z

Young Writers Society

Roleplay Month 2022 Roleplay Buddies

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:54 pm
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Welcome to RP Buddies

Welcome to Roleplay Buddies! This is a program where we pair or group up new and old roleplayers to start a new journey together, focusing on having fun and learning :D Here, you'll enter either as someone new/inexperienced to roleplaying or someone experienced to roleplaying!

It's a wonderful chance for those who don't know much about roleplaying to learn new things, and who knows, even the experienced roleplayers may learn a thing or two from mentoring others, while having fun along the way.

New to certain aspects of the roleplay forum but not others? You can fill out both forms! Want to take part in the Buddy System multiple times, you can opt to join in again after the first round of buddies have been announced!

To take part, all you have to do is fill out this very simple form below!

If you have not roleplayed before:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Do you have an original character (OC)?:[/b] [if so, please link, paste in spoiler, or briefly describe] [if not, are you willing to make one for a roleplay?]

[b]Do you prefer speed or quality?[/b]: [can be a mixture of both]

[b]What is your preferred genre?:[/b]

[b]Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?:[/b]

[b]Any other information we need to know?:[/b]

If you have roleplayed before, including outside YWS:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Have you roleplayed on YWS before?:[/b]  [if yes, clarify if only before/after revamp]

[b]If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?:[/b]  [beginner (Hollow), intermediate (Realm), advanced (SBs)] [mention if no preference, or multiple preferences]

[b]Do you prefer speed or quality?[/b]: [can be mixture of both]

[b]Link to sample roleplay post:[/b]

[b]What is your preferred genre?:[/b]

[b]Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?:[/b]

[b]Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?:[/b]

[b]Any other information we need to know?:[/b]

Once you're done filling that out, just post it here in this thread, and then simply wait until you get tagged with your pairing. From there onwards, it's up to all of you wonderful humans to get together and ROLEPLAY!

If you'd like to buddy up outside of official buddying, feel free to do so! Everyone here is interested in RPing.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:00 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

So excited for this!!

Username: winterwolf0100

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: I prefer storybooks, or Duo roleplays!

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Quality!

Link to sample roleplay post: My intro post for LSS this year!

What is your preferred genre?: I really enjoy most genres of writing! I steer clear of western or any historical fiction that might require too much research.

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I do not currently have an idea, so I’d love if someone else had one! I’m also willing to collaborate with other people to create an idea together!

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: I am good with any amount!

Any other information we need to know?: I’m excited to get this going!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:35 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

hello i am a brand new rper --

(jk)

Username: Shady

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yep!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: I prefer duos and realms, but I am happy to join hollows or SBs as well!

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Speeeeeeed

Link to sample roleplay post: Here's a nice mid-sized post but I can also go much longer or much shorter, depending on the ~ v i b e z ~

What is your preferred genre?: fantasy and action-adventure are what I'm experienced in, but I am also branching out into sci-fi/dystopian and modern AUs. Historical and romance aren't my jam (though I don't mind adding in a bit of romance if the plot calls for it! Just don't enjoy that being the main focus) but I'm willing to try nearly anything else!

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I would prefer if someone else DMed, but I'm happy to do it if necessary as long as people are good to brainstorm through some plot before we get started ^^

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: No preference!

Any other information we need to know?: rosy-lipped batfish are the best fish ever. this is fact.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:24 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Username: looseleaf

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: yup!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: no preference, i'm fine with anything!

Do you prefer speed or quality?: either or, leaning towards speed but not by much

Link to sample roleplay post: An Unexpected Time - The Last Word (ending post)

What is your preferred genre?: historical and mystery, anything that isn't 100% fantasy (for example, yes: harry potter no: lord of the rings)

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I can create it but, if someone else wants to, that's fine with me! I have ideas but it's not that good >.> so, if you have an idea, I am more than happy to do it!

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 4 or less

Any other information we need to know?: Nope!

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:45 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Username: WeepingWisteria

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes, I've roleplayed on YWS after the revamp.

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: I'm aiming to complete all of the advanced checklist goals, so roleplays in Roleplay Hollow or Storybook Sanctuary would be best.

Do you prefer speed or quality?: I like a good balance of both.

Link to sample roleplay post: A link to a short one and a long one.

What is your preferred genre?: I'm down for pretty much anything. I'm most comfortable with fantasy or action-adventure, but I'm looking to push some boundaries.

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I would like to lead a roleplay again; I find it thrilling. My brain hoards too many ideas, but I want to keep an open mind and brainstorm with my crew.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: Honestly, it entirely depends. I've done duos before and roleplayed in small and large groups. So, either way, I'll be happy.

Any other information we need to know?: Nope! I don't think so.
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Filling this one out because my experience with RPing on YWS is very minimal

Username: Liminality

Do you have an original character (OC)?: [if so, please link, paste in spoiler, or briefly describe] [if not, are you willing to make one for a roleplay?] I'd be happy to make a character for a specific RP!

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Speed!

What is your preferred genre?: Could go for anything somewhat light-hearted and not focused on romance.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: Group of 3-4 perhaps!

Any other information we need to know?: Clouds are cool c:
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:38 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Username: SilverNight

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: My preferred form is generally Storybooks, but I'm cool with Realms and Duos!

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Slight preference for quality.

Link to sample roleplay post: We Live in the Ashes

What is your preferred genre?: Fantasy, sci-fi, anything with some kind of action/adventure! (But I don't really do historical.)

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: I have no ideas so far, but I would be willing to be a DM! I'd love to brainstorm with people based on what genres we want.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 2-4 is my ideal group size.

Any other information we need to know?: can't WAIT for RP Month :)
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:27 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Username: Spearmint (though I also go by mint!)

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yep!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: I'd say I have the most experience in Realm, but I'm good with anything! Might be interesting to try Hollow for once. >.>

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Both/either/no preference!

Link to sample roleplay post: The Descent ~ Clockwork Spies

What is your preferred genre?: Modern fantasy (fantasy in a present-day setting), sci-fi, anything with a bit of ~magic~ C:

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: Hmm... I think I'll have my hands full already with DMing one roleplay... I'd be happy to help brainstorm ideas, though! ^^

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: I'm used to groups of three or more, but I'm happy to try a duo too!

Any other information we need to know?: Mint choc chip ice cream is awesome <3
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:32 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Not sure if I'm late for this, but if not, here's my form!

Username: Seirre! But you can call me whatcha as well, if that's what you know me by!

Do you have an original character (OC)?: Link to one a made a while ago! If she doesn't fit the desired vibe of a RP I'm also happy to make another, as well.

Do you prefer speed or quality?: A mixture! I like when there's a good pace and not huge pauses of time between every post, but a bit of quality is nice as well.

What is your preferred genre?: I don't think I have any huge preferences! I'm a fan of YA, sci-fi, slice of life. I'm pretty neutral about fantasy, romance, mystery, dystopian, and I'd probably rather steer away from historical fiction just because I feel like that can involve more ~thinking~.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: Probably not much more than 4, but otherwise I'm good with whatever. I've done one duo and one RP with 3 of us total, so I'm not super used to big groups, but I'm also down to stretch my comfort zone if necessary.

Any other information we need to know?: I don't think so ^-^
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:33 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Username:Omni

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: yeet

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: I'd like to take part in a hollow or duo here ^^

Do you prefer speed or quality?: gimmeee speeeed

Link to sample roleplay post: Detention

What is your preferred genre?: I'm a sucker for fantasy but I've also been yearning for just some good ole fashioned like high school drama xD

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: Maybeeee, but I'd rather not

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 2 for duo, up to 4 for hollow :P

Any other information we need to know?: yeet
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

Username: Chaser

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes, before and after

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: SB

Do you prefer speed or quality?: While speed doesn't preclude quality, I prefer taking a slower pace.

Link to sample roleplay post: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=109967&start=30#p1488230

What is your preferred genre?: fantasy or sci-fi

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: doesn't matter to me, but I can create if it means RPing.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 4 or 5 usually

Any other information we need to know?: ?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

Reviews: 3
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:57 pm
View Likes
Ayme says...

Username: Ayme

Do you have an original character (OC)?: [if so, please link, paste in spoiler, or briefly describe] [if not, are you willing to make one for a roleplay?] I don't have any OC, but I'm willing to make one!

Do you prefer speed or quality?: [can be a mixture of both] Quality

What is your preferred genre?: Fantasy, historical and teen angst

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: 3

Any other information we need to know?: Nothing that comes to mind!
just hang in there for a little bit longer :smt006

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:39 am
View Likes
atlast says...

Username: atlast!

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: [if yes, clarify if only before/after revamp] yes, both before and after the revamp!

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: [beginner (Hollow), intermediate (Realm), advanced (SBs)] [mention if no preference, or multiple preferences] i'm newer to storybooks, but i love all levels! for this, i'd prefer to stay in the realm and the hollow :)

Do you prefer speed or quality?: [can be mixture of both] i think that speed and quality can often impact each other, but i do appreciate the immediate gratification that speed brings with it XD

Link to sample roleplay post: The Tempest's Eyes

What is your preferred genre?: i don't have any major preferences! i like fantasy, slice of life, dramas, etc, and i'm down to try almost anything!

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: i don't know if i'm ready to dm yet, but maybe one day!

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: again, no huge preference, but i'd like to stick to a smaller group (below 5) for this!

Any other information we need to know?: nope ! ^-^
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

4101 Reviews

Reviews: 4101
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:09 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Username: HarryHardy

Have you roleplayed on YWS before?: Yes, both before and after the revamp. :)

If you have, what is your preferred level of roleplaying?: No Preference Really

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Both, but tending towards quality.

Link to sample roleplay post: A Realm Post and a Storybook Post

What is your preferred genre?: fantasy, sci fi mostly. Open to others though.

Would you like to create the RP and be the DM? If so, do you need an idea?: Yeah sure. And no!

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: No preference really

Any other information we need to know?: This might look like a late application but its really not
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:00 am
View Likes
saadamansayyed says...

saadamansayyed

Do you have an original character (OC)?: [if so, please link, paste in spoiler, or briefly describe] [if not, are you willing to make one for a roleplay?] - Not really.

Do you prefer speed or quality?: Quality, however, I am not able to devote much time to this roleplaying thing.

What is your preferred genre?: I prefer realistic fiction and science fiction. I struggle with high fantasy or romance.

Including yourself, would you prefer a group of 2, 3, 4, or more in a roleplay?: Any group under six is fine with me.

Any other information we need to know?:
Stay Curious & DFTBA!
- Saad Aman Sayyed

"Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!"
— Dom Pérignon