z

Young Writers Society

Light Alabaster (Medieval Fantasy Storybook)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

"Ianus Augusto Iudicis. Rise."

Ianus rose from one knee and kissed the King's hand.

"You may look me in the eyes." Ianus heard the words a few seconds after the King spoke. 'Eyes, eyes, in the' the room echoed. The throne room was not engineered in a way to cause an echo, but echo it did. The King's was no natural echo, he knew. It was the echo of a thousand souls, reborn to bask in His Majesty's glory.

"We are in a time of great danger, Ianus," the King began. "The armies of the Ra amass. Like hunting dogs they sniff at our weaknesses, poised to strike. We must anticipate them. I have communed with our ancestors. The viscera do not lie. It is time for us to seek out the Mortiferus Flail."

Ianus' eyes widened, but he dared not interrupt his king.

"With its power, we will be able to vanquish the Ra at last. I have designated you, my most faithful servant, to be the leader of this team. The other Nobles and I have decided it is best if you choose one Emissary from each other House. Go now. Assemble your team, then attend further instruction at the South Gate."

"It is my honor to carry out any task his Majesty commands me with."

The King smiled coldly. "For glory!" he said. "For light alabaster! For he who casts all into ruin!"

"For glory! For light alabaster! For he who casts all into ruin!" Ianus echoed.

Numb, he kissed the King's hand once more. Ianus turned and walked slowly out of the room.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter