Young Writers Society

Writing Crash Course?!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:29 pm
View Likes
mitzeee says...

Hey guys!

Okay so in the old writing website I was on, some of us did writing crash courses. Basically, what we would do is every week, the owner would post a new fun activity that you would have to complete in a certain amount of days - kinda like a school, but obviously more fun! Then the owner would almost be like a teacher - you'd be given a grade for effort and skill, a positive comment and a how you could improve comment.

If you didn't complete the work you would be given a strike, then if you got 3 strikes, you would be kicked out. I'm not so sure if I like this rule, but what do you guys think?

Also what activities would you like me do to, if I get enough people interested? I was thinking:

~ Easy ways to get ideas for stories
~ How to write a detailed plan
~ Expanding on character details

But obviously I only have three there which would only last a month at most! So if you're interested, tell me what you would like to see on the crash course and I'll try and include it! (:

~ mitzeee <3

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:50 pm
Aley says...

This sounds like an interesting idea. Rumor has it there will be a prewriting journal maker thing that sounds kinda like that soon here on YWS o.o

There's also the EmeraldEyes school which has been hosted in the lounge and in clubs for a little while.

Your idea sounds a little different because of the "crash course" aspect to it since you'll be having brief weeks that roughly cover the thing. I'd like to see you do a crash course in planning an essay personally, but I don't know if that's the sort of thing you're doing.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:27 am
r4p17 says...

Hmm... sounds interesting. I personally would like things such as how to plan, plot, and have realistic characters. The usual. But it would also be interesting to do some other things that would be a little more outside the box so to speak. I can't think of anything at the moment, though I will let you know if I have any ideas.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:14 pm
View Likes
mitzeee says...

Thankyou @Aley and @r4p17 for your feedback (: I am still considering ideas, so hopefully with a little bump to this thread, hopefully we'll have more people.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:12 am
fazalrabbi says...

Dear Sir/Madam
I need a guide and suggestion to improve my writing skill so that i need help from your side. This will be not benefit to learn of foreign language but also ability to understand the knowledge in foreign language .
I shall be thankful to you

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost