Young Writers Society

Challenge Your Imagination?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 am
View Likes
Basil says...

We all ask ourselves, at least once, "Where did I come up with this idea?"

Or someone will ask us where we came up with an absurd idea for a plot. Or because we've just explained an idea in such detail, and the person you're explaining it to can't quite fathom how you came up with it all.

We have one thing to thank for all that. Our imagination. It comes and goes as it pleases, and isn't easily controlled. It works in its own magical ways, and we just have to hope for the best when we consult our imagination. Sometimes it doesn't want to talk back (we call this writer's block) then other times it has a lot to say (this is when we're up till 3 in the morning writing because we just ... gotta ... get this idea ... out before we ... lose it).

So, I propose a challenge for your imagination. I'm going to give you a random picture, and you gotta write a paragraph or two, maybe a page, that includes the subject of the picture. It doesn't have to be about the picture, and it doesn't have to be the main theme. It does, however, have to be the main spark of inspiration. You have to look at the picture and be inspired. And then write something. Not a couple of sentences, though. Like, a good chunk of something. If you have writer's block, this might be something fun (or agonising) to do too ^^

Soooo any challengers?
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:30 am
GoldenQuill says...

Yes, this sounds fun! I'd love to take on this task!
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

24 Reviews

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:43 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@GoldenQuill

Here is your picture. Enjoy. c:

56889534eb5ec00a9a06a4e0a59429ee.jpg
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:33 am
Vellichor says...

MEMEMEMEMemEMEmEMEEmEMemEMEmEE

....... @Basil Me.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

24 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Hahaha okay Vell xD

@Vellichor here's your picture

randomosity 5.jpg
randomosity 5.jpg (7.66 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Of course I am.
Why?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:37 pm
Vellichor says...

@Basil When I'm finished should I post it here or elsewhere?
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

24 Reviews

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:40 pm
Basil says...

@Vellichor here is fine, if you want to ^^
Of course I am.
Why?

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:57 am
Dracula says...

Could I have one, please?
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

24 Reviews

Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 pm
Basil says...

Of course @Dracula

Here you go:

eaddb75f059b83825190db45c0cf514d.jpg
Of course I am.
Why?

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 pm
View Likes
Dracula says...

Thanks, Basil! Here's my little story:

Spoiler! :
"Look at those abs!" Amanda fanned herself with one of the many catalogues she and her friend were drooling over. "Dayum!"
"Tell me about it." Bethany held up another page, blowing kisses at the picture of a half-naked model. "Steal me away any day, baby."
Amanda's cat, Faun, jumped onto the bed. The feline rubbed up against her owner, but was ignored. She meowed, but Amanda was too busy swooning over advertisements to notice.
"There's Ashley!" Bethany looked out the window at a car which had just pulled up. "Wait until she sees these beauties."
Faun leapt at the window-sill, hoping Bethany would acknowledge her existence. She arched her back and purred, inviting the scratch, but the human just returned to her catalogues.
Faun wagged her tail in frustration. How was she to get the humans to cuddle her? They were too obsessed with the pieces of paper...
Faun had an idea. She climbed back onto the bed and pranced over to the catalogue Amanda was reading. Then she sat on it.
"Faun!" Amanda moaned. The feline purred, feeling its success, but then the girl's arm soared towards it and pushed poor Faun onto the floor. Faun yowled in dismay.
"Hola, ladies!" Ashley entered the room, holding a shopping bag in each hand. She plonked them on the bed.
"Oh. Em. Gee!" Faun noticed the girls abandon their catalogues and look at the bags instead.
"Woo-hoo," Bethany whistled, "Look at those angels!" The shopping bags showed zoomed-in photos of practically naked men with bulging muscles, and the girls were won over.
"Angels?" Amanda grabbed her heart. "They'll make devils out of us."
"I know!" Ashley said. "The bags were the only reason I purchased from a men's underwear store."
"You didn't!" Amanda gasped.
"I did!"
While the three friends swooned over the shopping bags, another idea popped into Faun's mind. And Faun was certain this one would succeed. The cat pounced back onto the bed, and leapt into one of the bags. Then the feline leant its head over the side so it looked connected to the model's body.
"Oh, you silly cat!" Bethany giggled.
"Look at that!" Ashley pulled out her phone to take a photo. "Stay right where you are, kitty!"
Faun purred with accomplishment when Amanda giggled and started stroking her fingers through its fur. "Oh Faun, you clever cat."
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

24 Reviews

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:50 am
Basil says...

Hahaha aww nice one @Dracula!! Hope you enjoyed. If you want another picture just let me know ^^
Of course I am.
Why?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:44 am
View Likes
Kiran7 says...

Once upon atime there were two cats,furry and quite.Both posses the same qualities but different nature.One was playful and adventurous while,other was a little shy and intense.One day, while playing they got a stone which has the ability to turn this world. They started wondering how to use it....
After few days they met with a witch who told them about the stone.It was like a living being who choose its own owner.It had the power to create anything which our mind thinks of.The playful one introduced the mountains, forests to wander while another created houses, water bodies so we can relax.

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author