z

Young Writers Society

The Description Game

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:00 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

It was a delusional concept. It gave the idea that natural disasters were no more in the world we lived in - tsunami, earthquake, or wind storm were impossible to happen. The country was flawless - there was no rebellions, corrupted politicians, and major conflicts in politcs. In society, income disparity between the rich and the poor, racial issue involving difference in skin colours, and extreme conversative practice were foreign ideas. The environment was tempting - education and jobs for everyone, friendly manner in everyone. All of these summarized the concept of utopia.

The next word is "water".
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:17 am
View Likes
fukase says...

I feel cold, the winter water is drowning me. Inside I barely opened my eyes, seeing blurry images...bubbles? I put out my face off the bowl. My face goes numb, I can't open my mouth. I lick the water...it's salty because I filled the bowl with the frozen water; ice at the beach. I put sugar, it's becoming sweeter; I put some limes, it's getting sour. Water is wonderful as it could taste like anything you wanted, just try putting any flavor; it will change.

The next word is: "onomatopoeia"
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:50 pm
erilea says...

Hisss...
A coiled, scaly snake slithers across the fallen leaves and makes its way toward me. Its skinny pink tongue darts in and out of its mouth and its beady yellow eyes seem like they will never leave me. The snake hisses once more, a low threatening sound, and stops. It lifts its neck off the forest floor and waves a scaly head, still staring at me unblinkingly. The reptile's tale waves back and forth, as if attempting to hypnotize me. I back away, careful not to rustle the dead leaves.

The next word: paper.
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:20 pm
View Likes
sinistercutlass says...

Pure white, smelling of ozone, fresh and cool. I pressed the 8.5x11 sheet flat, and I dropped my skinny pencil across its empty white breadth. The wood clattered, and the lead grazed a mark on the surface.

For nearly twelve years, these have been my tools for breathing into (albeit, two-dimensional) existence the most interesting images, characters, and alternate realities my adolescent mind has been able to produce.

When I'm quiet and unrushed, and when I don't take things for granted, I think about how much I love the scent of promise that an empty, waiting, white sheet exudes; how much a newly sharpened point of graphite calms my nerves...

...it becomes clear to me that I've found my drug, and I am totally within its grasp.

New word: October

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 pm
erilea says...

I step outside, closing the door softly behind me.

The crisp, cool air hits me in the face as I stroll through my neighborhood. There's currently no one outside right now, and somehow I enjoy the feeling of being alone. The just-turning-red trees wave in the wind and some shed a few leaves.

Then a fiercer wind blows through, making me shiver. I pull my jacket tighter around me and walk on, scuffing the sidewalk with my tennis shoes. October is a good time.

Next word: light.
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun May 29, 2016 7:45 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I squint at the severely blinding light that flicks on every twelve hours. It makes me shudder to think of what that cold, demanding light means....
The guards always laugh when it flicks on; probably because they take joy in watching the angry whiteness cause and signify human suffering....or maybe they just like seeing me upset. I'll never know, I suppose; seeing as I'm next.

Next word: song
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

Reviews: 4
Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:01 pm
Melmo says...

His melodious words of hope bounce between the walls of this narrow hallway. His voice alone raises the hairs on the back of my neck, but it's the truth behind the words that provoke the goosebumps. A siren's voice can't even compare with the strength and brevity of his own song-like roar.

Next word: hero
For the love of creativity!

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:02 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Blonde hair, baby blue eyes, strong muscles covered in a skin-tight shirt, this is not a hero. A hero is someone who will do the right thing, even when it could have repercussions. A hero is the girl who speaks when her best friend is pushed to the ground by the runny-nosed kid. A hero is the stranger who pays for his groceries when he opens his wallet and finds it five dollars short. A hero is the one who stands up. Can you be a hero?

(One sentence extra, I know, but I just had to put up that closing. XD)

Your word... drumroll, please!..... Drum
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

Reviews: 1
Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:52 pm
AlexiaWolfe2020 says...

The drums were everywhere ;its beat ran in my blood, fierce yet calm. Can you hear the drums,sir? Can you? I can. I wont stop. The drums come after me eventhough they are a part of me.
(I know this is really bad im not sure if its really describing drums, if it isnt ignore this message and go to the next. If it isnt the next word is EYES)

Reviews: 3
Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:30 pm
Oniichansbunny says...

What makes those large emerald green beautiful, is never about color, nor size, nor shape. It is the soul that flows through her eyes, telling thousands stories of hers. How mesmerizing the beautiful broken betrayed soul can be...

The next word... fingers...!!! :D

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:17 pm
BeTheChange says...

The old pianist's fingers were tired from years of pressing the keys. She had given joy to many people at her concerts, but now it was time for them to give joy to her. The time was short, but her family did everything to make her happy.
"We love you, Auntie," one child said through tears.
The pianist slipped away.

Next word: Grass

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:23 am
View Likes
PickledChrissy says...

Young strands of grass stroke my feet. The dark green ground smiles upwards, at me and at the sky. The wind's gentle touch strokes my hair, pushing it away from the thin features that stare out at the world about her. Haunted... yes, that is what they called me. A betrayed soul. By a mother that reluctantly agreed to keep me. By a father that would not stay.

What do I call myself? I have no name. No true identity. Only a wish. Perhaps, someday, I shall succeed where they failed. Raise a family, a child that will feel love. For now I can only wish and dream. Let the television fill my mind, the school dictate my thinking. It is all that is there for me. All that I have.

Next word: penguins!
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat