z

Young Writers Society

Send me a Prompt

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:13 pm
kingofeli says...

I really need to get back into writing, so in order to do that, I want you guys to send me some prompts! You can either quote one and post it here, or send it to me via PM. Here are the prompts;

I wasn't scared. I mean, sure, I jumped but that was just a habitual response. I wasn't scared. In fact, I've never been scared a day in my life. You wouldn't think...

He could feel its prickly tendrils poking through the thin cotton of his denim pockets. He wanted to remove it but was afraid...

The sweet scent of gardenias mingled with beer made me want to retch. I fought the urge as they looked in my direction. Were they looking at me? Or was it my wild imagination taking over again. One of the men nodded in my direction. Yep, they were looking at me. Of course it could be something as harmless as commenting on the weird girl (that be me) staring at them but chances...

June was never particularly exciting in our neighborhood. Not until the summer Rachel and Owen moved in next store. It was...

She kept picking at it. First her index finger to gain entry. Followed by all of them. Digging deeper and deeper despite the increasing pain. Logically she knew she should stop. It kept...

I wasn't sure why I decided to visit Charlie when I did. But looking back it seemed kismet that I should show up when I did. He really...

The hand sized moth wings flutter around his face. Tenderly, at first, then...

"Stop yanking on my arm!" screeched Alice. She pulled her tender arm across her chest and...

He whispered in Dan's ear, "You are in for a real surprise when..."

Her eyes followed the line of the shiny tools laid strategically from left to right on the wooden table in front of her. The tips of her fingers wandered over the handles as if trying to decide which one felt...

"Dusk was long gone and the cafe was quiet except for a middle-aged man sitting near the door who..."

Gossip can either make or break a woman's career. Unfortunately there is a fine line between good gossip and bad gossip. The trick is being able to manipulate both in your favor. I had become a master gossip manipulator by the time I was 23 but by the time I was 27 things had gone haywire. It all started when I picked up...

I was waiting at the bus stop, sucking back an Iced Capp, the first time I saw Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome among the other construction workers. I know this because it is pretty much what do every day on the way to work. The only difference today was that one of the guys fell from the scaffolding. He literally fell like a rag doll except his body didn't make a rag doll noise when it hit the pavement. Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome was the first to reach the body. For some reason he looked across the street at me and mouthed...

Sex is not the only thing that happens in airplane bathrooms. Of course there are the obvious other bodily functions but I am talking about the other things no one talks about. The primping, the flushing of contraband, and for me, pre-flight panic attacks. Every time I board a plane I stuff my bag in the overhead compartment above my seat then make a beeline for the bathroom where I hyperventilate until someone bangs on the door or I pass out. Ok, I only passed out once but it is always a possibility. On the flight back from Phoenix I was especially...

In all my twenty-five years I had never been so confused as I was at that moment. Not quite the reaction a man hopes to see in a woman's face when he professes his love but what is a girl to think when the guy she grew up with and thought she knew suddenly talks about love when he should be...

I hate clowns. But mostly I hate people who make me explain why I hate clowns and the look on their face when I...

I used to be a friendly child. I would think nothing of stopping and chatting with neighbors on our block on the way home from school or back from the store to get milk. It is amazing how one incident with one person can change your perspective of all. When the nameless old man from down the street reached over his fence and grabbed my wrist like a snake snatching its prey I remember feeling sick to my stomach and the intense satisfaction in his eyes as he...

There is nothing more uncomfortable when you are driving down a deserted stretch of highway with a full bladder. Guys have it easy, they can pull over anywhere, discreetly pull it out and go. Women, women have a production of untying, zipping, pulling and who knows what else. Not to mention we have to worry about some freak jumping out of the bushes. But I couldn't hold it anymore. In hindsight, I should have just peed my pants and kept going but how could I know...

Maxie's deft fingers pulled at the hair wire sewn into the tweed jacket. Now that she had the information she needed it had to be removed before...

The worst part of an unhealthy relationship is not the years of stagnation, it is following through with your decision to end it. And with a long term relationship is not only the couple who are affected. The shared friends, the extended family all end up bruised. The day I ended it with Mike I...
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:17 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

I couldnt take care of myself much less my 2 year old sister but we managed.

She tried to live her life to fullest. Hell she was a dancer! And here i am with her beating heart in my chest and im a failure. She didnt deserve to die, I did.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

60 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:21 pm
kingofeli says...

ForgottenMemories wrote:I couldnt take care of myself much less my 2 year old sister but we managed.

She tried to live her life to fullest. Hell she was a dancer! And here i am with her beating heart in my chest and im a failure. She didnt deserve to die, I did.

Is it alright if I only do one, @ForgottenMemories ?

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:25 pm
Amnesia says...

Of course. :) @kingofeli
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:45 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Can I send you some inspiring songs ( that could potentially be used as prompts )?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHZBKl7KPw

This is commonly known as an inspirational song... but I thought I give it anyway. Also I liked how the YouTuber displayed it, and I like the touch of humour he adds to his text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26U_seo0a1g

So this is an actual inspirational video, XP I'm not sure why I'm sending you these, but oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2o8F2MOuI

I fined this funny... it's like five minutes, but if you start watching, you need to watch it to the end.

That's all I've got. :-P Sorry it's kind of random! >.<
100% autistic

60 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:26 pm
View Likes
kingofeli says...

Holysocks wrote:Can I send you some inspiring songs ( that could potentially be used as prompts )?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHZBKl7KPw

This is commonly known as an inspirational song... but I thought I give it anyway. Also I liked how the YouTuber displayed it, and I like the touch of humour he adds to his text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26U_seo0a1g

So this is an actual inspirational video, XP I'm not sure why I'm sending you these, but oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2o8F2MOuI

I fined this funny... it's like five minutes, but if you start watching, you need to watch it to the end.

That's all I've got. :-P Sorry it's kind of random! >.<

Thanks for the songs! I'll be sure to look at them later.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:54 pm
View Likes
Firepower13 says...

The little girl was at my feet, crying. My heart wanted to soften, but I was beyond such things by then.

Money spun and danced in the air, shredded into pieces. We had succeeded, but at the same time, lost a great deal.
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Don't you have other things to do? Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:46 am
Apricity says...

I will give you some one-liners.

'She should have died yesterday.'

'The clock ticked and tocked, but it didn't move.'

'It was such a simple thing, a little rose picture made of stained glass, but, oh, the memories
it stirred.'
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb