z

Young Writers Society

Pairing Plaza for Buddies

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:59 pm
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

You've been paired!

Use this thread to meet, introduce yourself, and get situated before you make an OOC thread. Think of this thread like a pre-OOC where you can ask questions, throw out ideas, and figure out who's leading.

Specifically, use the thread to do the following:

• Tell us if you would still like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds. If you are interested in being in more than one RP, then make sure to opt in! Otherwise, the default will be: "No, I only want to be considered for this one round."
  • Who in your group will be the DM (leader/creator)? If you're interested, feel free to volunteer!
  • Make an OOC thread to figure out plot. You are also welcome to use the Pairing Plaza for plot discussion, but it would be easiest for the DM to make an OOC thread and then continue discussion for plot there so all the posts are in one place.
  • When you're ready, make the RP thread! This would be after the OOC thread is created, and you can figure out starting plot and whether you want to do a SB, Realm, or Hollow. If there are only two people in your group, then you will be making a Duo by default.
  • If you have any questions, tag anyone in the RP Crew in the Pairing Plaza, and we'll be happy to answer! If you are not happy with your group, please also PM someone in the RP Crew, and we'll work together with you.

Feel free to use the code below to get started. You can use this thread to tag others in your group and discuss as well.

Code: Select all
[b]Username & Group Number: [/b]

[b]Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: [/b]

[b]Are you interested in DMing?: [/b]

[b]Potential plot ideas: [/b]

[b]Questions or comments?: [/b]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:01 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Below are the first pairings. Find your group and introduce yourselves!

GROUP 1: @Ignorance, @ForeverYoung299
GROUP 2: @LittleLee, @QuoolQuo, @WrenZorya
GROUP 3: @Vincian, @ImaginativeAlice, @Valkyria, @MailicedeNamedy
GROUP 4: @InuYosha, @GrandWild
GROUP 5: @sakeofvanity05, @HarryHardy, @ShadowVyper, @SoullessGinger
GROUP 6: @Liminality, @Spearmint, @AlmostImmortal, @SilverNight
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:07 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Hello, Group 3! I'm Valkyria, but you can call me Val or Valk for short! I'm really excited to collaborate with you all!

@Vincian, @ImaginativeAlice, and @MailicedeNamedy
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:11 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey there Group 3! I'm the crazy one, I mean, uhh, yes, I'm Vincian, or Omnom XD

@ImaginativeAlice @Valkyria @MailicedeNamedy

I can't wait to collaborate and roleplay! Do you wanna ditch these losers (@DungeonMaster @Carina hehe) and make an OOC chat of our own to discuss things?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:14 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Username & Group Number: Shady - Group 5

Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: I don't have time for more than one :/

Are you interested in DMing?: I can if necessary, but I'd strongly prefer not!

Potential plot ideas: @_@

Questions or comments?: Do you guys wanna move this over to an OOC for brainstorming?

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:16 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

@vincian NO U
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

160 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:21 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I'm down for that @Vincian!

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:40 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Username & Group Number: Spearmint (mint), Group 6

Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: Sure!! All of them I guess, hehe ^^

Are you interested in DMing?: I'd be open to that!! But if anyone else in my group (@Liminality, @AlmostImmortal, @SilverNight) would like to do it, that'd be great too! C:

Potential plot ideas: Characters each develop a form of magic, and they each have a certain scent that appears whenever they use their magic. (For example, one character might be able to create glowing balls of light, and their scent could be lemon.) No one knows why they have their powers, until they're invited to a particular restaurant by a mysterious person...

Questions or comments?: Would anyone like to create the OOC thread? Also if we do end up going with this plot, I think it'd be neat if the characters had scents that could go together and be used in a recipe! (Like maybe cinnamon + chocolate + pumpkin spice + ginger? no idea if that works xD) But this is just one option, of course!! What do you all think? =D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:55 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Oh uh I should do this as well xD

Username & Group Number: Vincian / Group 3

Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: I don't think so, at least not right now. I might toss my name back in the hat after RP Month.

Are you interested in DMing?: I can always DM, but I think it would be cool for someone else in the group to do so if they want. (Valkyria @ImaginativeAlice @MailicedeNamedy) whoever DMs, I will always help out ^^

Potential plot ideas: I love me some fantasy :P but we can work this out in our OOC

Questions or comments?: @Valkyria would you like to make the thread? Like name it something like "Group 3 OOC"?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

160 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:09 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Username & Group Number: Valkyria/Group 3

Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: I might do a second round if I feel like it.

Are you interested in DMing?: I would prefer not to, but I'll take on the challenge and DM this one unless @ImaginativeAlice or @MailicedeNamedy want to.

Potential plot ideas: I would love to do a modern fantasy RP. I'm getting pretty tired of medieval periods. Give me some technology and coffee shops!

Questions or comments?: @Vincian, yes, I'll make the thread!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:46 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

@ForeverYoung299
Hello, hello! I’m excited to work with you!

Username & Group Number: Ignorance - Group 1

Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: Yes please! I’d like to be included in as many as I can, roleplaying is my passion.

Are you interested in DMing?: Sure! I wouldn’t mind :)

Potential plot ideas: Uhhh, depends on what you’re into, I guess-

Questions or comments?: wouldn’t you like to know weather boy /ref
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:04 am
View Likes
SalemReine says...

Username & Group Number: WrenZorya, Group 2

Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: I’m not sure yet, this is my first one!

Are you interested in DMing?: No thank you!

Potential plot ideas: No idea…

Looking forward to it!
Was WrenZorya

If I perish, I perish~ Esther, a long long time ago

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:35 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Howdy hi group 2, so how exactly should we start? I’m not really sure how anything in this universe works so I think it’d be best if anyone other than me took the lead.

@WrenZorya @LittleLee

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:22 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Username & Group Number: SoullessGinger (you can call me Ell) and I’m Group 5 (yay!!)

Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: Yeah, for sure. At most probably just one more round, but if that changes I’ll let you guys know!!

Are you interested in DMing?: YES! I’m a little nervous since I’ve never DMed for an online RP, but I have a lot of Dungeons and Dragons game master experience.

Potential plot ideas: ~m a n y~

Some examples:

1. our players fall into a book (a magical book that resides in every library that’s more than 136 years old. The library can be on any plane of existence in any time period) They must fulfill the prophecy that is written on the first page of the book, or they can never return to their world.

2. Our players wander into an inn on a cold and lonely night. When they awaken, they find that they’ve been transported to a magical land of whimsy and danger, where a mysterious stranger leaves them instructions to complete before they will be permitted to return home.

3. Our players form a group of new pirate recruits under the infamous Captain Coralbeard, who seeks the everflowing goblet of eternal life (which she suspects lies somewhere deep within the aquatic realm where no air-breathing adventurer has ever returned from).

Questions or comments?:
I think an OOC would be a great idea, @ShadowVyper! I can get that started if you’d like!
P.S. Remember to do at least one nice thing for yourself today! I’m glad that you’re alive :)
[call me ell, or ellen, or Soulless, or Ginger, the list goes on]
she/her

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:04 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Username & Group Number: ImaginativeAlice or just call me Alice/Group 3

Would you like to be considered for future RP Buddy rounds? If so, how many?: I would love to do the second round as well.

Are you interested in DMing?: I can do it! Well... I have never created a roleplay before so I will be needing help fellow group members.

Potential plot ideas: We can discuss it in the ooc of our group but mordern fantasy would be nice.

Questions or comments?: I am superrrrrrrr excited, my group is the bestttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by DreamyAlice on Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato