z

Young Writers Society

Juniper Contest

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Fri May 29, 2015 11:53 pm
Pretzelstick says...

So I thought that I would make this thread for our upcoming review contest that @TimmyJake @Wolfare1 and I (Pretzelsing) are doing. Sorry, but no one else can particulate or add on to this.

This thread is for thoughts, updates,questions, and posting of numbers. Remember that we go through June 1-July 1st and it's to see the number of reviews that you write wins.

Welcome to the Juniper challenge and get ready for some competitiveness. :P
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

346 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:05 am
Pretzelstick says...

BEGINNING NUMBER NOTED

Here's the number of reviews that you have as of June 1st:
Pretzelsing-225
@Wolfare1-474
@TimmyJake-921

I know that or leaderboards will help us but I just wanted to now this before we start. I would suggest that you subscribe for this thread (Just so that I don't have to tag you everytime)
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:18 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

(I like how it seems to exponentially increase up the list... >.> Algebra 2 is getting to me.

I've also already subscribed.)
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:39 pm
TimmyJake says...

I haven't subscribed yet, but I shall.

Good luck to all of youuu
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

1007 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:13 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

IT'S WORKING.

Like, really working. This contest is perfect to get me back into reviewing. By the middle of the months, I'm sure I'll have found my old pace once again. Feels good.

How's the reviewing going for you two?
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

767 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:17 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

It's going pretty alright for me. Could be better, but meh. I'm settling in as well xD

Glad it's helping you out as well. Have any particular goals for the month? (You too, Pretz?)

[she/her]

346 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:59 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Well this does really motivate me. I am going on portfolio dig to my friends and followers and trying to review their old short stories. Also my goal I to get my 5th star by the end of the month,which is 18 more reviews which I think that I can manage. Overall I am thoroughly enjoying this challenge. Here is the updated score:
Pretz: 7
Timmy: 6
Wolf: 6
Last edited by Pretzelstick on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~George R. Martin

got yws?

346 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:06 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Oh yeah, and I also wanted to note that a camp for me is upcoming. From June 22 to June 26 I will be on an overnight camp with no wifi or internet acess(it's like gadget-free camp).I wanted to go anyways. Just a heads up about that.
~George R. Martin

got yws?

1007 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:26 pm
TimmyJake says...

I HAVE SIX, THANKYOUVERYMUCH

I think my goal is about 70 for the month, just like I used to do reviewing. That'll help me get back into things, and then I can keep my motivation.
Thanks for the heads up, Pretz! hehe I'mma beat you while you're gone
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

767 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:29 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'ma beat both of you while you're here :3 (My goal is my next blue star, which is indeed 70 reviews.)

[she/her]

346 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:42 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Sorry for the miscalculation Timmy. While we're on the topic, does anyone want to brainstorm for a potential prize that we should get?
~George R. Martin

got yws?

1007 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:50 pm
TimmyJake says...

I was just kidding, Pretzel. xD
(Actually, did I have six? I thought I did, but... >>)

Um, we could all make a pool of points - like maybe three thousand apiece, and at the end of the contest, the winner takes it all?
Or something more original. We have a while to talk about this. :3

My goal is my next star and beyond! Love what's coming out of this already~
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

767 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:04 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Well, points wouldn't probably be the biggest incentive, as each of our reviews are definitely full point reviews (100, 150, 175, etc.) and if we even got a minimum of 50 reviews, that's still 5,000 points right there (along with already starting off with over 5,000 points each).

I wouldn't know what a better prize would be, though, motivating wise. Personally, though, I'm striving to win for bragging rights ^^

Be warned. Tomorrow a storm is coming your way ;)

[she/her]

1007 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:20 pm
TimmyJake says...

Tomorrow? o.0 I'll be prepared for it then. xD and maybe expect some retaliation in the form of reviews

That's true. >> And I've never had a problem with points, and you have uh 50,000, sooo maybe another idea? A good prize is bragging rights, of course. xD
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

767 Reviews

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:18 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I think we should do like a weekly sort of update that looks a little something like this:

THIS WEEK:
Pretzelsing: 10 Reviews
TimmyJake: 10 Reviews
Wolfare1: 9 Reviews

TOTAL:
First ~ Pretzelsing & TimmyJake: 10 Reviews - TIED
(Estimates Reviews for the Month: 40)
Second ~ Wolfare1: 9 Reviews
(Estimates Reviews for the Month: 36)

(Every Monday.) So, THIS WEEK would tell how many reviews were done that week, while TOTAL would be, duh, the total. Though, for estimated reviews, it would measure up based on the total, so if I step it up and do 43 reviews next week (which I won't, I swear >.> ), then my estimated reviews would jump to 104 instead. Then the next week, when I only do 11, it will go back down to 84. See what I mean? Just a fun little weekly update ^^

EDIT: Yeah, it's invalid now, but still >.>

[she/her]

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind