z

Young Writers Society

Answering machines

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:00 am
Luxor says...

This is just a fun little thing that came to me a minute ago, sort of like the Character Answer game. I'm not sure if this will work or not, to be honest. So what we do is, I start by writing what one of my characters' answering machine recordings would sound like. Then the next person writes their character leaving a message on that machine, with one of their characters' recording included for the next person to leave a message on. It might be sort of hard since we don't all know each other's characters, but I thought it might be a fun thing to try. All right...let's see how this goes.

Felix -- "Salutations, this is Felix. Considering that people seem to think it somewhat funny to leave false threats and/or distress calls on my answering machine, I will probably ignore your message. So if you were another imbicile planning to do that to gaug my reaction, you might as well not waste your time. BEEP."
If there's ever a meat shortage, eat this profile; it's full of balogna.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:47 am
View Likes
Shafter says...

Okay, Luxor, I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll try anyway...

*BEEP* Hello Felix, my name is Terian, and I'm calling to urge you to vote for me in my next campaign for prince of Lanser-Avin. I'm not quite sure how to leave messages on this machine of yours, but I'm doing my best. Vote for me-- because... uhm, because... I don't know why. Just do. Thanks. *BEEP*

And this is Myron's answering machine.

*Gillagan's Island theme comes up* Hello, you've reached the cell phone of Myron, son of Nedam. I'm off to a grand ball to be mobbed by a bunch of painted rich girls right now, so if you'd just leave your name and number I'll get right back to you. Deepest thanks. *BEEP*
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:03 am
View Likes
Roaming Shadow says...

((Interesting idea. Certainly adds an odd little twist to it.))

"Hey, this is Alex Terral. You left a message on my voice mail and I think you may have had a wrong number. But, if it is me you really wanted, get back to me ASAP, as it seems you might know things I'd like to discuss with you. Thanks."

Alex-- "Hey, if you're hearing this, that means I can't answer my cell phone right now, meaning I'm really busy at the moment. If it's urgent, leave a message, if not, try again in a day or two. And the first words out of your mouth should be who you are and/or how you got this number. BEEP."
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:24 am
View Likes
luna_the_shiekah says...

Asenath-"Oh um...dear I think this is a wrong number. If Lydia was here she could tell me what to do, I've never used one of these before. Sorry for the confusion. And uhm my name's Asenath. A pleasure to meet you?"

-

Lydia's Answer Machine

"Hey this is Lydia's voice mail. Leave a message after the tone and all that crap. Oh and if this is that stalker dyke from the beach, stop calling me it's not attractive."
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:35 am
Areida says...

Abby: Abby here. I'm compiling a list of people who would make good senators once I have myself entered into that office. My pathetic older sister must have dialed the wrong number (Dinah, in background: "I did not!), but I suppose we must forgive the shortcomings of our inferiors. Return my call if you're interested. BEEP!

Abby's message: You've reached Her Majesty Princess Abigail Antonia Reynolds Bartlett. If I have spoken to you in a tone of disgust in the past, it is likely I do not wish to hear your voice again. In the event that this is so, I look forward to hearing the *click* as you hang up.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

72 Reviews

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:52 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Deelia-"Listen you pretentious little- *Gets cut off as Jyace pulls the phone away from her.* Forgive her, she got her vocal cords returned to her a few weeks ago. She's having far too much fun finally speaking. Please don't call back.

Hikari's Answering Machine

Konnichiwa! This is Hikari's answering machine! Um...leave a message! Oh and cookies! But I don't really know how that would work...Oh and if you're a really mean person I'll sick Kyo on you! Okay? Bye!
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:59 am
Myth says...

Monessa: Hello? Can you hear me? I'm not sure what to say, I've never used one of these things before and I won't leave cookies either. So there.

Brenna: Please ingore Her Deviousness, I'm much nicer than her. If you'd like to buy anything from my art portfolios leave a message after the tone.
Last edited by Myth on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:17 pm
View Likes
Fand says...

Marcy Evans: Yeah, you've found me. Me as in Marcy Evans. If your name is neither Alexei nor Charles, please feel free to leave contact information after the beep, and if I like the presentation enough, I may just get back to you. Nota bene: no messages left in the form of Christmas carol parodies, please.

Lynne Eberly: If I like you, I'll call you back. If I don't, I'd suggest losing my number quickly, beeyotch. Have a splendiferous day!

Charlie Foss: Charlie here. Leave your message after the beep, and once I'm done plotting the destruction of my family's reputation and the theft of their fortunes, I'll get back to you. And yes, Mother, I was kidding.

Lex Vasiliev: Hey, you've got Lex. Leave it, and maybe I'll call back. Peace and love, y'all.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:32 pm
Shafter says...

Jaikal, responding to Charlie Foss'
"This must be the wrong number. Though I don't mind destroying family fortunes and whatnot. Call me back, I'd like to meet you."

Pain's answering machine
"If you are not a close friend or someone who wants to talk Renegade business, hang up now or your phone will self-destruct in exactly five seconds. Five... four... three... *BEEP*
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:31 pm
View Likes
tinny says...

Ket :Hey! Hey! What just happened? I pressed there button dohickeys and it went all kooky on me.
Clio :It's an answering machine. You leave a message, that way they know who tried to phone.
Ket :But why would I want to do that? *Followed by the sounds of an argument which ends in Clio groaning in pain*

Wires' Machine
This is Wires. Yes, it is... hey wait, I never gave anyome my phone-*BEEP*
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:33 pm
Luxor says...

Luxor: Hello, I am here to spread a message of peace. Next time you go out on the street, hold the door open for someone. Or hug someone who loooks like they need it. Or...
Wail: Luxor, has anyone ever told you that you're a fruit?
Luxor: And has anyone ever told you that you're a midget?
Wail: You little...BEEP

Wail's machine:
Hi, bitches, this is Wail. I'm busy right now, so if you're a hot guy who wants to hook up with me, leave your name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can sweethawt...otherwise, go away, assholes. BEEP.
If there's ever a meat shortage, eat this profile; it's full of balogna.

72 Reviews

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:22 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Lydia-Well aren't you a sweetie. I hope the next 'hot guy' that leaves you a message gives you herpes. Ciao.

Warrior's Answering Machine

This is Warrior. Leave a message after the tone. If you're a telemarketer, I won't hesitate to chop off your leg.
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:44 am
View Likes
serenityinthesky says...

Sonja- Well hello there, this is Sister Mary Josephine Annalise the Second and I was calling to invite you to play in our praise n' worship band up in rural SC see out here we don't have that many musicians baby, 'cept for Bubba and his banjo and Jim n' his here guitar. So if you are interested in playing in the Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Church of Christ please call me back deary. We'll treat ya really well up here. God bless ya honey child. *BEEP*

Sonja's machine- Ummmmm hello? Oh great. It's you. Do you realize it's peak hours? As if I'm not enough of a starving artist. Well go ahead and leave your message now. QUICK! what's your favorite color. *BEEP*
You would die for this, just a little bit.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:54 am
Duskglimmer says...

Callan - Green. Why are you asking? And give me an address and I'll send you some money to save you from that "starving" gig.

Callan's Answering Machine

You've reached Callan. I am currently away from the phone right now, saving a queen who doesn't want to be a queen and who doesn't think she needs to be saved. I may not be back for several years. Please leave your name, your number and your estimated life expectancy so I'll know whether I should be trying to return your call or not.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:23 am
View Likes
Myth says...

Monessa to Callan: Well. After all that I won't bother!

Brenna: Do you hear that? I'm playing my clarinet so that means I'm busy. If your name isn't Vana then please leave a message.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken