z

Young Writers Society

Roleplay Templates

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:40 am
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Roleplay Templates

Do you want to run a roleplay, but have no ideas for plot?
Do you have a roleplay idea, but want someone else to run it?
Have you made past roleplays and would be happy to open-source it?

This thread is for you!

This thread will be full of reusable or recyclable roleplay templates that anyone can copy/paste and start. It's perfect for those who want to run a roleplay but have zero ideas. RP Crew may periodically update this thread with ideas, but if you have an idea you want to share, you are also welcome to do so. Simply copy/paste the entire first post (removing participants and any OOC links), and paste it below. Make sure to add any relevant DMing notes that may be needed to run the RP.

Happy roleplaying!

Here's a template you can use if you so wish:

Code: Select all
[b]Roleplay Name: [/b]
[b]Roleplay Genre: [/b]
[b]Recommended Roleplay Type: [/b]
[b]Recommended Cast Size: [/b]
[b]DM Level: [/b]
[b]Writer Level: [/b]

[b]DM/RP Notes:[/b]
[spoiler]DM/RP Notes in here![/spoiler]

[b]Intro Post: [/b]

[code]Intro Post in code[/code]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:53 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Original RP: I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show

DM Level: Advanced
Participants Level: All levels; Beginner-friendly
RP Type: Roleplay Realm

Comments/DM notes enspoilered below!

Spoiler! :
This is a hilarious RP that is beginner-friendly and super interactive since the participants vote each round in the OOC thread. However, the DMing of this is advanced. Therefore, this RP Realm roleplay is recommended for those who have experience DMing, and wouldn't mind potentially leading beginners. The DMing is intensive because the host, K.K., talks every round. I recommend skimming the K.K. Slider posts to see what I mean. [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], to name several.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or message me on my wall!

I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show

In this universe, there exists an infinite amount of worlds and planets with various laws of physics and magic. No matter how archaic or advanced these worlds may be, they all share one thing in common: intergalactic TV.

Yes, folks, you heard that right. An intergalactic TV that crosses various dimensions across time and space to give you—that's right, you—the entertainment you so deserve. Maybe you want to watch a cheesy soap opera involving magic and drama and endless ships, or maybe you want to watch the dumpster fire of news from 2020/2021 Modern Earth.

Or, maybe, just maybe, you want to watch the award-winning reality TV show called I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show. Haven't heard of it? No problem; some poor, sad worlds do not have access to TV, which is a shame. But that is exactly the premise of the reality TV show.

I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show is an entertaining show that randomly and magically selects seven lucky individuals across space and time to play in an hour-long episode a day. They are picked only on one requirement: they must never have heard of the show. The audience—The Roleplay Realm—can watch the show on channel OOC, and the technology is so high-tech, they can even live-comment their reactions via a 'thread'.

(... Oh, you don't see this option? Sigh. Okay. Pay the monthly cable fee—199 carina nickels—and then I'll let you in. Don't click the link at the top of this post until you pay up.)

So anyways, I'm K.K. Slider, your host!

Welcome to another episode of I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show!

[center][size=200][bebas][b][color=#FFBF00]☆[/color] I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show [color=#FFBF00]☆[/color][/b][/bebas][/size][img]https://i.imgur.com/NvXIYSo.png[/img][/center]

In this universe, there exists an infinite amount of worlds and planets with various laws of physics and magic. No matter how archaic or advanced these worlds may be, they all share one thing in common: [i]intergalactic TV[/i].

Yes, folks, you heard that right. An intergalactic TV that crosses various dimensions across time and space to give you—that's right, [i]you[/i]—the entertainment you so deserve. Maybe you want to watch a cheesy soap opera involving magic and drama and endless ships, or maybe you want to watch the dumpster fire of news from 2020/2021 Modern Earth.

Or, maybe, just maybe, you want to watch the award-winning reality TV show called [i]I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show[/i]. Haven't heard of it? No problem; some poor, sad worlds do not have access to TV, which is a shame. But that is exactly the premise of the reality TV show.

[i]I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show[/i] is an entertaining show that randomly and magically selects seven lucky individuals across space and time to play in an hour-long episode a day. They are picked only on one requirement: they must never have heard of the show. The audience—The Roleplay Realm—can watch the show on channel OOC, and the technology is so high-tech, they can even live-comment their reactions via a 'thread'.

[size=70](... Oh, you don't see this option? Sigh. Okay. Pay the monthly cable fee—199 carina nickels—and then I'll let you in. Don't click the link at the top of this post until you pay up.)[/size]

[center][b]So anyways, I'm K.K. Slider, your host!

Welcome to another episode of [i]I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show![/i][/b][/center]
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:36 pm
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Roleplay Name: Leviathan Rising
Roleplay Genre: Fantasy/Steampunk/Murder Mystery
Recommended Roleplay Type: Sanctuary/Realm
Recommended Cast Size: Five or Six
DM Level: Medium to Advanced
Writer Level: All Level; Beginner Friendly

DM/RP Notes:
Spoiler! :
Hello! This is a roleplay that's a blend of high fantasy and steampunk, with a dash of a Clue-style murder mystery involved. Your characters are notable people from distant lands who have come aboard The Leviathan, a huge new airship that's making its maiden voyage. This is a historic event. As such, there are people onboard who would love nothing more than to see this maiden voyage fail spectacularly.

For the DM: Since this has aspects of mystery to this, this will require a bit of pre-planning on your part. As such, that means you will have to plot major story points in advance so the mystery will land in execution. The mystery itself can be a variety of things. I recommend either having a notable person die on the ship, or have some sketchy figures be caught my your cast at certain points. However, the amount of planning on this isn't that high, so just have fun with it ^^

The majority of this story will be confined to the airship, which is high in the sky and in the middle of an ocean. However, you do still want to figure out where this airship started its voyage and where it's ending the voyage. This is something you can work on with your fellow writers, as they are brainstorming their own countries for this.

One of the highlights I recommend involving in the story is a lavish ball. It's the perfect opportunity for politics, scheming, and shenanigans.

For the RP: This can have magic in it if you wish. If you want to keep it simple, then no magic. Your characters are important figures. Think high politics, high fashion, high importance. Some of your characters can be assassins, or notable warriors, or notable scholars. Have fun with the country your character is coming from. It won't matter hugely to the story, since you're all in an airship in the middle of the ocean, but it'll help you learn more about your characters and their motives. Does your character's country want this airship to succeed or fail?

Intro Post:

This is the time of marvels and wonders. The Leviathan is the embodiment of that. The largest airship ever created, this magnificent marvel is about to embark on its maiden voyage. This is an event to behold, and anyone who's anyone will be bound to be onboard.

However, that means that there are figured onboard who are wanting to see this maiden voyage fail, for a variety of reasons. And they are willing to do anything and everything to see it through.

Are you?

[center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/14/84/fd/1484fd2f62964a6973dea2fc7278373a--airship-pirate-ships.jpg[/img][/center]

This is the time of marvels and wonders. [i]The Leviathan[/i] is the embodiment of that. The largest airship ever created, this magnificent marvel is about to embark on its maiden voyage. This is an event to behold, and anyone who's anyone will be bound to be onboard.

However, that means that there are figured onboard who are wanting to see this maiden voyage fail, for a variety of reasons. And they are willing to do anything and everything to see it through.

Are you?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:36 pm
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Roleplay Name: On the Matter of Death
Roleplay Genre: Slice-of-Life/Mystery
Recommended Roleplay Type: Realm/Sancuary
Recommended Cast Size: 6-8
DM Level: Advanced
Writer Level: Beginner Friendly

DM/RP Notes:
Spoiler! :
This is a slice-of-life story turned mystery that revolves around two families who split long ago. The death of the last person who was apart of that family before the split pulls them together during her funeral. This is a story about family struggles, old grudges, and new hope.

For the DM: This roleplay requires a lot of pre-thought and planning, if you want to successfully pull off the mystery aspect. If you don't want to, that's also good! Mama Odessa's final act can be repairing the two families' rift. That rift is up to you, and this is something that is recommended that you craft around your writers' characters. You can spoil the rift if you so wish, or you can keep it a secret until it's revealed in the story. Focus on the characters and their relationships, the plot will flow naturally from that.

For the Writers: This is a character-heavy story. So, it's best to flesh out your characters and plot with the other writers their relationships. It's encouraged to explore their past, motivations, and secrets throughout the story. Have fun!

Intro Post: I'm sure you are wondering why you received this letter.

We are the remnants of the Ardess family.

Long ago, you and I? We used to be a part of one big ol' family, the Ardesses. About a hundred years ago, the family broke apart into the Arden family and the Odessa family. No one remembers what happened, besides Mama Odessa, the matriarch of the Odessa family and the last person alive today who was there at the split. That is, until last week.

Mama Odessa passed away.

Why am I telling you this? Well, Mama Odessa left a will. She's asked us all to attend her funeral, Arden and Odessa alike. I'm guessing she wanted some kind of reparations, some kind of healing in her death, I don't know. Nevertheless, you are officially invited to Mama Odessa's funeral. I expect to see you there.

P.S.: Mama Odessa did always like her mysteries. I fully expect her death to be her biggest mystery yet, her final act. Come prepared.

I'm sure you are wondering why you received this letter.

We are the remnants of the Ardess family.

Long ago, you and I? We used to be a part of one big ol' family, the Ardesses. About a hundred years ago, the family broke apart into the Arden family and the Odessa family. No one remembers what happened, besides Mama Odessa, the matriarch of the Odessa family and the last person alive today who was there at the split. That is, until last week.

Mama Odessa passed away.

Why am I telling you this? Well, Mama Odessa left a will. She's asked us all to attend her funeral, Arden and Odessa alike. I'm guessing she wanted some kind of reparations, some kind of healing in her death, I don't know. Nevertheless, you are officially invited to Mama Odessa's funeral. I expect to see you there.

P.S.: Mama Odessa did always like her mysteries. I fully expect her death to be her biggest mystery yet, her final act. Come prepared.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:37 pm
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Roleplay Name: The Man Who Died Before He Was Born
Roleplay Genre: Mystery/ Sci - Fi
Recommended Roleplay Type: Realm/ Sanctuary
Recommended Cast Size: 4-6
DM Level: Moderate
Writer Level: Any Level

DM/RP Notes:
Spoiler! :
This is a story that revolves around the murder of a person. It can be changed to be any one, the title currrently reflects that of a man. What will make this a bit more interesting that just a regular murder mystery is that, this person died while timetravelling back to a time before they were born, killed by someone that is clearly not from that time either. That detail is important to introduce the sci-fi aspect of things.

For the DM: This requires a bit of planning. The murder itself needs to be planned out in advance so you can hit the required notes of mystery at the right times and keep things sufficiently interesting throughout. The only detail you must have is that the killer needs to also be a time traveller, but otherwise, its upto you to create your own story around how this murder happens, and you can make it as simple or as convoluted as you'd like.

The time travel aspects are also upto you, on how you would like time travel to work in this story. The time travel can play a major part requiring multiple jumps back and forth if you want, or you can set this story entirely in the past with the characters concluding their investigation and then returning.

For the RP in general: The characters you chose will be part of a team that is assigned to solve this murder. So try to have some balance in the team, with things like personalities that you chose for the characters. You can add an element of superpowers and/or magic into this if you wish, but you can also forgo that. That's upto the DM and the writers. If you want an extra twist, you could also have your characters be from different time periods and/or worlds. Just have fun with building a good team of characters that will at least have some chance of working together and solving this mystery.

Intro Post:

Casefile: #0001
Date/Time: (Date/Time of your Choosing)
Description: A (description of the murder victim you chose) was found dead at the above location at the above time. Subject was a visitor to (Date/Time you chose) from (Date/Time of your Choosing). Initial assessment suggests foul play, as evidenced by (description of your chosing based on what murder style you go with). Perpetrator appears to also be a time travellor.
Mission: Find the person responsible for this death. Apprehend them, dead or alive and bring them back. Whatever you do, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INTERFERE with the killing itself or attempt to locate the murder by watching them in action. Follow the trail of clues, and only the trail of clues. This is of paramout importance. Failiure to adhere to the instruction will result in immediate termination.
Team Leader Assigned: DM's Character. (You may pick upto (cast size) to aid you)

[b]Casefile:[/b] #0001
[b]Location:[/b] (Place of your Choosing)
[b]Date/Time:[/b] (Date/Time of your Choosing)
[b]Description:[/b] A (description of the murder victim you chose) was found dead at the above location at the above time. Subject was a visitor to (Date/Time you chose) from (Date/Time of your Choosing). Initial assessment suggests foul play, as evidenced by (description of your chosing based on what murder style you go with). Perpetrator appears to also be a time travellor.
[b]Mission:[/b] Find the person responsible for this death. Apprehend them, dead or alive and bring them back. Whatever you do, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INTERFERE with the killing itself or attempt to locate the murder by watching them in action. Follow the trail of clues, and only the trail of clues. This is of paramout importance. Failiure to adhere to the instruction will result in immediate termination.
[b]Team Leader Assigned:[/b] DM's Character. (You may pick upto (cast size) to aid you)

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:37 pm
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Roleplay Name: The Haunted Hike
Roleplay Genre: Paranormal
Recommended Roleplay Type: Realm/Hollow
Recommended Cast Size: 4-6
DM Level: Beginner/ Moderate
Writer Level: Any

DM/RP Notes:
Spoiler! :
This is a fairly simple roleplay that revolves primarily around a lot of spooky supernatural occurences as the characters take a hike that is well known for the many paranormal occurences that occur along the length of it.

For the DM: This roleplay runs itself pretty well, all you will have to do is brainstorm a few spooky surprises for the cast and have them react. How complicated this turns out to be is entirely upto you. It is very possible to just have a few spooky occurences and wrap this up with a simple hike, or you could turn these experiences into something more connected and have more of an ending with the cast perhaps having to overcome some challenges rather than simply being spooked. There is also always the option to brainstorm some of the initial spooky challenges along with the cast and keep only plan out bigger notes you want to hit in the story.

For the Writers: Plotwise this roleplay will be a little thin, so the characters will be important. You will need to know exactly how a character would react in these situations situations and the dynamic between each character will be central to keeping this roleplay interesting and going towards and end.

Intro Post:

You're all here at [Insert Name of Appropriate Place for Spooky Trail]. You know why you're here. This is the most haunted area in all of [Region of your Choosing]. In addition to the many hauntings, several creatures are rumored to roam around here. There are too many stories of people who've gone in and never come out.

Yet despite knowing all of this, you have willingly arrived here, and as a group of [cast size] you plan to set out along it, reaching the [It can either have some mysterious end or it could just end in some other place of civilization or you could simply have it loop back to the start]. You've packed pretty well and you know you're as ready as you'll ever be.

You're excited to see what you will find and hopefully you can actually make you way out...

You're all here at [Insert Name of Appropriate Place for Spooky Trail]. You know why you're here. This is the most haunted area in all of [Region of your Choosing]. In addition to the many hauntings, several creatures are rumored to roam around here. There are too many stories of people who've gone in and never come out.

Yet despite knowing all of this, you have willingly arrived here, and as a group of [cast size] you plan to set out along it, reaching the [It can either have some mysterious end or it could just end in some other place of civilization or you could simply have it loop back to the start]. You've packed pretty well and you know you're as ready as you'll ever be.

You're excited to see what you will find and hopefully you can actually make you way out...

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings