z

Young Writers Society

Introduce an Alien to [blank]

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue May 15, 2018 1:12 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

So I got this idea several weeks. I was stepping out of the shower, and for some reason said "And that, my friends, is the shower," as though I were giving a tour. THEN I had this thought: If you were showing an Alien around Earth, what would you introduce to them first? What would their reaction be? Would they be surprised and delighted by our inventions, or disgusted at our primitive life-style?

So I told my good friend @Hattable about this idea, and we sorta were brainstorming good ways to make this into a sort of writer game! His Idea was as follows:

1. One person posts something to introduce an Alien to- some for of technology: a car, a notebook, Oreos, dresses, smartphones- whatever you want! (I'll start us off with something)

2. The NEXT person then writes a little thing about *someone* introducing that thing to an Alien! It can be as short or as long as you'd like! Just remember to post it here so we can read it! C: And don't forget, after you write a thing, remember to also put a new thing for the next person to introduce to an Alien! XP

Wanna try?

----

Okay, here's what I'd like to see an Alien introduced to:

Microwave!
100% autistic

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

"And this is where I put my breakfast burritos," I say, gesturing grandly to the grimy microwave installed above my kitchen stove.

The alien nods, buggy eyes wider than normal as it approaches the microwave and presses a couple of buttons. It prods at the 'Open' button and the small windowed door pops out. The alien hops back in surprise, spewing a short string of gurgled shouts.

"Don't worry," I tell it. "That's just how we get the burritos in." I hold up a packaged burrito and place it in the microwave to demonstrate, then remove it and set it on the counter, gesturing for the alien to try.

The alien nods again, then turns and glances into the other room. Before I can figure out just what it's got on its mind, the alien is unlatching the gate to my hamster cage and fishing its hand about for the rodent. The alien snatches the squealing, snapping fur-ball up and rushes back over to the microwave, fist raised, ready to toss the hamster right in.

"Whoa! What're you doing?!" I cry, leaping in front of the microwave and holding my hands out. "That's not a breakfast burrito!"

--

My word for you is: Treadmill
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@Hattable bahaha

--

The alien wanders down the hallway and disappears into a room on the right. I hurry to keep up with it. When I enter the room, it's poking the treadmill.

"Welcome to the exercise room," I say. "It used to be my sister's room, but when she moved out my parents decided to stick some equipment in here and smash their New Years' resolutions."

The alien runs a slimy finger across the treadmill's surface, leaving a snake of slime through the layers of dust.

"As you can see, that didn't go as planned. Humans are intrinsically lazy creatures. Anyway, here. I'll show you how it works."

I bend down and plug in the treadmill, then climb on and push a button to get it started. It beeps like the microwave, grabbing the alien's attention.

Without warning, I'm shoved to the side as the alien takes my place on the treadmill and frantically jabs at the buttons, making gurgling noises in delight. I scramble to my feet and try to stop the machine before—

The alien slips backwards and its body slams into me.

--

iPod
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
— A.A. Milne