Young Writers Society

Your Classes at a Magic School

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

If you went to a magical school, what classes would you want to take? What kind of classes would your characters want to take? I'd probably get a kick out of potions or magical botany/animal care classes. As for my characters, they'd probably focus on more directly applicable courses that specialize in things like offensive or healing magic.

(And characters like Skull and Rune, who act darker than most, would probably be interested in dark kinds of magic.)

(This may or may not be research for something @HarryHardy and I are scheming up~ ;))
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:30 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

i would 1000000% want to take magical botany. plants are cool. MAGIC PLANTS?? even cooler
healing would be interesting to pursue as well, especially if it was done through potions and/or magical botany. medication is expensive and i would personally love to fight the pharmaceutical industry via witchcraft

as for my characters, it'd be incredibly specific and goal-driven. ik magnolia would be all over anything to do with plants and animals. (i think she'd about lose her mind if magical chickens existed.)
"yeet"
- albert einstein

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:04 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

I'd like the basic, every day charms. Imagine not having to do any washing up again ever my word, I'm old

My characters would probably be into either defensive magic or something that allows them to travel quicker.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:32 pm
View Likes
Zyria says...

I'm not certain about the terminology but I'd be interested in magic that allows you to construct, reconstruct, combine, or control souls. Classes on controlling the elements also wouldn't be a bore afasdjkfasdfh.
I'd prolly take dark magic classes as well, for the purposes of adapting the spells I learn into reverse spells.
Most of my characters would probably be interested in dark magic, with the exception of Iridescence my beloved, who'd definitely specialize in protective magic (so defensive/offensive magic basically), or healing magic.
She who calls the stars to shine

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:49 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

I feel like I'd enjoy charms and practical magic, especially if it included telekinesis (like, how cool would it be to just point at the tv remote and magically summon it to your hand? xD). Anything to do with flying or air would be awesome too! Ooh, and I've always wanted to have a pocket dimension or something to store random stuff in :P
My characters would probably want to learn skills that could be useful in real-life to help people, or maybe a spell to help them study faster (like some kind of speed-reading charm). The more joke-inclined ones might also enjoy invisibility so they could go around pranking people!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:11 am
View Likes
Caerulean says...

WATERBENDING! *ehem* I mean, water magic. Plant magic is cool too! Healing/holy/light magic is also cool~ There's also Konan's ninjutsu from Naruto, Weiss' glyphs from RWBY, etc. If the school taught those too.

I'mma be writing and incorporating them all (in my own way) in my series (which features elemental magic). One character in particular is gonna need to study water sorcery. 👀💧 Another character who is not magically inclined may need to learn about using some talismans instead.
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer