z

Young Writers Society

My character would be friends with....

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:11 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I was thinking about this recently as I was reading a new YA book. I love the MC and I realized I love her because she really reminds me of the MC of the book I just finished writing. So new game for some fun connections!

Who would your characters be friends with? Give the name of the character (and the story they come from if you wish), who they would be friends with (from which book), and why.

My character Liz (Liz + Zac) would be friends with Anna (Naked by Stacey Trombley) because they're both really sarcastic and use that sarcasm to hide what's going on inside. They both ran away, they both have strained relationships with their parents, and they've both made some questionable life choices. I think they would have a lot to talk about :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:09 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Katrina (from my novelette in progress) would probably at least be able to empathize with Ender (from Ender's Game). They were both selected as children for leadership positions against their better judgement and put through hardships and situations they could barely manage for the 'greater good'. Katrina would at least attempt to be his friend and might even succeed, on the ground basis of the fact that they are both lonely and stressed out from the situation of power they are in.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun May 29, 2016 7:54 pm
Ljungtroll says...

My antagonist, Brother Hartfin (Merin of Elerod), would most likely be friends with the Scarecrow (Batman). They are both men of extreme intelligence, though from different worlds entirely. They would both take pleasure in a good cup of coffee and a discussion of their various defeats at the hands of the heroes, and Hartfin would probably have a few tips for the Scarecrow on drawing your target into a sense of false security.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun May 29, 2016 11:21 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

I have a stupid old novel that is written partially in the present and partially in the World War Two era. The main character is part of another novel, Emily McGovern/Emira Von Hammersmith, depending on the location. The only time Emily spends on Earth post end of the world is in 1938-1946.
One of my favorite YA novels is Hitler's Secret. Really I think my character would relate to both Otto and Leni. To both, the time period and also the responsibility resting on her shoulders. To Otto, they both know the loss of everything. They can both also talk their ways out of bad situations. To Leni, the struggle o interacting with agents who doubt her. Also watching allies fall to the Gestapo (and other enemies in general).
I can also even compare her to the Gestapo major because they both have a moment of doubt before killing someone. (Yes this is a novel with violence.). At one point the Major almost stops his hunt and gives mercy. That ends after 30 seconds but supports an idea in some of my spy works, even the darkest can be redeemed.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon May 23, 2022 7:41 am
Liminality says...

If Ren (Mutant Families) was younger, he'd probably be friends with someone like Blackie (from Graham Greene's The Destructors) or Ralph (from William Golding's Lord of the Flies). Ren is someone who prefers to be told what to do, so he'd gravitate towards people who gravitate towards leadership.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson