reviews

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:54 am
Poor Imp says...

It evokes a somewhat eastern image - Indian, because of 'caste'. Spider, in any title, always strikes me as Halloween-esque...sort of stale? But as it follows 'caste' it feels less banal, and makes me wonder about a culture or system. ^_^

--

In Our Image

-Lloyd Alexander

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:11 am
Crysi says...

It reminds me of religion, due to the whole "We shall create man in Our image" thing. At the same time, I'm not sure. I think I'd have to be in the right mood to pick it up, though - sort of a calm feeling. It does make me think...

~

The Chronicles of Taer
Love and Light

459 Reviews

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:26 am
Poor Imp says...

I'm fond of language -- and I've always liked the sound of 'Taer'. It has an odd look, tear turned 'round and not quite, and a somewhat Gaelic sound as well. 'Chronicles' tends to recall longwinded fantasy epics that forget their defining thread...that would put me off. Though I'd pick it up all the same, if it were on a cover. ^_^

--

D.E.

-Lloyd Alexander

Chickens are honestly little dinosaurs. And they know it.
— ChieRynn