z

Young Writers Society

Answering machines

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:09 am
chocolatechipmuffin says...

Joe: *beep* Oops, sorry, I was trying to call my girlfriend...wrong number, then. And talk about unlikely, dude, a gorgeous, single girl who's my age actually showed up in my one-horse, middle-of-nowhere town...and now she's dating me! *manly happy dance*...yeah. Wrong number. Bye.
Joe's machine: Hey, you found my cell phone number, good job. Dad, I swear I did my chores, Mom, I swear I didn't do whatever it is you're mad about. Izzy...never mind, hon, you're probably with me if I'm not answering my phone. Anyway...make me laugh, I'll call you back. *beep*
"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky."
~Solomon Short

"We are all of us living in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~Oscar Wilde

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:35 am
Meep says...

Lizzy: Is Izzy there? Izzy, if you're there, call Mom. She wants to know what you want for dinner. (Sorry for using your answering machine, Joe. Izzy's not picking up her cell phone.)

Lizzy's: If you're calling to harass Izzy, I'm going to kick your ass. If you're not calling to harass Izzy, sorry about the disclaimer. People suck sometimes, y'know?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

46 Reviews

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:26 am

Andy: Yeah, I do know. Hey, listen, can you pick me up from the airport in...hang on a sec...*muffled* How long til we land? Okay, thanks. *unmuffled* 15 minutes. SOrry about the short notice, but...actually, I don't have a good excuse. Please pick me up? Um...hopefully I'll see you soon, if not, I'll be the hobo in a box tomorrow. Thanks, Lizzy! *beep*

Andy's machine: Hey, I'm not here, cuz I have a life and I'm busy. You don't have a life, so...leave a message. At the beep. Thanks. *beep*
~Solomon Short

"We are all of us living in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~Oscar Wilde

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:48 am
Shafter says...

Narvik to Andy:
What a remarkably perceptive person you are... I don't have a life. Unless you count slaving in the diamond mine sixteen hours a day. How my writer managed to get me a phone in this environment, I'll never know... *Beep*

Narvik's answering machine:
*Mozart's Requium starts playing* I suppose you can guess from the dismal music whose phone you've reached. Leave a message, and I, the cheerful Resident Cynic, shall attempt to call you back between making pessemistic statements. *Music is cut off short*
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

46 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:06 am

Lula: Oh, honey, what happened to make you so sad? Come on over and I'll bake you some cookies. And if you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here, sweetheart.

Lula's machine: Hey, this is Lula [haven't decided on a surname yet], I'm out and about right now, but leave me your name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Take care, now. *beep*
~Solomon Short

~Oscar Wilde

55 Reviews

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:07 pm
Shafter says...

Narvik to Lula:
Hello, this is Narvik, that incredibly depressed person you just left a message for. Where do you live? Can we meet somewhere? Believe me, you're the first person to take notice of my melacholy attitude in months. Call me back, please. Bye. *beep*

Eshare's answering machine:
Hi, this is the machine of Eshare of Calaron. You're probably calling for my older sister, but Lai isn't here right now, and neither am I, so leave a message. I'll try to call you back. Oh yeah, and I'm only nine, so don't use big words. Sometimes they confuse me. *giggles*
Got YWS?

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:48 am
Pushca says...

Gwen: Uh... OK, I'll keep it PC. I've got tickets to the Avalon tonight, and I was wondering if you wanted to go. Yeah. So, I guess you're not here, so, um, if you get this, call back in like an hour, or whatever, well not whatever, call back in an hour, and if you don't I guess I'll call someone else or go by myself. Or something. Yeah, I'm gonna go now.

Gwen's machine: Yeah, so I'm not here right now. Leave a message. Or don't. You should probably know I don't check them, but if you didn't know that, you're probably a politician or someone else equally untrustworthy. *mutters* Stu... Stu... [/i]Stuart[/i] *piano* aw, fuck...
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:47 pm
Leja says...

Connie to Gwen: Oh, sorry, just calling to see if you're going to the rally, but... eh... apparently not. Oh, are you going to the... never mind, probably not. The... oh screw it. I suppose I'll see you around, though you won't know that, since you apparently won't be listening to this message.

Connie's Answering Machine: Hello, if you've dialed the correct number, you've got the correct machine. If you're trying to reach Connie, please leave a message after the beep. If you're trying to reach Bao, you can leave a message, but chances are it won't get to him, as no one's supposed to know where he is anyway. If you're trying to reach Mrs. Mills, you can leave a message here, but chances are it won't reach her for months, as no one really does know where she is. And if you're trying to reach Charlie, leave a message and I'll pass it along when I see him again. Thank you, *BEE-* Wait! And if this is Charity again, no, I will not tell you where Bao is. If he wanted to talk to you, he'd find you. In the meantime, I refuse to remain your secretary. *BEEP*

55 Reviews

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:10 pm
Shafter says...

Jaikal to Connie:
Well, I was looking for Bao, but since you don't know where he is, there's no point. He really should get a cellphone. *BEEP*

Émon's new answering machine:
Uhm, hi. Leave a message please. Thanks. *clicking* Drat, how do you turn this off? *More clicking* Hey, Myron? How do you turn this off? Oh wait, here it-- *BEEP*
Got YWS?

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:52 am
Bella says...

*BEEP* Hey Emon, what's up? My friend mal said this was her number...she wrote it on my forehead and everything...well, have fun with turning off the answering machine...bye?*BEEP*

BELLA'S ANSWERING MACHINE:
Hey, what's up? SYKE! I'm not available to take your call right now, so leave a message and I'll try to get back to you. see ya! *BEEP*
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:25 am
Alice says...

Bella! Where the h*** did you leave my library book? They won't let me renew it! ~~~AJ

AJ'S answering machine:

"oh crap is it recording?" AJ
"Yeah the light's on," Pen
"Are you sure it should be red?"
"What color should it be?"
"Usually these things are green or something!"
"It says red."
"Maybe it should be blue."
"AJ we're running out of time!"
"Leave us a message!.. are you sure it should be red? How do we know it worked?"
"Wait until someone calls I guess."
"Maybe I sh-"
I just lost the game.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:41 am
duckie says...

"Dude. You so need to change that message machine. Anyway, it's Brogan. Call me back, I got a question about some stuff for school...Dude, a really hot chick just walked by...Okay bye."

BROGAN'S MESSAGE MACHINE:

"Yo yo yo, wuddup? It's Brogan, leave me a message or something......*slightly different voice* Dude, that was totally a chick pretending to be me! BET YOU FELL FOR IT. HA." BEEP

142 Reviews

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:27 pm
Bella says...

Oh you jerk! *smacks duckie through phone line (yup, cartoons)* Why was there a chick at your house using your answering machine? I thought you cared!!!

BELLA'S MACHINE~~~
Yay, the lights red! (yes alice, red!) Well, leave me a message and I'll debate upon whether or not I should get back to you. Bye! Oh wait, how do I turn this off? Um...BEEP. Nope, wrong button. Also, tell me how to turn this off in your message. TY! BYE! *BEEP*

55 Reviews

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 am
Shafter says...

Émon to Bella:
Hi Bella, my name's Émon, and I had the same problem. Myron showed me how, though. Usually if you just hang up the phone or press "record" again, it'll work. Uhm... good luck. *Click*

Calum's answering machine:
Er, hi, you've reached the cell phone of Calum, which is kind of funny since cell phones don't exist in my world... anyway, if you're a friend, leave a message. And, er, if you're a bounty hunter wanting to kidnap me and hold me for ransom... er, you're barking up the wrong tree. Yes, I'm the emperor's kid. But it's like he cares or I'm a prince or anything. So please don't kidnap me. Er, have a good day. *BEEP*
Got YWS?

142 Reviews

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:11 pm
Bella says...

Bells to Emon:
YOU'RE THE EMPEROR'S KID??? HOW COOL IS THAT??? HAVE FUN THERE AND THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!

My New Machine:

You've reached Bella. If I'm not here it's becuase I'm in Maclebel enjoying myself and ruling the world. Leave a message and I'll kill you. Buh-Bye~

Carpe Diem
— Catullus