Young Writers Society

Ask a Question

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:07 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Welcome to the Roleplay Lounge! Got a question but don't want to make your own thread? Don't worry, ask it here and one of the roleplay mods will answer it as soon as possible. We'll also create a list of some FAQs in this post in the future.

Unsure of all the new forums and what they entail? Don't worry! We have a brief rundown of our new layout.

Unsure of where everything is?
Go back to the Roleplay Hub for a condensed list of all things Roleplay related.

FAQs
Nothing to see yet!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:51 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I'd like some modly wisdom for a magical school RP concept that I'm developing!

Typically, RPs take place in the official RP forum or (less often) the RP Club Forum area. Well, what if there was a club devoted to an RP but that club was the RP itself. As in, there are multiple threads for the RP-- in this case, 27 and counting-- and none of the roleplaying is found within the RP Forum area. It's theoretically plausible, but it's also a big undertaking for any potential mods (mold-covered or appointed by moi) that would be overseeing this.

I mentioned that there would be 27+ threads for this in a club forum. These would be classes (10), Dorms and their OOCs (10), a General OOC, and 6 additional threads (two of which are a Q&A and character list). It's ridiculously complex, even for me, but my question here is-- is this allowed? What would the ramifications be? Would I single-handedly be responsible for murdering the notification system?

I'd like to add that having many separate threads for this is for a reason. Rather than have different people have to wait to continue their characters' interactions with one another while they were, say, in a library while others are out fishing on a lake but all of those people are offline and don't want to dig through pages of stuff, it keeps the system a little less clogged perse and theoretically promotes greater stability of RP continuance.

TL;DR: I am attempted to create a complex RP without caffeine in my system; send help immediately.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:00 am
View Likes
Carina says...

@TheScribe You could do that; it wouldn't be against the rules. The main drawback I see from doing that is that clubs are not forums -- if you subscribe to the club, you subscribe to all of the threads in the club. So if there are 27 threads but you are only involved in 12 of them, welp, too bad, you're getting notifications for all 27 threads. That can be a lot of notifs to swim through! Not to mention that the clubs can be a little glitchy sometimes with pages, and you are unable to edit out posts. It is nice that it's a one-stop shop for all of the RPs, and just because it's separated from the rest of the forums, doesn't mean it won't be moderated; YWS rules still apply.

Instead, I recommend having a RP Lounge thread that links all of the threads across the RP Realm/Hollow/Duo/Storybooks/OOC threads, and then posting the links on the first page of the thread so that you can bounce back and forth between them. It might not be as pretty as clicking one link and seeing all the threads in one place, but it will be less notifs, an easier user experience, and less glitchy.

Good luck!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:38 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@Carina, @Tuckster was correct to call you the secret supreme overlord of YWS because that is absolutely genius and not something I would've thought. Ahh tysm <33
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:28 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

omg hahaha glad I can help @TheScribe!!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:10 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Hello. I have a question about hashtags. For #characterinterviews, does it have to be a character that you posted on YWS? Like can it be from something you're working on but haven't posted? Thanks!
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

FluorescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:15 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

@LuminescentAnt Glad you asked! You can use any character you'd like - there are no limits. Whether it's a character YWS would be familiar with, or a character that only exists in your head, you're welcome to use any of them!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

116 Reviews

Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:15 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

@Carina thanks for answering! Wow that was quick.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:30 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

I have another question. For DM Daily Bounties, there are Bounties that say something like, "Write 500 RP Words." Does this mean, 500 words in one RP post, or just write 500 words? Like can the proof be 200 words from one post and 300 words for another post, or one post with 500 words?
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:42 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@LuminescentAnt Good question! It means 500 words total. So yes, you can use 200 words from one post and 300 from another. :D
You can check out last year's Daily Bounty Completions to see how other people did it last year!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:45 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Okay thanks for answering!
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro