z

Young Writers Society

Trapped in a Video Game RP

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:45 pm
Mageheart says...

I made an interest thread for a storybook based on this premise last year, but I wanted to make a new thread for it because it's not really tied to Sword Art Online and isn't really a storybook anymore - it's just inspired by the mechanics of SAO. It's also not as convoluted as the plot I came up with in that SB interest thread.

(I've also run/written similar stories to this where characters end up in Minecraft!)

The premise of the roleplay is pretty straightforward: the characters all get trapped as their avatars in a (MMORPG) video game that they played. To make things a little more entertaining, they're the only ones who get trapped - the regular old players keep playing the game as per usual and are never the wiser.

The main problem I'm having right now is if I should invent a completely new world/game for the characters to get trapped in, or if I should rely on a game that already exists.

(Like Minecraft!)

I don't want to exclude anyone who's not as familiar with an already existing game, but I'm also a big fan of Minecraft and would love to base a new roleplay off of the tropes and ideas I have in all of my unfinished Minecraft fanfictions and roleplays.

So if this roleplay sounds interesting to you, let me know! And also let me know if you would prefer a completely new game or one that's already in existence that would probably be Minecraft.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:19 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

Sounds super interesting! I like the idea of a game based off of minecraft -- it'd be cool the see some elements of other games implemented too, depending on the general vibe you want the world to go in!
edit: id totally love to join this!
Last edited by Corvid on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:23 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

I would be interested in joining!!
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 am
Mageheart says...

@Corvid, thanks for the input and interest! If I don't end up making the roleplay outright set in Minecraft, I'm sure the majority of the mechanics would be based on it - that and Genshin Impact are on the only two games I regularly play. :P

And thanks for letting me know you're interested, @MomoMajesty!
mage

queer and here.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:54 am
View Likes
Pokeberry111 says...

I would join ^^
It sounds cool
"If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore." -Michele Ruiz
They/Them
Berry/Lu's the name
Berry's Google Doc Books ^^

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:46 am
Mageheart says...

That's great, @Pokeberry111!
mage

queer and here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:15 am
View Likes
CrikyWalk says...

I think any game based on Minecraft would be interesting to see. And from your question in the last paragraph, I believe an entirely new game would be better, that's if you've not gone far already, lol. So are you looking for volunteers? If yes, I’d be willing to join too. After all, I'm also trying to pursue a career in gaming. I read from; https://yourmoneygeek.com/how-to-make-money-playing-video-games/ on ways to make money through games, and that's why you can find me on any page that talks about games, lol.

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian