z

Young Writers Society

Elder Scrolls Spin-off (Accepting Suggestions)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:41 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

I do. You decide your characters history, but, of course, no Godmodding or contradictions with Elder-Scrolls history or your species normal boundaries. Character templates will be available soon.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:42 pm
WartyFingleBlaster says...

BRILLIANT! I'll get started on my character now.
The best part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 pm
Zyphlid says...

Oh, okay.
Though, one thing about my wood elf is that he longer follows the Green Pact. Is that okay? There is reason, of course, but it's just something I settled in the beginning phases of his character and, to be honest, it would probably be better for the SB.
And goody! I love filling out the templates.
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ”―Joss Whedon

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”―Toni Morrison

10 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:01 pm

If I'm correct it means that your character can do things with plants or something right? I'm not too up-to-date with history of any race other than Orcs... I love Orcs.
The best part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.

21 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13 pm
Zyphlid says...

It means the wood elves cannot do the following things in honor of Y'ffre, the forest god:

-Use wood or other vegetable derivatives as building materials.
-Harm any living creature or plant-life for their own betterment.
-Smoke anything of a vegetable nature.

They can only eat meat-based products and part of that is the Meat Mandate, where they must consume a fallen enemy within three days of its death.

My wood elf, Aoniax, is against the Green Pact after he basically shunned his own people as hypocrites (as the Bosmer loathe and fear necromancy, but they go on to eat the dead and disrespect them still). This basically shunned him as well and adds to his story which will be explained in the fill-out form.
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ”―Joss Whedon

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”―Toni Morrison

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:56 pm
Cole says...

I feel like including the Thu'um would be a bad idea. And it would be unfair if only one person could use it.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:57 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

Is it also ok if (consent permitting of course) you say that yours and another character know/hate each other?
I want to see you choke on your lies,
Swallow up your greed,
Suffer all alone in your misery.

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq9q6afIP8

67 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Considering the background of the story- it would be highly unlikely that any of our people would know each other prior to their assembly, but yes, I suppose there could be a history between one or two pairs.

As for your question, Cole, your character would have to be very old to use the Thu'um, lest he be the Dragonborn (which they can't be) so you can have the Thu'um if you are willing to sacrifice it for fragility.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Random avatar

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:04 pm
Cole says...

That's what I thought. So when will character forms be ready? I'm excited!

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 pm
kayfortnight says...

It's been too long since I played this game. When you post the templates, can you also post a few websites that have the culture and stuff for the various races? Plus there's the problem that I've never had a character get beyond whiterun or so.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

Random avatar

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:54 pm
Cole says...

I think everything you need to know is on the Elder Scrolls Wikia page: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_ ... rolls_Wiki

21 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 pm
Zyphlid says...

Yes.
Here is the link that leads you to the list of races: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Classes_(Skyrim)

I wouldn't pay attention to the skill lists under their names as that only applies to Skyrim and not the rest of the games, but it could help you in determining what your character would be more proficient at (like with the Bosmer, they excel at archery, which is why my wood elf does so well with it).

Clicking on the name of the race will explain to you where they come from and their culture so you can get a good grasp on your character's background!

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Ahhhh, I already have enough. But it's Elder Scrolls.
*Debates with himself*

Not sure whether I'll join it or not. I want to, but...
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

67 Reviews

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:39 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Good to hear that everybody's raring to go! The character profiles should be up by this weekend; I've had a lot of schoolwork to catch up on -_- , but next week is my half term, so it'll probably be ready to start sometime within the week. I will be placing limitations as to the strength of weapons and armour that characters will have (simply because we don't want any godmodding), so keep that in mind.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

10 Reviews

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:06 pm

DNX is in the process of writing out the backstory and character templates.
Hope you guys and girls are ready for some adventuring.

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson