z

Young Writers Society

Elder Scrolls Spin-off (Accepting Suggestions)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Here is the brief plot to the SB:

We are currently in the sixth era, following the brutal civil conflicts with the Empire and the Altmeri dominion which had forced Tamriel to become a secluded and almost uncooperative land. All the races across the broad mainland have control of their own territories, many poverty-stricken and barely managing to support their populations. The advancement of the races has come to a standstill.
The Daedra, the amoral beings from the plane of Oblivion, have realised the weakness of the dwellers of the realm, and now have chosen to take advantage of their lethal knowledge that could mean the end of free life in universe. The Elder Scrolls, the greatest source of power ever created, have been suspended from existence, yet the destructive beings have located one of those that were summoned into Tamriel by the Dwemer, hidden deep within the collapsed catacombs of their civillisation, abandoned hundreds of years ago.
This scroll, has the nightmarish ability to defy the rules laid by the Elders, and create life from nothing. However, the power at stake is much too great for any of the selfish Daedra to share, and as an enormous bloody conflict between the nine Daedric Princes to harness this unreal strength.
The ten greatest explorers in all of Tamriel have been called together, not by the leaders of each province, but by the Divine Aedra, to stop the self-destructive war and banish the scroll once and for all.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:15 pm
Alvarin says...

Ooh, this sounds awesome ^^
I'm working on my character right now. I suggest that in the character templates you put strengths and weaknesses, and let us pick a certain number of the skills from Skyrim to put in each box ;)
Like, my character would be good at alteration, illusion, archery, smithing and light armor, and bad at one- and two-handed, enchanting, heavy armor and pickpocket.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:32 pm
kayfortnight says...

Sounds good. My character hates the Daedra because she had a friend who experienced the destruction of the crystal tower :)

I like Alvarin's idea about assigning skills. Makes sense especially for those of us who're thinking of using one of their characters from the game.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

67 Reviews

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:33 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Character profiles- MUST be sent to me for validation. Feel free to ask me for help should you need it.

Spoiler! :
Race:

Name: (Make it relatable to their race)

Appearance: (Images allowed- appreciated)

Skills: (select three from here:http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skills_(Skyrim))

Personality/ Culture:

History: (nothing that contradicts Tamriel’s history, but it is fairly open considering current era)

Weapons/ Magics: (include the racial ability, found on the wiki page for each race)

Armour: (Pictures preferred- search the wiki or consult me for advice)

Other: (considerable other possessions)
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Random avatar

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:37 pm
kayfortnight says...

so this is after the events of skyrim?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:48 pm
WartyFingleBlaster says...

Indeed it is, Skyrim was based in the Fourth Era i believe. Anyone else hyped for this?
The best part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:40 pm
Zyphlid says...

I am super hyped and the basic plot has made it better.
I would very much love to see this SB come to a close in the future because this story sounds amazing.

I'll be turning in my form later today!
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ”―Joss Whedon

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”―Toni Morrison

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:53 pm
Cole says...

This plot sounds RIDICULOUS (In a good way)! I'm so pumped. :D

67 Reviews

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:43 pm
View Likes
DarknecrosisX says...

Glad to hear it! Once I get all your profiles I'll put the Storybook up and ask a few others if they want to join. Then we'll get started- oh yes, and for those of you who are familiar with Skyrim, we will be beginning in the conference room inside High Hrothgaar, upon the Throat of the World, where our character shall be consulted by the Greybeards about their summoning by the Divines, and we can decide where to go from there.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 pm
WartyFingleBlaster says...

SHIT YEAH! Sorry about that but I really am excited. :D
The best part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.

Random avatar

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 am
Cole says...

When do you want the form to be completed? I won't be able to finish it until tomorrow afternoon.

67 Reviews

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:44 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Anytime, don't want to rush anyone.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Random avatar

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:49 pm
Alvarin says...

How's it going, guys? ;) I really want to start, so get a move on before I start nagging. Be warned, my nagging skills are infamous. Even the Adoring Fan is no match for me.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

Random avatar

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:26 pm
kayfortnight says...

Hey, I'm done, too, Alvarin! No need to nag me!

What's the point of being a grown-up if you can't be a bit childish sometimes?
— 4th Doctor