z

Young Writers Society

Take the Character

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:18 pm
View Likes
kingofeli says...

Basically, this is a game to help people get out of their comfort zone. The first person posts a character, and then the next person writes a small passage from a setting with the character/about the character. It'd go something like this:

Person 1 wrote:Billy: a small 12 year old kid with black skin, black hair, and brown eyes who plays baseball.

Person 2 wrote:Billy walked down the street, baseball in hand. There was a smile on his face and a nickel in his pocket. He would go down to the little corner store, buy himself a coke, and then come back to play a game or two with the boys...

The posts can be as long or as short as you want them to be, but please, for those who are writing passages, no shorter than 2 lines and no longer than 6 paragraphs! All of these characters are temporary, but if you really enjoy the character you "stole", feel free to keep them and write for them!
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:37 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

I love this idea, so I'm going to go straight in there with a character!

Name: Sam Welsh

Appearance: cropped blonde-brown hair, pale blue eyes, wide rectangular glasses, freckles, wears v-necked shirts and brown trousers.

Personality: socially awkward. Not good in crowds because of claustrophobia. Stammers because of nervousness.

HAVE FUN WITH HIM!
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:41 am
erilea says...

Sam Welsh gasped as he was given the news. Was he really going to recite The Raven in front of everyone? He stammered. And he got nervous in front of people. Why him?

Next Character: Lanie Foxx
Appearance: Short dark brown hair, brown eyes, average weight and height. Wears t-shirts or long-sleeved shirts and pants, doesn't usually wear dresses or skirts.
Personality: Very creative and fun-loving, cheerful and bright. Very smart, but downplays her accomplishments. Extremely talented in the arts.

There you go!
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost