z

Young Writers Society

The Southern Wastes

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:09 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

So, if it isn't obvious by some of my recent published works, I'm a fan of the Fallout Franchise. I spent today with @Stringbean planning a storybook idea I had and was wondering if anyone was interested.

Needed background information-- nuclear war occurred on Oct. 23, 2077.

==========

War. War never changes.

In the years following the Great War, the South quickly started recovering-- the forests returned to being lush and full, trees began spreading like wild, human populations began to grow. Now, at the turn of the century, troublesome raiders and super mutants are starting to spread around.

The Black Mark, a makeshift army of raiders, is being mobilized in New Orleans and has set out to conquer as much land as they can. With only the New Confederacy and a group called Freedom's Lifeline in their way, domination of the South is practically theirs for the taking.

Or so they thought.

A group called the Enclave has surfaced in the town of Texarkana, claiming that they are the remains of the US government. Though few in number, their technology could potentially wipe out the Black Mark army.

Meanwhile, further east, a group of soldiers in Raleigh, North Carolina still await any word from any superior officers. After 23 years, though, they are tired of waiting and have decided to take the city as their own. With a small group of settlers standing at their sides, the US Army remnants are ready to fight the slave-owning rebels to the south and the raiders to north.

It is into this world that a group of Vault Dwellers arise, unsure of what they will find in the cruel Wasteland. Located in Fort Campbell, they are weary of living underground for more than two decades, and already the next generation is eager to set their sights on rebuilding America. With no knowledge of what they face and unaware of what they may find around every corner, the Vault Dwellers now control more than just the destinies of the Vault.

They control the very fate of the entire South.

Map:
Spoiler! :

Factions List:
Spoiler! :
The Enclave - Canon Group in a Fanfic World- https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Enclave
The Black Mark - non canon - loose army of raiders
The Vault Dwellers of Vault 37 - groups of characters in Fort Campbell
Raleigh Soldiers - Non Canon
New Confederacy - Non Canon
Raiders (general) - Canon - https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Raiders
Freedom's Lifeline - Non Canon - Group similar to the Minutemen, but local to Memphis - https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Commonwealth_Minutemen
Last edited by Riverlight on Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:54 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

This sounds extremely interesting. Our knowledge of the Fallout lore is restricted to the various factions along the West Coast and Mexico (the NCR, Caesar's Legion, Western Brotherhood, etc.), so seeing the South expanded like this looks like a fun place to write a SB in.

Whenever (if ever) you make this SB, please tag us. We may be interested in joining something like this :-)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

311 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:01 am
Riverlight says...

ThePatchworkPilgrims wrote:This sounds extremely interesting. Our knowledge of the Fallout lore is restricted to the various factions along the West Coast and Mexico (the NCR, Caesar's Legion, Western Brotherhood, etc.), so seeing the South expanded like this looks like a fun place to write a SB in.

Whenever (if ever) you make this SB, please tag us. We may be interested in joining something like this :-)

Thanks, @ThePatchworkPilgrims! I'll definitely tag y'all if I go through with this.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

311 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:23 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Okay! So, after a heck ton of work, this project has a name that I'm rather proud of-- "The Southern Wastes." Not Wasteland-- that sounds too... not Southern :P *shrugs*

Anyways, I've done a lot of work, and I'm still not really done, but of course others can add stuff to this, too. Thanks to @Stringbean and @ShadowQueen for helping me come up with some new critters! <3

Here's a secondary pad I put it all on:
https://vil.writerfeedpad.com/255

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:59 am
SpunkyMonkey says...

I’m definitely interested in doing this.
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

311 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:15 am
Riverlight says...

@spunkyspacekitty Here is the Discussion Thread and te actually SB

DT-
The Southern Wastes DT

SB-
The Southern Wastes

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie