z

Young Writers Society

Need opinion on SB idea: story around campfire vibe?

Reviews: 4
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:00 am
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

Hi! I've been thinking about this idea for a while, but I'm unsure exactly what would be interesting.
I thought it could be somewhat like The Canterbury Tales, with a bunch of adventures out to seek treasure/dragon/another goal, and then get back to the inn they met at safely. Of course, someone tells them that the road will be arduous and long; they decide to create a competition!
Everyone tells stories on the way there and back, and the winner gets a feast that everyone else has to pay for.

I was also unsure what formatting would go well for this and the limit of characters within it.
Possibly a
Meet at inn - travel-story-travel-story-travel-story-travel-story-...-goal- and repeat on the way back.

Only, this again makes me unsure about whether that will drag the story out too much.

Please offer any ideas you have!! Thank you so much!!
Hi, the name is Jasmine, but you can call me Jaz! Nice to meet you :D !

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:14 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

This sounds fun! You could have it be that there's a smaller group of characters (whoever is free at that time) going for each adventure -- that way, if every quest lasts say a week or two, with letting everyone post a couple times, this could work really well with coming up the next journey to go on.

Hope that helps a little!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

Reviews: 4
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:46 am
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

Thank you! It does!
Hi, the name is Jasmine, but you can call me Jaz! Nice to meet you :D !

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:45 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Hey, Jasmine, this concept sounds really cool! If you’re looking for feedback on how the travel and stories could work together, I’d suggest that you could have each SB post be a character getting the chance to share a story while some event happens on the trip, with the story either being a segment of the post and the event happening around it, or character discussion/response happening concurrently with the story. If you’ve got a smaller cast, you might want characters to go twice or more for storytelling, but if you have a larger cast you could have each character tell one story and end the SB once everyone’s gone and the feast has taken place (which might achieve a linear overall feel for the story). These are just some thoughts— I think this idea will be awesome!
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild