z

Young Writers Society

What Roleplays do you want to see in 2022?

Favorite Roleplay Genre

Fantasy
24%
Sci-Fi
10%
Mystery
11%
Comedy
13%
Drama
6%
Slice-of-life
7%
Paranormal
14%
Steampunk
13%
Cyberpunk
4%

Total votes : 72

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:39 am
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

In the distance, you hear a proud screech as a phoenix emerges from the horizon.

Greetings, adventurers! 2021 has been an amazing year for Roleplays! We have reached many a victories! LSS reached its conclusion at the end of last year and we opened this year with the Roleplay Revamp that gave the community a fresh coat of paint and introduced new forums! Then, we had the most successful Roleplay Month to date!

We've had some great times this year, and we've had some great stories emerged from wonderful writers and roleplayers.

For 2022, we have a ton in store for you all! But, those secrets will be unveiled when the time comes. For now, we have a question for you all!

What genres do you want to see in as roleplays in the new year?

You may choose up to three options! If there's a genre you wish to see that's not on the list, put it below :D

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:40 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

One of the roleplays I would like to see sometime in the new year is just a good old fashioned magic school roleplay XD it's been awhile since I've been in one of those, and it feels like it would scratch the right roleplay itch for me.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 4
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:54 pm
View Likes
R33SE says...

Omni wrote:One of the roleplays I would like to see sometime in the new year is just a good old fashioned magic school roleplay XD it's been awhile since I've been in one of those, and it feels like it would scratch the right roleplay itch for me.

Yes to this!

I may not be a 12 year old reading the newest released Harry Potter novel anymore...but doesn't mean I don't still wish I was :smt003

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That moment when the poll only lets you pick three genres but you want to pick all of the above. 👀

I technically picked fantasy, paranormal, and steampunk, but all of those genres sound great! I'm just down for some fun, wacky roleplays where I can enjoy writing with other YWSers.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:36 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

if i could pick slice-of-life three times i would. i'm really hoping to see a roleplay that just doesn't have as much action as the ones I've been in before. fantasy and steampunk were my other choices, but like,,,,,, a fantasy slice of life or a steampunk slice of life would be great, too :P
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:07 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@InuYosha that's definitely understandable! I feel like there's a huge lack of just feel-good roleplays that don't require the same... energy? if that's the right word, as high action or adventure roleplays.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

129 Reviews

Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:56 am
View Likes
yosh says...

@Omni yep yep! It's not like I despise action, but it's kind of exhausting and hard to keep up with sometimes. Being able to just see your OC . . . doing something without actually putting effort into advancing plot would be pretty great! Not me being lazy of course :P

so i took another nap

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:23 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I selected drama, comedy, and slice-of-life right now basically for the same reasons @Omni and @inuyosha wrote lol. There's something alluring about OCs going through the motions of life with other people's OCs -- all with an extra seasoning of drama and giggles, of course.

Fantasy angst is fun and all, but it do be requiring extra energies.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

129 Reviews

Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:51 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

it's not like fantasy has to not be slice-of-life . . .

so i took another nap

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:04 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Reading this thread really makes me want to create some sort of whacky magical school slice-of-life roleplay
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Same. 👀
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:39 pm
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Hello, roleplayers! We listened to your requests on the roleplays you would like to see in 2022! We are also excited on what this new year will bring in terms of roleplays, and we decided to help out by creating four brand new Roleplay Templates! Hopefully this will make it a bit easier to start your own roleplay if you are having troubles thinking of an idea!

Go check them out! Roleplay Templates

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content