z

Young Writers Society

Murder Party

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:37 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

What I'm suggesting is a murder mystery.

Set out as a SB/RP/game thingy/(to be honest I'm not entirely sure) everyone plays a character with a secret or two to hide and one of them is a murderer, but no one knows who.

Stay with me while I explain it badly...

I'm imagining that the initial murder victim would act as some kind of host, adding the occasional summary of where the mystery is so far and working with whoever the murderer is to write the murder and lay possible clues to guide the other characters along.
In the beginning, only the host knows who the murderer is as well as possibly the secrets of the other characters. Their death would most likely be the thing to initiate the story.
The other characters could work together or alone to figure out who the true culprit is but none are allowed to reveal themselves entirely.
The mystery progresses until either the murderer is caught or all the other characters have been disposed of (by death or other means).

I hope that gives a bit of a picture of what I mean. Either way, I only came up with this today so it is still on the sketchy side and I'm not even entirely sure if it would work.
I mainly just put it here to see what anyone else thought of it.

All in all, I've been a little obsessed with Agatha Christie recently

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 pm
Mageheart says...

This sounds really cool! I think there's been a few murder mysteries in the past, but none ever got all that far. I'd love to see one on YWS again. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:20 pm
IcyFlame says...

I love this idea! I used to do murder mystery type things with my family a lot, so a YWS based one sounds great :)

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:57 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

@Magebird would it be possible for you to give me the link to one of these mysteries? perhaps having a look over them could help straighten my idea out and maybe make it work if I ever do decide to try it out in the world.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:15 pm
Mageheart says...

I could try! I was never a part of them, so I'm not entirely sure what their names are. It would take me some time to find them, and I'm not sure I have that time today. But I'll keep an eye out for them! :)

(I think one of them was Clue-themed, and another had something to do with Mt. Olympus? Both would be lurking somewhere in the storybook archives.)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage