z

Young Writers Society

New and Accepting Roleplays

Reviews: 0
Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm
View Likes
DungeonMaster says...

Ca-caw!

A little birdie told me that there's a need for a thread to see all currently open roleplays. While you can see all open roleplays in a specific part of the RP section by clicking on the fancy green Accepting! tag, it only shows it for that one section. And you also don't get a notification when that happens.

So your favorite blue and yellow parrot is here to save the day! If you have a roleplay that needs more writers, post about it here. Roleplays in the Storybook Sanctuary, Roleplay Realm and Roleplay Hollow are all welcome here. All that me and my human employees RP Crew request is that you delete your announcement post once your roleplay is all filled up.

(I'd also appreciate a cracker or two, but I've been told to keep those to my wall and out of this thread.)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri May 14, 2021 3:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@TheMulticoloredCyr was the one who originally came up with the idea for a thread like this, so I just wanted to give him a shout-out here! Thanks for coming up with the idea for a thread where new, currently accepting roleplays could look for writers and vice versa, Cyr. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Mon May 31, 2021 6:30 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Looking for action, adventure, and an age of heroics? Give The Tale of Souls RP a try! Based in an era of woe where heroes rise and fall daily, ToS is an RP for warriors, thieves, cowards, and war lords alike!

We are currently waiting for at least 2 more people to join before we start! c:
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon May 31, 2021 8:17 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

The Gallery is a new rp featuring an extradimensional space and a loosely planned plot designed to shift to the character(s) the players choose to thrust into this uncertain space between worlds.

Every character involved will be plucked from their home world at a point just before they are to make a large and/or important decision and placed into a realm of windowlike portals into a wild array of worlds or all kinds with specific rules for passage into or out of them.

Characters from all genres, making all sorts of decisions, so long as the decision is important to the character themself. i would like to keep a maximum of two characters per writer, but if you would like to discuss it with me, there may be specific circumstances that warrant an exception.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:40 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

On the Matter of Death is a slice of life turned mystery roleplay.

Two families were split a long time ago because of something long forgotten. When the last remaining person alive during that split, Mama Odessa, passed away, both families are invited to the funeral. Little do they know that Mama Odessa has plans to explore everyone's, and the families', pasts, to hopefully reunite the families. What secrets will be uncovered? And what exactly does Mama Odessa have up her sleeve?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:04 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hello, everyone! My new roleplay just got launched. It's called Out of Place (link here.) If you like time travel, fantasy, and fighting weird and mysterious pursuers, then this is the right roleplay for you.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:22 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Okay, I'm back with another one! ^-^

Diamond Academy of Sorcery is a school in an alternate world where magic flooded into America in September 1815. Now, in 2021, you are a brand new student at this famous educational facility and hold more control over your fate now than you ever could have before. There are many classes to participate in and enjoy, from Divination to Potions, and some more "dreadful" ones you absolutely hate, such as Philosophy. This school allows students more freedoms than a typical school would and believes that all people ought to be able to explore themselves as they see fit.

I intend to start this RP Monday afternoon (CST), but I think that it would be easy to fit new characters into the RP very easily after that point (kind of like transferring a student or late registration).
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:18 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

This right here is a roleplay set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, based around a group of characters from multiple superhero universes thrown into MCU's New York. I'm accepting up to 5 players and I think it'll be a blast! Y'all can play hero, villain, or otherwise, and more rules are covered in the main post.

We are the Persistent, We are the Misplaced
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:45 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

The Headquarters is a unique style of roleplay! It's more of a hub to explain the world that these potential roleplays will take place in. Create a character to reserve a spot on the Headquarters' roster!

The first Headquarters mission will be released in December!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Wayward Travelers is currently looking for three more writers! It's a RP Realm roleplay set in the world of Genshin Impact, but no knowledge of the game is needed to be a part of the story.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:49 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Like magic? Secrets? Suspense? Adventure? Evenlor: the mysteries of magic is accepting! Please join! Kids with magic that's illegal is what it's all about. Evil police officers? Ghost dogs? Add your ideas to this! You can even add new characters!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:36 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
Apply for The Adjudicator's Institute for Heroics now!
The Adjudicator's Institute for Heroics (A.I.H.) is a completely normal K-12 academy, with nothing shady going on behind the scenes! A learning/training facility for all those with superpowers to learn how to truly hone their skills! Why did the headmistress take everyone's electronics? Why is the guarding wall built more like it's meant to keep students in? Don't worry about it! It's fine (probably)!
they/she or she/they

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:24 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

This Tagbook is open for more writers! Looking for something light, humorous, and minimal commitment - join in on the Young Spam Writers Society tagbook! :D

Here's the premise:

I like to imagine that there's a community of writers much like our own community of writers, except for instead of the users being human... they're spam bots! Yes. A "Young Spam Writers Society" where spam-bots have their own little writing website where they practice writing spam and then give each other critiques and reviews on how to be more spammy.

Once in a while a non-spam bot accidentally infiltrates their site and then the spam-bot mods have to ban the user for posting poetry or novel-chapters. And they shake their heads and someone writes a PSA about how to catch a YWSer's work. Maybe in their little online society, the moderators run little spam contests and challenges (like "hide a link" or "derail the thread") and every year they eagerly anticipate August when they celebrate "SpamMo" where everyone tries to write 30 Spam Comments in a month's time.

Join me on the imagination train, and imagine you are a spam-bot, maybe a newbie to Young Spam Writers Society, or maybe one of the seasoned oldies. How do you deal with YWS infiltrators, what are you going to post on the people tab, what spam-projects are you currently working on? Join the story here!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:03 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

So you died an unatural death? What a shame. If only you could come back to life by entering some kind of competition...
Oh wait...you can! Join the Ghost Games, where you will complete challenges that will test your skills. The one who ranks the highest will receive the rare prize of ressurection! And you don't even need to post in the OOC before joining, you can post right now! So what are you waiting for? I also don't know! Go join the Ghost Games now!
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn