z

Young Writers Society

Review-Off

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:00 am
Atticus says...

We've all been in that situation where we're not in the mood to review. Sometimes, that mood can last for only a few hours; other times, it can take upwards of a month to go away. But reviewing is part of what makes YWS so wonderful, and there are dozens of authors out there who are waiting patiently for their work to get bumped out of the Green Room or just receive an extra review!

A review-off adds some friendly competition into the mix to give you some extra encouragement to stop putting off your reviewing! When there's a clear goal in mind, it can be a lot easier to accomplish a task, like reviewing. Review-offs also have a specific reward, so that's another incentive to win.

Here's how a review-off works:
1) All those who wish to participate leave a message on this forum that says something like "I wish to participate." Please don't be ambiguous. If you want to participate, leave something that cannot be misinterpreted, and if you're still interested in this but can't commit right now, please make it clear that you would not like to be paired up with someone.
2) Once 4 or more people have replied, I will use a random generator to pair you with somebody who will be your 'reviewing competitor'.
3) Once you're paired up, there are some more logistics to work out. Between the two of you, work out how long the competition will last, when it will start & end, any limitations, and if you will be competing for the number of points earned or the number of reviews total.
4) As far as points go, you and your partner will agree on an amount. The loser will pay the victor that agreed-upon amount at the end of the contest. Make sure everybody knows at what time the contest will start, and make sure that all rules are clear.
5) If there are any disagreements that you cannot resolve among yourselves, you can bring the problem to me if it's an issue of a polite disagreement. As always, if someone is being inappropriate through this set-up, you can talk to me and also to someone with a name in light green, dark green, or red, and they will take appropriate actions. 6) Go out there and review, review, review! Try and collect that W for the honor and the prize!

So, who's up for the challenge?
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice