z

Young Writers Society

Elder Scrolls Spin-off (Accepting Suggestions)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm
View Likes
DarknecrosisX says...

I am planning to create a Storybook (for good and committed storybookers), that is set in the world of Tamriel in which the Elder Scrolls games are set. I already have a plotline laid out, but it will be lengthy and will require people who'd like to see a great story have an end. Of course, I won't forget about the importance of improving writing skill, developing characters and having a great time, but I'd like to see (for once) an SB actually reach an ending.

The plan is to have a maximum of ten participants, one for each playable race within the series (as most other races are non-sentient or aggressive), meaning that it shouldn't rely upon each individual to keep the story going, but it would be appreciated if each member took their fair share of posts. Although not essential, a basic knowledge of the world of Skyrim would be useful, because this is where the story will be set, and for those who like learning about fantasy universes- this SB will be for you. Reading webpages will be required to understand some references made in the story, so be sure to be willing to read a bit when you consider joining this SB.

If you're interested and would like to reserve a space or ask a question, leave a comment below.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 am
Zyphlid says...

I have only played Skyrim in the past due to a friend's suggestion, but the Elder Scrolls' universe is pretty nifty. I've read a little bit of the history of Tamriel on the Wiki, but I will admit I am still not a walking book over here and stumble a bit on the knowledge.

I wouldn't mind joining, though it might help others like me to paraphrase a little about Tamriel history and locations and then also link them to helpful pages that could aid them through the remainder of the SB.

If this were to happen and I to join, I would enjoy being a wood elf. My character in Skyrim is a wood elf and I have already created a back story for him and everything. Hope you wouldn't mind a tiny, sneaky, elf with a knack for a bow and a semi-lone wolf attitude running around on your SB.
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ”―Joss Whedon

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”―Toni Morrison

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:41 am
Alvarin says...

:O I am sooo going to reserve a spot in this! I love Skyrim and I've played it for.. Well, I've lost track, but I guess it would amount to a couple of weeks. Please save me the spot as Breton, 'cause that's the race I always choose ^^

Oh, and everything one might want to know about TES can be found here:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

Edit: Oh, and by the way.. Actually seeing a SB reaching the end would be fantastic.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:03 am
Cole says...

Oh, I love Skyrim. I wish to reserve a spot, particularly as a Nord, if that is available. :D

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:11 am
crossroads says...

Well, I never played it xD
But I did actually take a look at what Alvarin posted (because I'm like that, clicking on links when I see them), and if you give me enough time to go through it all before starting, I say I'm in. Sounds complicated enough to make me interested, for sure.

At a glance, I feel like I could handle a Dark Elf, they sound reasonably..well, dark.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

67 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Damn you Alvarin! :)

Since my preffered race has been taken, I'll be a Khajit. I'm glad to see that this finally got some interests though, but be certain that you'll be comitted to the storybook before you sign up!
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 am
Alvarin says...

Hehe, sorry about that ^^'

How are you thinking about the plot? Will it be set before, during or after the main quest? And will there be shouts? And what about the different factions? And what about levels and skills and all that?

I do have a ton of other questions, but I'll start with these xD *super exited*
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 pm
WartyFingleBlaster says...

ORC!
The best part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:37 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

Redguard for me.
I want to see you choke on your lies,
Swallow up your greed,
Suffer all alone in your misery.

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq9q6afIP8

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:30 pm
kayfortnight says...

Really? All my favorite races are taken? Wood elves, dark elves, and Khajhit? I suppose I'll have an Altemer/High Elf. At least they're elves :) I'm obsessed with elves. Only reason I like Khajhit so much is because they're cat people.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

67 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:55 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

I am really surprised that the places are flying so fast- I thought nobody would be interested! That leaves me with two positions: an Argonian and an Imperial. Considering its sudden popularity, I may very well start this up next week!
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

10 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Now that the feud for the Orsimer is over between me and TyrantOfWar (love you really :P) I'd like to ask some questions:
What era is it set? Are the Empire in control? Is this when The Stormcloak rebellion is active? Or, perhaps, The Stormcloaks have control of Skyrim
When can we create a backstory? (already have a very basic one in my head)
What enemies are we likely to face?

If you could answer these DNX then I'd be very thankful so I can continue with my backstory.
The best part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.

67 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:52 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

A new era- Sort of- Sort of/Yes- I already have a backstory in that order.
Enemies I still have to consider, I still need to put some thought into this as originally no one showed any interest until now.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 pm
Zyphlid says...

Wait.
Are we not allowed to create our own character's back story or when you say "back story" you mean of the SB?
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ”―Joss Whedon

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”―Toni Morrison

10 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:10 pm

I think he means he has a backstory for the Stormcloaks and the Empire, I hope that anyway.

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness