Young Writers Society

Whats in your Characters Closet?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 pm
View Likes
LucytheBrave says...

Hello Fellow Writers!

I love making pages and pages of information about characters in the stories I write. One thing I love to do is design what my characters closet would look like.

For Example:

Female, Age 16
Closet: Graphic Tees for bands she likes hung up and organized by color, Ripped Jeans and Shorts, six sets of identical black leggings, three black hoodies, two pairs of sneakers, a closet organizer full of bandanas, headbands, hairclips, bracelets, scarves, and other brightly colored accessories. Also: An old suitcase, a blue notebook. A red bow tie which she never wears. In a small container in the back corner is full of clothes she no longer wears.

So later , me and my friends started playing a writing game where one person designs a closet and the others try to discern the characters personality from their closet.

So for anyone whose interested: Design your own closet, or try to create a character from one.

Hope you enjoy!

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:36 am
View Likes
Leo says...

Hm..I'll just design a closet.
Let's see.

Male, Age: 15

Closet: There's not much hung up in there. Some formal wear: One tuxedo outfit, a few pairs of pants, a hanger filled with ties and bow ties, a blazer that's bigger than the tux with an emblem for a school he doesn't attend and three white shirts, one with an orange stain.

On the ground of his closet is a different story. There's a pile of clothes in one corner that includes the following: at least two pairs of tights, a red crop top, 2 polo shirts, a jersey, The Emo Trinity T-shirts, tank tops, a turtleneck, shorts, jeans, an aviator jacket, something that looks like a thong, and drop crotch pants. On the other side of the closet is a pile of accessories like: two wigs, some dresses, two pairs of heels and a make-up set. In the centre, there are two pairs of sneakers and a pair of formal shoes.
"You have no reason to settle for average when you are capable of phenomenal."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue May 15, 2018 2:04 pm
View Likes
Jevan13 says...

Let's see...

Male, Age 17

Closet: Five tuxedos, all with a different colored shirts (red, blue, white, yellow and orange), the jackets are all black save for one blue one and a red one. Behind the tuxedo rack are suits of casual wear, tight fitting, long sleeved shirts with matching pants and jeans. His drawer has the short sleeved stuff, but no shorts, he likes his legs covered.
" The power behind muscles pales in comparison to that of the mind. Willpower is everything" -Jevan

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed May 16, 2018 2:18 pm
View Likes
LadyAstella says...

Hmmm,

Female, age 15

Closest: 10 pairs of sweatshirts, all different colors (red, blue, green, purple, orange, and 5 black ones), 4 pairs of black leggings thrown in the corner of her room. 2 chokers (black and rainbow), 2 LGBTQ pride crop tops, 2 pairs of converse scatter her floor. 5 pairs of glasses (4 are old pairs) sit in a box on her dresser. Lots and LOTS of fuzzy socks and ankle socks. She likes her wardrobe but still feels self conscious.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed May 16, 2018 2:25 pm
Bellarke says...

Uhhh...

Female, age 17

Closet: She is so random.

Shirts: Black crop tops, Band tees, and hoodies.

Pants: Leggings, Skinny jeans, sweats, and booty shorts.

Dresses: She hates dresses but she has one for when she goes to huge important parties, a big blood red ball gown and she has one for other parties, A short black dress that cuts off at the knees.

Shoes: She has all colored converse, and a few pair of combat boots, and slippers that she wears when is is at home.
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

"What's in your character's closet?"

- my character

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed May 16, 2018 7:47 pm
View Likes
LucytheBrave says...

LadyBird wrote:"What's in your character's closet?"

- my character

this is the greatest thing I have ever heard thank you for this you just made my life what

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:17 am
View Likes
NerdTrash6000 says...

I'm kinda curious...so I'll try it.

Female, Age 17

Closet: Organization does not exist. Several thick sweaters, jackets, and hoodies are hung up in the closet, most bland in color, save for one purple sweater, fuzzy in texture, but still soft. The floor of the closet is littered with pairs of jeans, some with rips, several sets of identical shorts, socks in a pile, all of them mismatched. There's a tiny door in the back of her closet held shut by a closet organizer filled with several specimens of a rock collection, trinkets, anime merchandise (which are mostly plushies), and fashion accessories like chokers, bracelets, earrings, necklaces. One pair of sneakers, a pair of brown dress-up shoes. There are alien heads painted on the threshold of the closet.
May the sunlight always find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, and thy roots be strong.

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:05 pm
View Likes
erilea says...

Female, age 15

Closet: It's a small closet and mostly organized. Although she's usually pretty messy, you can tell she's trying to be neat here. Plain clothing in monochromatic colors (and brown). Lots of thick cloaks and loose shirts. A small collection of black leather boots on a rack on one side. There are also some worn brown gloves on the rack that she wears every day. No jewelry except for one small beaded necklace that are all her parents can afford.
At the very back of the closet, buried beneath a pile of underclothes, is a horse figurine collection in a small box. In it are clay horse that she sculpted when she was little, a wooden horse carved by the village carpenter, a cloth horse her mother sewed for her, and many more. She hasn't taken the box out in years, and it's now covered with dust.
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:21 pm
View Likes
leslieloo says...

Male: 18

Closet: It's pretty unorganized: Top shelf full of sports gear such as basketballs, footballs, helmets, trophies, and posters of Lebron James. Clothes are all over the place. Has very little amount of school uniforms. Some packs of unlit cigarettes. A safe to put in his money and other belongings including an unread Bible
Whatever you've been told, you're worth more than gold.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:46 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Character: Ren from Mutant Families (he's 21)

Closet: two drawers full of clothes stuffed under his bunk bed. His wardrobe is mainly white and off-white plain t-shirts and jeans or slacks. Because of the sci-fi/ kaiju setting of Mutant Families, he also has something called a battle suit, which he doesn't keep in his regular wardrobe, but in a store room that he shares with his siblings. The battle suit is made of a futuristic material that can be folded, but can also harden, like a motorcycle helmet. He also has a sewing kit he uses for mending, which he usually keeps under the bed alongside those two drawers.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:42 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Character: Noah (m31)

Closet: He's a teacher, so he has a lot of shirts in muted colours, and some varying grey/blue/black sweaters that go over the top. They're all organised in colour order, washed and freshly ironed before being hung.
His personal clothes (rather than his professional) aren't that much more exciting. Noah values comfort over style and more often than not if he finds something he likes he will buy it in multiple colours.
All his drawers are organised with separators, to the point his socks are balled and lined in neat rows.
At the back, in an old box are some of the tops he wore as a teenager/young adult. The box is dusty from lack of movement, but he can't bring himself to throw it away.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:38 pm
View Likes
fantasies says...

a character i never wrote the story for so i removed the text :)
Last edited by fantasies on Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:22 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Character: Railyn Yora - from multiple roleplays

Closet: not very many shirts except some old ones he's kept onto. Lots of clothing that are autumnal colors. There's only a bit that's actually organized (which is what he chooses to wear) and the rest is stuffed into piles on the corners. Posters of boybands that he's too embarrassed to stick onto his walls. Also, he's in the metaphorical closet XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Life is a banana peel and I am the fool who dared to tread on it.
— looseleaf