z

Young Writers Society

Post Your Favorite Lines

215 Reviews

Reviews: 215
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:19 am
View Likes
WinnyWriter says...

"Tessa Hamilton, if this is one of your pranks, I will tickle you within an inch of your life!"

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:51 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"She won’t actually attack you with silverware, unless you’ve really done something to annoy her! Which you won’t. Right?"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:49 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

this is a song a wrote, I just find these middle lines so catchy.

And I'll stretch my wings
And learn how to fly
Above all things,
I will rise
High up
Into the sky's

If you want to see the full poem just press this link ->Stretch My Wings
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:11 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Quick context-a reporter has just asked one member of the space crew about the space captain MC, who she doesn't particularly like, but wants to stay neutral on the record.

“He likes pickles a lot. We might have to dedicate a hundred food storage cubes just for them. Also, his favorite drink is a gin and tonic.” Actually, his favorite drink appeared to be anything that contained alcohol, but she’d seen him with it often enough that she supposed it was his favorite source of said alcohol.

“Well that’s something at least. Do you know if he’s seeing anyone? Or will he be the prime candidate to be the 40,000th Bachelor?”
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:35 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

A conversation between Golzar and Gerhard:

“Hypothetically speaking if you told a new recruit to wash the floor just a little bit, and they decide to flood the training grounds saying we didn’t need training grounds anyway, what would you have to say to convince everyone they’re in the wrong?”

“I’d kick the recruit out of the company,” Gerhard deadpanned.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley