z

Young Writers Society

Character Slumber party

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:52 pm
View Likes
JinxGrey says...

The main character is the most important part of any piece of writing.You have to nail there personality or the story wouldn't go the it should.If you don't understand your character and try to push them in to a scene then the story will fell forced.But if you ask your character about themselves then your story will have a nice outlook.

First,grab a pen and notebook.Then,pretend your main character is sitting next to you (you might want to think up what they look like first so it seems more realistic.)Lastly,ask them to following questions (you can make up your own too)

1)What's your heart's desire
2)What's your biggest fear
3)What's your favorite thing ever
4)What do think when you look in the mirror
5)Tell me about your family
6)What do like most about yourself

At first it might fell like its your own self coming up with the answers but once you get the hang of it,it will work wonders.Good luck!!
The poets are just kids that didn't make it~

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:05 pm
LadySpark says...

This sounds a lot like a chapter in the Spilling Ink. If anyone finds this activity helpful, I urge you to check out this amazing book!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

27 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:48 pm
JinxGrey says...

Actually I read the book and thought that chapter was really intriguing.I thought it would be helpful to the people who haven't read to put something from that book into a kind of quick read.I also encourage people to read Spilling Ink.

27 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:57 pm
View Likes
JinxGrey says...

This idea came from the novel Spilling ink.I don't claim this overall idea to be my own but I did word it my way.I used the idea because it's such a helpful activity and I didn't want the people who haven't read it to miss out on this wonderful activity.If you haven't read Spilling ink go and grab you a copy.Its a great book.

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:38 pm
MistressScarlett2 says...

that sounds interesting.
[b] There is nothing wrong with being creative, but you must be able to believe in yourself and know what you want to create.[/b] :wink:

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:37 pm
erilea says...

Should we post the answers on here?
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

Imagine if everybody had a little Wii sports Mii to say "Great Shot!" everytime they did something right.
— TheMythMaster