Young Writers Society

What would your characters do?

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:17 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Den answers promptly, unfazed. "Restrain him and separate the two. Obviously."

Nora punches Den in the arm and pipes up, insulted. "What kind of stupid answer is that?! Da would never beat anyone!"

-

Your character is abducted by aliens.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:03 am
NewHope says...

"Lord. Have I not been traumatized enough? Haven't I been touched enough already? Haven't I been stolen away from home enough times? Why must you let someone new take? So they can fondle and probe. So I can be whisked away from home suffer the pain of a new type of torture," John cried out as the spaceship flew through the heavens.

"I've seen worse. Much worse. What would you do if a dead body came to life and bit you?"

91 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:59 pm
AlyTheBookworm says...

Kassia would shriek, fly three feet into the air like a scalded cat, then reflexively draw her sword and strike back.

-

Your character finds a little gift box on their bed, colorfully-wrapped and tied with a bow.
Last edited by AlyTheBookworm on Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

30 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:13 pm
NewHope says...

John carefully untied the bow and opened the box. He took a step back at the ghastly sight, "My lord." The missing head's mouth was open in a wide grin exposing its black rotting gums.

"What the heck do I do with this," John muttered.

91 Reviews

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:31 am
AlyTheBookworm says...

(Assuming the prompt is finding a decapitated head ? ._.)

Luisa goes white with fear and disgust, then quickly leave the room, trembling but silent. After regaining her composure, she calls her guards to dispose of the head and questions the servants to find out who entered her locked room to deliver such a gruesome 'gift'.

-

Your character gains the ability to read minds for a day.

30 Reviews

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:08 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

Exploring the mind of his father he finds a chasm of alcohol, destruction and death. “He killed his own cousin.”

”What the- Dad’s a murderer. What am I supposed to do now?”

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:25 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

@lehmanf
Spoiler! :
Heya, some of these prompts are getting pretty dark! Just a gentle reminder that forums need to be kept family friendly, and that if there's sensitive subject matter or a dark topic, a warning like this:

tw: death, murder

should be given.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:38 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Well, Rana couldn’t quite say she was surprised that her own father was capable of such cruelty, but she was disappointed by it. Yet another reminder that he was never going to be the man she needed him to be. And yet another sign that the greatest mark of success she’d ever achieve would be to be as completely opposite him as humanly possible.

~

Your character finds a small frog sitting on a mushroom

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:22 pm
View Likes
VengefulReaper says...

Coming back from a top-secret mission afraid you could possibly be killed along the way puts a lot of stress on your mind. Unlike this frog. What Ethan would give to be as carefree as this frog. Sitting on his mushroom. One day, when the sun sets on this awful war, he will be like this frog.

~

Your character's worst enemy asks for help when his brother is in a life or death scenario.

91 Reviews

Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:23 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Kassia crosses her arms, her expression carefully neutral. "I'll help you. What do you need me to do?"

-

Your character discovers that their best friend has been lying to them about something important.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:09 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Annabeth feels the weight in her throat before the tears prick her eyes. Her mouth opens and closes several times.

“Why?” she finally croaked out. She stares at Autumn. “Why…how could you lie to me? About that!”

———

Your character wakes up to find that the sun is literally smiling down at them, and although everyone else can see it, they act like it's perfectly normal.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:35 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Quartz wakes up in her sleeping bag, stretches, and slowly opens her eyes.

The sun is smiling at them in the sky.

"What the hell..."

Anyone they come across they subtly ask about the sun's suddenly grin, and she feels on edge the whole day, and consequent days besides.
____

Cerulea wakes up in her bed, stretches, and opens her eyes.

The sun is smiling at her through the window.

"Hm. That's weird."

She ends up asking her mentors and family about the sun, but eventually comes to the conclusion that it's some sort of normal and lives with it. Besides, it's cheery!
____

Your character wakes up in a vampire's coffin. They know it's a vampire's coffin because of the smell. Thankfully, the vampire is not in the coffin with them.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

91 Reviews

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:35 pm
AlyTheBookworm says...

Beyren grumbles, blinking blearily at the harsh red light filling the room. He closes the coffin's lid, then goes back to sleep.

-

Your character receives an invitation to the wedding of their crush and worst enemy.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:38 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Malvis grumbles to herself, already ripping the invitation to shreds. "Idiotic hunk of rock! Who needs them anyway?"
She crosses her arms, ignoring that there has always been someone who needs them.
And she just shredded her invitation to their wedding.

-

Your character realizes they are fictional.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

91 Reviews

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:25 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

"What?" Kassia freezes, and her eyes go wide. "No, no, no.. All just a story?"

She balls her trembling fists, breathing hard as she fights to stay calm. "We went through all of that- everything.. I refuse to believe it meant nothing. I don't care who created us. Or how. I'm a real person. My world is real."

-

A clip of something stupid your character did ends up on the internet and becomes a viral meme.

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo