z

Young Writers Society

Ideas on Storybooks

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:20 am
View Likes
Light_Devil! says...

I've noticed a few people posting storybooks and no one every joins them, because:

A) The title doesn't draw anyone's attention.
and
B) No one is interested in the plotline.

I was wondering if people could throw around ideas here, and instead of wasting 500 points on a SB that never makes it (because for the SB creator, it is annoying) and give opinions on other people's SB ideas to see if people would join.

So, go ahead. Give your ideas and other people can tell you if they would actually join and ways to possibly make them more interesting. :D
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:52 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

This is a really good idea actually Devil!

I haven't got an idea, by the way, I just thought I'd comment :lol:
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:48 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

I believe that is what the Story Book Advert Thread is for.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

73 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:54 pm
View Likes
Light_Devil! says...

I thought that was just advertising already existing SBs. I shall take a closer look into this!

---

*a few minutes later*

After looking it over, this is still a pretty legit idea. So, anyone have any ideas?
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 am
View Likes
Apple says...

Hmmm, I was reading a book and thought this Idea was cool. And as I began to think about it more and change it so it was more my idea, I thought it would be awesome to post.

It's about a special campment (well away from civilisation), and it's run for humans that are different. AKA; have magical powers. The campment is supposed to help these humans learn with people such as themselves adn somehow fix them.

Though when they say fix they literally mean fix. Wiping away their powers, the only way to leave the campment is to have your powers taken from you. Running tests on you, drugging your food and watching you for every minute. They takes notes down on you and force you to do their every whim. (Stealing and stuff like that)

In the end the people decide to make a break for it, though it is harder then it looks.

So yeah that's what I was thinking, I just want peoples opinions and if it is good I might begin an SB about it.
I spy!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 am
View Likes
tanith14 says...

I'm very put out by the response (or lack there...) on my most recent storybook. :( It's very discouraging. :thud:
If there is one thing in the world I CAN'T stand it is the Redwings.

73 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 1:36 pm
View Likes
Light_Devil! says...

Wow, Apple, sorry for the lack of reply. That SB would be very interesting. However, would the plot flow easily?

That's probably one of the hardest things to get going in the SB and that's the plot.

Tanith, which SB is this? I'm may be interested in joining a few new ones. :D

-----

Also, would anyone be interested in a heaven vs. hell kind of FB, but not as simple as you would like to think?
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:06 pm
View Likes
Cspr says...

Sounds curious enough, Apple. I was in an RP like that once...still am... But it was about humans that phase into wolves that are considered "lesser lifeforms" in this world...

Anyway, sounds generally cool.

I have an idea, too. Here's the premise (and there'd be about ten members): there is an epic troupe of peeps who play act Dracula or some sort of vampire spoof on stages, sort of like a Broadway sort of thing. The funny thing is...they're all really vampires.
But, hey, that'll liven up their lives a bit--you live forever, sleep in coffins, want to kiss everyone you see and/or bite them, and feast on snake kibble (mice and rats) to keep your cover in place. You get bored.

It would be like a total parody of everything vampire. I mean, who makes parody storybooks? Anyone?

I think it would be cool.

And a Warriors-based SB would be cool.

So would a Peeps SB.

And a Midnighters SB.

So, we got any people who like humor, writing from the perspective of cats, or enjoy the writings of Scott Westerfield here? Anybody?

Oh, and we need more steam-punk. And black. Something that has less to do with romance and stuff and more ACTION. With kill scenes! And steam-punk! ...Yes, I know I said that twice...
And no Romeo and Juliet junk!
My SPD senses are tingling.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:29 am
View Likes
Eniarrol says...

I was thinking of creating one where all the entries are diary entries,poems or short stories the character has created about their life to tell a story about what is going on in they're lives :)
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

73 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:44 am
View Likes
Light_Devil! says...

That actually sounds pretty cool, SweetMoments, but wouldn't it be hard to follow everyone's different entries?
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:04 pm
Eniarrol says...

I guess it would :?
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

73 Reviews

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:39 am
Light_Devil! says...

I think if you wanted to do something like that you'd need to have an arranged schedule. :P
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 am
Apple says...

I love your idea, CSPR! DO ITTT!!! :D
I spy!

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat