z

Young Writers Society

Idea...

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:54 pm
View Likes
Cspr says...

So, I was thinking about making a plane crash SB, sort of like a mix of Flight 29 Down, Lord of the Flies, and Robinson Crusoe. Would anyone be up for something like that--a group of ten or so teens stuck alone on an island?

Just curious. 8)
My SPD senses are tingling.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:30 pm
View Likes
Huff Puff says...

If the overall story doesn't spell out "Plagiarism", yeah I guess.
But it's much better to come up with original ideas which distinguish your story from others.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." ~Oscar Wilde.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 pm
View Likes
Cspr says...

O.O

Well, that was an interesting response.

I was just listing those things to explain what it would be like, but exactly how it would be. I mean, they're quite different in general--Lord of the Flies ends up with everyone dead, Flight 29 Down is soft-core survivalist, and Robinson Crusoe takes place over 28 years with only one survivor who is too smart to be honestly realistic. That wouldn't be how MINE would be...and the island itself would be based off of Cumberland Island, which is not a tropical island (which the other three took place on) and everyone who ends up there is known to have bad luck.

...I hope that makes you vaguely happier?

And, yeah, I might even include fallen angels/vampire things that are called "Perfects" by the former survivors of boat wrecks and plane crashes, Victorian ruins, and extinct animals for some interest (a spin-off of my former RP "Gone", which really wasn't meant to sound anything like LOST and was nothing like LOST since everyone is [SPOILER] ALIVE [expects comment on how it is like LOST now]).

Would that be better...?
My SPD senses are tingling.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:05 pm
View Likes
WrittenInStone says...

I like the idea, it sounds good and you seem to have it all figured out in my opinion.

I'd go for it .
x]
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 pm
Huff Puff says...

Hmm.. that's a much better outline to get an 'interesting response'.
Well, with all that covered, yeah I think you should go ahead because it's a good plan and the more thrill, the more readers yeah? :)
Though, just as a suggestion, or rathe rmy honest opinion, I'd advice you to go low on the vampire/angels part. You know how much craze there is these days and almost all vampire novels turn out to be either a)similar and b) with a confusing plot.
So, the previous ideas are much better :]
Good Luck! I'll be waiting for the draft ;)
Cheers! x
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." ~Oscar Wilde.

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni