Young Writers Society

Secret Santa 2016 Sign-Ups

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:15 am
Dracula says...

Will our santas be picked soon?
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:56 am
Aley says...

Some time after the 15th they will be picked and assigned @Dracula it just depends on how much time Iggy has to do it.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:08 am
Iggy says...

Like I said in the main post, sign ups close on the 15th. Please PM future questions to me, as I would like to keep this thread clutter-free. ^^
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:07 pm
View Likes
ofmonstersandmen1234 says...

ofmonstersandmen1234:
Hrafn:
Anything Goth, languages, culture:
blue, black:
Chatrooms:
Paralysed age, Heartless, lost, heroes, the originals:
Old Icelandic Sagas, or the vampire diaries:
Graphic or Writing: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
[b} Anything that is not listed above.:[/b] As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.
IDK:
[user][/user]

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:43 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

Username: KaiRyu
Name/Alias: Kai! ^-^
Interests: Writing, reading, I love birds, inventing, technology, robotics, ART, calligriphy!! :D
Color Preferences: Black and blue! :P
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: In the storybooks! :3
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I love, love, LOVE Oliver, Bobby Darin, Miku, The Property Brothers, GRAVITY FALLS, Star Vs the forces of evil, The Pumpkin March( song by Oliver), Rolling girl (Song by Miku), Invisible (Song by Oliver), Firefly's (song by Oliver)!! :D
Favorite Books/Fandoms: MAXIMUM RIDE!! The Home for Peculiar Children, WARRIOR CATS, Asylum, The Lunar Chronicles,
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. Drawing would be good, but I don't really care! :3
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal. I'll accept anything! ^-^ (Unless it be like SUPER girly...)
Other: Have fun with this!! :P
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:27 pm
View Likes
TheMarauderBandit says...

Username: themarauderbandit
Name/Alias: banda/bandy/mara
Interests: crying over snakes, music, history, cute animals, bees! HISTORY. ( shout out to ww2 )
Color Preferences: blue, silver, gold.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: the chat!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: artists: lin manuel-miranda, sleeping at last. songs: saturn, adagio for strings, lose yourself, lilac wine. shows: steven universe, bob's burgers.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: the mysterious benedict society, the road, the great gatsby, unbroken. fandoms: hamilton fandom ( because i am trash ), steven universe, sherlock, pretty much every other fandom that doesn't involve cartoon characters.
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. all of the above ! give me a paperclip for all i care! i love ! presents !
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: disliked fandoms: homestuck, supernatural, any anime(that isn't steven universe).
Other: PS. my favoritest character of all time is princess leia, JUST SAYIN'.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:28 pm
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Username: jumpingsheep
Name/Alias: Emily
Interests: Writing, listening to music, playing the flute (and I'm learning ukulele!). One of my favorite things to do is find new music.
Color Preferences: sky blue and electric green
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Probably in Storybooks!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: My favorite shows are currently Star Wars Rebels and Mr. Robot. My spotify playlist is posted in my "about me" and it has all my favorite songs and artists!
Favorite Books/Fandoms: My fandoms include Doctor Who, Mr. Robot, Sherlock, Gravity Falls, Star Wars, Hamilton, Welcome to Nightvale, and Stranger Things! My favorite books are The Kite Runner, Maximum Ride, the Legend Series, Fahrenheit 451, and Harry Potter.
Preferred Type of Gift: I'm literally cool with anything! Drawings, playlists, gif sets, it's all good! Although I am mostly a sucker for drawings and playlists.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: N/A :)
Other: My favorite movies are Intersteller, Moana (I just saw it the other night!), Guardians of the Galaxy, The Martian, Star Wars, How to Train Your Dragon, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Imitation Game, Pump Up The Volume, Red Dawn (the original) Yay secret santa!
hello there

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:43 pm
View Likes
Junel says...

Username: Junel
Name/Alias:
Interests: Reading, Writing, listening to music, designing dresses, procrastination composing music, animals, movies, not doing school work , skiing, traveling, photography (digital and film), coding
Color Preferences: pink, black, white, violet, light/mint blue, maroon
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: reviewing people's works from the green room
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
Artist: 21 pilots, Coldplay, Stromae
Show: sherlock, doctor who, downton abbey, merlin, (anything by BBC),
Movies: any from below fandoms (NOT Percy Jackson)
Favorite Books/Fandoms:
harry potter, to kill a mockingbird, Percy Jackson (everything by Rick Riordan), I am the messenger, me earl and the dying girl, john green's books, the hunger games, star wars, Disney, Narnia, my own books , Marvel, Pixar, the selection series, lots more I can't name them all
Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever you can put together will be awesome!!! Whatever your talents are, show them off!!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: N/A
Other: Have fun and I can't wait to get my gift. :) Happy Holidays!!
Slainté.
-Junel

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:20 am
View Likes
JosephGeorge says...

Username: JosephGeorge
Name/Alias: Joseph + George
Interests: Writing, books, writing, eating, writing, gym, writing, epic stuff, and writing.
Color Preferences: Purple is favorite color; love to wear grey; maroon is casual, but still cool.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The Green Room!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: "Game of Thrones;" "Jack Johnson."
Favorite Books/Fandoms: "Les Miserables;" "The Book Thief."
Preferred Type of Gift: BE CREATIVE :D
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Anything goes, just as long as it's heartfelt, and you did your best.

Other: Oh, and if you couldn't tell from my aviie, I am a redhead freak. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Thanks!
I #WotRT do you?

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, wondering why I ever came to this miserable planet. Then I look at you, and it all makes sense."

933 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:07 am
Iggy says...

- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:17 am
Iggy says...

This is now closed. PMs are being sent.
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:43 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Just a quick update to let you all know that, unfortunately, my elves have a few backup gifts to make. Please give us a few days and once those gifts have been sent out, I will open this thread back up and allow everyone to reveal themselves if they wish to. Please don't reveal yourself until I give the okay. :)
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hey guys! So I'm a bit disappointed because backup gifts had to be made because I really wanted to keep a streak going from last year, when we didn't have to make any backup gifts. Regardless, majority of y'all turned in your gifts so thank you all so much! You can now reveal yourselves if you desire to, but you don't have to if you don't want to. :)

I'll start us off by saying @Craz, I hope you liked your gifts. :)
- Lewis Carroll

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:08 am
Wolfi says...

I was both @KaiRyu and @KiraThePotatoChip's secret santa! I hope you guys enjoyed receiving your gifts, and Happy New Year! <3
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:24 am
View Likes
Rook says...

@Carina so glad you enjoyed it haha
I wonder who you thought it might be? :D
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

Who knew Kansas City had its own branch of the Yakuza?
— Jason Sudeikis